Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we win tonight ... 14:15 - Mar 6 with 6620 viewsSomethingBlue

... it does open the door to the play-off fringes just a tiny bit and would inject some genuine interest into the next two home games, especially given the other fixtures. Hope we can step up; hadn't realised quite how depleted Wednesday were, to be honest, and if we're to make the rest of the season remotely competitive it is an opportunity we have to take.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we win tonight ... on 14:19 - Mar 6 with 4602 viewsDarth_Koont

Cue the inevitable loss or draw ...

Whatever happens, it would be nice to experience a little burst of confidence and momentum before the season is over, and this is our only real chance. It'll be a very long slog until August if our season just peters out already in March.

Pronouns: He/Him

If we win tonight ... on 14:23 - Mar 6 with 4587 viewsSomethingBlue

If we win tonight ... on 14:19 - Mar 6 by Darth_Koont

Cue the inevitable loss or draw ...

Whatever happens, it would be nice to experience a little burst of confidence and momentum before the season is over, and this is our only real chance. It'll be a very long slog until August if our season just peters out already in March.

Yeah, I fully expect a draw to be honest. If we won it would still resemble, more than anything, those first couple of full seasons under Mick where we sort-of had a chance but didn't really ... but it would at least set the next week up interestingly.

If we win tonight ... on 14:28 - Mar 6 with 4568 viewsartsbossbeard

I've not bothered looking at the table for a while now and I was amazed to see how for The Owls have dropped down the table when I did check.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If we win tonight ... on 14:35 - Mar 6 with 4538 viewsSomethingBlue

If we win tonight ... on 14:28 - Mar 6 by artsbossbeard

I've not bothered looking at the table for a while now and I was amazed to see how for The Owls have dropped down the table when I did check.

Even allowing for their current injuries, what's happened there in the past couple of years puts anything that's gone on at Town firmly in the shade. With what they've spent they *have* to be in the PL by now and reading between the lines you sense their owners' interest may be on borrowed time ...

If we win tonight ... on 14:38 - Mar 6 with 4506 viewsartsbossbeard

If we win tonight ... on 14:35 - Mar 6 by SomethingBlue

Even allowing for their current injuries, what's happened there in the past couple of years puts anything that's gone on at Town firmly in the shade. With what they've spent they *have* to be in the PL by now and reading between the lines you sense their owners' interest may be on borrowed time ...

Exactly! You kinda sense that if they don't do it this year, which they won't, then the money side is against them for the foreseeable.

See also, Norwich.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

If we win tonight ... on 15:06 - Mar 6 with 4442 viewsHalf_Idiot

There are rumours that the "injuries" aren't that at all, and the players out have performance/appearance clauses in their contracts that the owner doesn't want to pay.

A lot of the Owls fans I talk to anticipated a decline in performance this season but I don't think they were expecting it to be this bad.

I get the impression the owner thought he could buy his way to the premier league. That obviously hasn't happened so now he's happy to just let things tick over and hope for a miracle... Sounds familiar.
If we win tonight ... on 15:22 - Mar 6 with 4378 viewsIllinoisblue

If we win tonight ... on 15:06 - Mar 6 by Half_Idiot

There are rumours that the "injuries" aren't that at all, and the players out have performance/appearance clauses in their contracts that the owner doesn't want to pay.

A lot of the Owls fans I talk to anticipated a decline in performance this season but I don't think they were expecting it to be this bad.

I get the impression the owner thought he could buy his way to the premier league. That obviously hasn't happened so now he's happy to just let things tick over and hope for a miracle... Sounds familiar.

they must be spending a fortune on wages when you look at the players they have in their squad. Obviously they get decent crowds but even so. They spent 10 million alone on Jordan Rhodes.... for a return of 7 goals so far.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If we win tonight ... on 15:22 - Mar 6 with 4382 viewsitfcjoe

We've got 3 very winnable games in a week coming up - get 9 points and we are right in there.....but we will get (at most) 6 or 7 and still be too far away to really consider them.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

If we win tonight ... on 15:27 - Mar 6 with 4347 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

If we win tonight ... on 15:06 - Mar 6 by Half_Idiot

Their first season in the playoffs came a year into the new regime which everyone at the club said at the time was well ahead of the plan (around 2 years ahead to be precise)

Because of that they then started spending a bit more to fast track their long term plan and only matched the play off place the following season.. Which is where they then spent fortunes on the likes of Rhodes to really rubber stamp it, but it's all fallen apart since.

Sounds like an owner who started very well and fell into the trap of think he had it sussed, but has had the rug well and truly pulled from underneath him this season.
If we win tonight ... on 15:28 - Mar 6 with 4341 viewsITFC_Forever

If we win tonight ... on 15:22 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

We've got 3 very winnable games in a week coming up - get 9 points and we are right in there.....but we will get (at most) 6 or 7 and still be too far away to really consider them.

Even if we win them all, we will in all likelihood still be 3 / 4 / 5 points of the POs.

That would put us on a run of 4 wins, double anything we have managed all season, so I'm not holding my breath - then we'll still need to put together another similar run to get in the POs and then maintain decent form for the rest of the season.

If 75 points is the usual benchmark to reach the POs, we need to win another 27 points between now and the end of the season (12 games) - that's an average of 2.25 points per game. No chance.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If we win tonight ... on 15:31 - Mar 6 with 4319 viewsitfcjoe

If we win tonight ... on 15:28 - Mar 6 by ITFC_Forever

Even if we win them all, we will in all likelihood still be 3 / 4 / 5 points of the POs.

That would put us on a run of 4 wins, double anything we have managed all season, so I'm not holding my breath - then we'll still need to put together another similar run to get in the POs and then maintain decent form for the rest of the season.

