Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs close to Cambridge station 15:04 - Mar 9 with 2760 viewsgainsboroughblue

Recommendations please. Real ale ones preferably. A beer garden for a smoke a bonus.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:18 - Mar 9 with 2737 viewsartsbossbeard

You're welcome.

http://earlofbeaconsfield.co.uk/index.html

Cask ale, live music and a couple of dogs (furry kind), if memory serves.

Garden to the rear.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:23 - Mar 9 with 2727 viewsbracknell_blue

Cambridge Blue - great range of beers, garden, in Good Beer Guide. Does basic food but very good. One of the best pubs in the city.

Don't go to the pub by the station under the IBIS hotel. Identikit soulless Young's pub , food led.

http://cambridge.pub/the-blue/

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:23 - Mar 9 with 2724 viewsBurwell_Blue

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:23 - Mar 9 by bracknell_blue

Cambridge Blue - great range of beers, garden, in Good Beer Guide. Does basic food but very good. One of the best pubs in the city.

Don't go to the pub by the station under the IBIS hotel. Identikit soulless Young's pub , food led.

Yeah, the Blue, or the Five Bells in Covent Garden (which is closer)
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:28 - Mar 9 with 2712 viewsEastTownBlue

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:23 - Mar 9 by bracknell_blue

Haven't tried that out.

I know that the Devonshire Arms and Kingston Arms are also near the station.
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:30 - Mar 9 with 2702 viewsimsureazzure

The flying pig?
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:43 - Mar 9 with 2684 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Live and Let Live.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 16:46 - Mar 9 with 2642 viewsFtnfwest

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:18 - Mar 9 by artsbossbeard

You're welcome.

http://earlofbeaconsfield.co.uk/index.html

Cask ale, live music and a couple of dogs (furry kind), if memory serves.

Garden to the rear.

My uncle used to have that pub years ago, good boozer still (the pub, not him god rest his soul!)
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 17:00 - Mar 9 with 2624 viewsartsbossbeard

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 16:46 - Mar 9 by Ftnfwest

My uncle used to have that pub years ago, good boozer still (the pub, not him god rest his soul!)

I Used to work in Cambridge and if I trained it in, I'd always stop off for a beer there on the way home. Proper pub.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 17:01 - Mar 9 with 2622 viewslowhouseblue

salisbury arms, tension road.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 17:43 - Mar 9 with 2585 viewsbrogansnose

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 15:30 - Mar 9 by imsureazzure

The flying pig?

Yeah, the Flying Pig and Devonshire Arms are the closest. Flying Pig is a bit on the pricey side but has good beer.

Edit; The Earl of Derby is not far off either but its just run of the mill stuff.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 17:44]
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2531 viewsFreddies_Ears

So many to choose from. The Devonshire Arms is less than 10 mins, and has the full range of Milton beers. A bit further on, the Cambridge Blue (15 mins) is a renowned real ale pub. There is a new Youngs pub that looks like a wetherspoons but at Youngs prices right at the station itself. Also worth trying the live and Let Live (just off mill road), another great ale pub and 15 mins fm the station.
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 19:31 - Mar 9 with 2524 viewsFreddies_Ears

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 17:43 - Mar 9 by brogansnose

Yeah, the Flying Pig and Devonshire Arms are the closest. Flying Pig is a bit on the pricey side but has good beer.

Edit; The Earl of Derby is not far off either but its just run of the mill stuff.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 17:44]

Earl of Derby is a basic, expensive GK.

Edit - when I was at school, 200 yds away, it was a basic, rough GK with Abbot at a rip-off 36p a pint.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 19:32]
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 19:37 - Mar 9 with 2511 viewsBurwell_Blue

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 19:31 - Mar 9 by Freddies_Ears

Edit - when I was at school, 200 yds away, it was a basic, rough GK with Abbot at a rip-off 36p a pint.

Owned by friends of mine (who now reside in Madeira and own the Irish bar there)

One night the landlord was drinking in the bar, got up to go to the toilet, sh1t himself through drink and promptly checked himself into one of his hotel rooms out the back to sleep it off and clean himself off.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 19:38]
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 19:39 - Mar 9 with 2506 viewsbrogansnose

Pubs close to Cambridge station on 19:31 - Mar 9 by Freddies_Ears

Yeah, not all that at all but it does do a semi decent breakfast which is quite popular. Not as good as the long gone but not forgotten City Cafe.

Actually, Cambridge has quite a few decent boozers off the beaten track.
Pubs close to Cambridge station on 19:58 - Mar 9 with 2489 viewsgainsboroughblue

Currently in Devonshire. Cheers all.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024