Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. 13:25 - Mar 8 with 5832 viewsMeadowlark

Someone asked him if he'd like to be our manager? He said:
"I'd love to. Why don't you send a letter to Mr Evans!"
Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 13:27 - Mar 8 with 5815 viewsBlueBadger

Christ. The only reason we should employ Butcher as manager is if the other candidates are Megson, Keane and Jewell.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

on 13:48 - Mar 8 with 5718 views_

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 13:27 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

Christ. The only reason we should employ Butcher as manager is if the other candidates are Megson, Keane and Jewell.

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:26 - Mar 8 with 5637 viewsSwailsey

on 13:48 - Mar 8 by _

I’d rather have Keane back.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:31 - Mar 8 with 5624 viewsBlueBadger

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:26 - Mar 8 by Swailsey

Woah, woah, woah, let's not get overexcited and say things we might regret later.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:37 - Mar 8 with 5602 viewsitfcjoe

on 13:48 - Mar 8 by _

Whilst his managerial career is patchy, he has had some good spells.

He certainly wouldn't be my choice, far from it - but if he were appointed he'd certainly give his all for the club and it wouldn't be for lack of trying if he were to fail.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 14:41 - Mar 8 with 5587 views_

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:37 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

He certainly wouldn't be my choice, far from it - but if he were appointed he'd certainly give his all for the club and it wouldn't be for lack of trying if he were to fail.

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:49 - Mar 8 with 5560 viewsitfcjoe

on 14:41 - Mar 8 by _

But presumably you don't have your UEFA Pro Licence and 30 years of experience in the football industry as both player and manager?

on 14:55 - Mar 8 with 5542 views_

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:49 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

But presumably you don't have your UEFA Pro Licence and 30 years of experience in the football industry as both player and manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 15:05 - Mar 8 with 5511 viewsitfcjoe

on 14:55 - Mar 8 by _

I'm not disagreeing with the last part, but merely making the point he is actually a manager who has had some success in the past - most notably at ICT and that there would also be much worse choices than him out there.

on 15:06 - Mar 8 with 5506 views_

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 15:05 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

I'm not disagreeing with the last part, but merely making the point he is actually a manager who has had some success in the past - most notably at ICT and that there would also be much worse choices than him out there.

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 15:07 - Mar 8 with 5499 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:26 - Mar 8 by Swailsey

That sentence should be said under no circumstances in either anserious or jokey manner.

Have an arrow of hatred

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 15:13 - Mar 8 with 5446 viewsitfcjoe

on 15:06 - Mar 8 by _

But he does have a history with the club so that is surely a moot point

on 15:18 - Mar 8 with 5431 views_

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 15:13 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

But he does have a history with the club so that is surely a moot point

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 16:25 - Mar 8 with 5325 viewseireblue

Will you have to write his CV as well as the covering letter?
Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 17:02 - Mar 8 with 5259 viewsfactual_blue

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 13:27 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

You missed out Lee Bowyer. Not like you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 18:22 - Mar 8 with 5181 viewsSwailsey

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 15:07 - Mar 8 by The_Romford_Blue

That sentence should be said under no circumstances in either anserious or jokey manner.

Have an arrow of hatred

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 18:24 - Mar 8 with 5174 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 18:22 - Mar 8 by Swailsey

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 18:36 - Mar 8 with 5153 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wouldn't want anything to sour big Tel's reputation with the club.

I feel a managerial stint would do that.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 18:49 - Mar 8 with 5122 viewsBlueBadger

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 17:02 - Mar 8 by factual_blue

You missed out Lee Bowyer. Not like you.

Isn't he still busy breeding racist fish?

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 21:46 - Mar 8 with 4942 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 18:49 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

Isn't he still busy breeding racist fish?

If we were to go down the ex-player route, I think there would be several ahead of Tel, namely;
Burley
magilton
mogga

Problem re Butcher is although he has some managerial success it was all in Scotland and mixed even there at that. The other 3 have much better records......

It’s all a moot point anyway, no way is ME going to appoint a club legend as the flak of the fans would go straight to him and not the manager at the first sign of trouble.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 21:56 - Mar 8 with 4917 viewsVic

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 14:37 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Stuart Pierce at Forest comes to mind!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 19:03 - Mar 9 with 4687 viewsBlueBadger

Saw Terry Butcher at a "Sporting Memories" thing this morning. on 18:36 - Mar 8 by gainsboroughblue

Wouldn't want anything to sour big Tel's reputation with the club.

I feel a managerial stint would do that.

...I'd probably think more favourabley of him as a nanager if he went to Norwich...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024