If 75 points is the usual benchmark to reach the POs, we need to win another 27 points between now and the end of the season (12 games) - that's an average of 2.25 points per game. No chance.

I don't disagree with the general premise as don't think we have that run in us. Just speaking more generally that we have 5 very winnable games in the next 6 and are playing some better stuff.

After that the run into the end of the season is tough and we'd most likely fall away - but would be nice to have a bit of hope - although there is the flip side which would say it may rubber stamp mick's new deal before we fall away which may not be best thing for the club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If we win tonight ... on 15:34 - Mar 6 with 4310 viewshomer_123

It won't happen.

However, it would be highly amusing to think that, at possibly the lowest ebb of relationship between Club/ Manager and Fans we could still end up in the play-offs.

Just for second, imagine how mad that would actually be given the current toxic climate....I don't think (some) supporters would quite know what to do!!!!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If we win tonight ... on 15:36 - Mar 6 with 4285 viewsartsbossbeard

If we win tonight ... on 15:34 - Mar 6 by homer_123

It won't happen.

However, it would be highly amusing to think that, at possibly the lowest ebb of relationship between Club/ Manager and Fans we could still end up in the play-offs.

Just for second, imagine how mad that would actually be given the current toxic climate....I don't think (some) supporters would quite know what to do!!!!

I'm giggling at the very thought.

Imagine' Mick Out' Wembley banners.

If we win tonight ... on 15:37 - Mar 6 with 4279 viewsITFC_Forever

If we win tonight ... on 15:31 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

I don't disagree with the general premise as don't think we have that run in us. Just speaking more generally that we have 5 very winnable games in the next 6 and are playing some better stuff.

After that the run into the end of the season is tough and we'd most likely fall away - but would be nice to have a bit of hope - although there is the flip side which would say it may rubber stamp mick's new deal before we fall away which may not be best thing for the club

I think Mick is staying no matter what, unless we go on a real cataclysmic run, which again, we probably haven't got in us.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If we win tonight ... on 15:46 - Mar 6 with 4235 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Wednesday have won 1 in 11 we really need to beat them and then go for it against Sheff Utd. Then we can start thinking about the play-offs. Fail to win both and we can forget it.

Poll: Final points total?

If we win tonight ... on 15:53 - Mar 6 with 4206 viewsRyorry

It won't happen.

Was just thinking similarly - what if we actually ended up getting promoted?!!!!! In which case he could throw as many 1 & 2 finger gestures, accompanied by a couple of words which start with f and y, in my direction as he liked & welcome!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If we win tonight ... on 15:55 - Mar 6 with 4188 viewsvapour_trail

If we win tonight ... on 15:37 - Mar 6 by ITFC_Forever

I think Mick is staying no matter what, unless we go on a real cataclysmic run, which again, we probably haven't got in us.

It’s looking that way isn’t it, which part of me finds very funny purely on the impact it will have on The Morons.

Wouldn’t rule out the baggies asking him to take them back up either though.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If we win tonight ... on 16:15 - Mar 6 with 4115 viewschristiand

So a couple of draws over the next few games will finally put all this play off talk to bed then? Honestly, are we one of the top 6 clubs in this league? We simply aren't.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If we win tonight ... on 16:18 - Mar 6 with 4095 viewsartsbossbeard

If we win tonight ... on 16:15 - Mar 6 by christiand

So a couple of draws over the next few games will finally put all this play off talk to bed then? Honestly, are we one of the top 6 clubs in this league? We simply aren't.

I don't think anyone is saying we are, sorry to disappoint.

SB has simply made the point that it's still mathematically possible.

If we win tonight ... on 16:21 - Mar 6 with 4073 viewschicoazul

Maybe this was Evans' plan all along. Wait for everyone else to go bust.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If we win tonight ... on 16:25 - Mar 6 with 4045 viewschristiand

If we win tonight ... on 16:18 - Mar 6 by artsbossbeard

A few will mention it as we approach the build up to a another match in the hope we can suddenly get 5 wins in a row. We just aren't good enough this season, which we need to accept and move on whether it is mathematically possible. There are simply more consistent sides above us and I can't see us overhauling them or them suddenly collapsing in their form.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 16:27]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If we win tonight ... on 16:26 - Mar 6 with 4034 viewsartsbossbeard

If we win tonight ... on 16:25 - Mar 6 by christiand

A few will mention it as we approach the build up to a another match in the hope we can suddenly get 5 wins in a row. We just aren't good enough this season, which we need to accept and move on whether it is mathematically possible. There are simply more consistent sides above us and I can't see us overhauling them or them suddenly collapsing in their form.

I think many have accepted this to be the case, yes.

If we win tonight ... on 16:27 - Mar 6 with 4030 viewsSomethingBlue

If we win tonight ... on 16:18 - Mar 6 by artsbossbeard

Precisely. Odd non-sequitur from the previous poster.

If we win tonight ... on 16:28 - Mar 6 with 4025 viewsDarth_Koont

If we win tonight ... on 16:25 - Mar 6 by christiand

But the sides up to 6th aren't all that consistent either. Even Derby and Fulham have a poor run of results in them.

That's why we've kept the same sort of distance over the past few months without ever putting even a good run of results together let alone a great run.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 16:29]

Pronouns: He/Him

If we win tonight ... on 16:28 - Mar 6 with 4019 viewsJimmyJazz

It won't happen.

I would imagine that it wouldn't change their tune.

Imagine looking back in years to come at a season where we reached the play-offs - so that must have been an exciting season to follow the Town? No, I didn't attend that season because I was having a sulk at whatever I could think of, owner, manager, prices, style of play, state of the roof of the stand.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024