Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is our Union Jack? 10:42 - Mar 10 with 26179 viewsPaddy39

As an ex Army vetran of 25yrs service and a season ticket holder, why have the club stopped flying the Union Jack? I have in my service served with many other nationalities who enlisted into The Royal Hampshire Regt where I served 1972 - 1997 so where is the Flag. Are there many other vets out there who feel the same way as I do. I wear my medals with pride and if you are worrying about insulting other nationalities who by the way many have served in our armed forces anyway what do you think you are doing to your own servicemen/woman. I haven't seen the Flag fly for a month now but I hope I will see it in the near future.

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

Where is our Union Jack? on 10:55 - Mar 10 with 10526 viewssolemio

I assume you have contacted the club.
Where is our Union Jack? on 10:56 - Mar 10 with 10522 viewsRegencyBlue

In all seriousness we probably need a new one and it’s fallen victim to the cost cutting!
Where is our Union Jack? on 10:58 - Mar 10 with 10515 viewsgordon

What makes you think that it will have been someone on TWTD that has decided to take this flag down to avoid insulting other nationalities?
Where is our Union Jack? on 11:24 - Mar 10 with 10435 viewsDarth_Koont

Because it's not all that relevant to our club. I'd rather they flew the club flag.

Pronouns: He/Him

Where is our Union Jack? on 11:26 - Mar 10 with 10424 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Why not ask the club why they don't fly the ENGLISH flag first and foremost. Welsh Clubs would fly the red dragon and Scots the saltire before they fly the Union Jack, would be nice to see English clubs fly the COG before the union flag.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:00 - Mar 10 with 10351 viewsazuremerlangus

Where is our Union Jack? on 11:24 - Mar 10 by Darth_Koont

Because it's not all that relevant to our club. I'd rather they flew the club flag.

I think it is relevant - we are a UK club so it is the club's national flag.

I also would like to see the George cross and the club flag flown. There are "rules"/etiquette for how/when and which flags take prominence when flown together but that doesn't bother me that much. Ultimately we are a British, English and Suffolk club so it would be nice to see all those "dusters" flown at the same time.

Until Brexit has been completed we really should fly the EU one too...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:05 - Mar 10 with 10325 viewsDarth_Koont

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:00 - Mar 10 by azuremerlangus

I also would like to see the George cross and the club flag flown. There are "rules"/etiquette for how/when and which flags take prominence when flown together but that doesn't bother me that much. Ultimately we are a British, English and Suffolk club so it would be nice to see all those "dusters" flown at the same time.

Hmmm. Personally I think our club (both players and fans) goes beyond the UK and certainly any concepts of nation.

It's pretty clearly a UK club through geography anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:32 - Mar 10 with 10281 viewsBlue_Order

I have it on good authority that a few of the handwringers amongst the support requested its removal.
Login to get fewer ads

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:34 - Mar 10 with 10280 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm at the ground now and I can see a union flag flying among other flags on the road past the practice pitch.
Where is our Union Jack? on 12:48 - Mar 10 with 10210 viewsSpruceMoose

Where is our Union Jack? on 11:26 - Mar 10 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Why not ask the club why they don't fly the ENGLISH flag first and foremost. Welsh Clubs would fly the red dragon and Scots the saltire before they fly the Union Jack, would be nice to see English clubs fly the COG before the union flag.

And the EU flag, while we still can.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:49 - Mar 10 with 10203 viewsJ2BLUE

Where is our Union Jack? on 11:24 - Mar 10 by Darth_Koont

This. Although Phil says it's there anyway.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:58 - Mar 10 with 10184 viewstcblue

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:34 - Mar 10 by PhilTWTD

I'm at the ground now and I can see a union flag flying among other flags on the road past the practice pitch.

Hold on, so someone was complaining about political correctness gone mad, when in fact it wasn't true? Yet had already constructed the narrative of bogeymen who had been offended and demanded the removal of the flag?

Well, I am shocked.
Where is our Union Jack? on 13:04 - Mar 10 with 10139 viewsvapour_trail

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:00 - Mar 10 by azuremerlangus

Ha ha, I don’t think there’s really a need for that, although it would be amusing to see the club trollling the fckwits.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:17 - Mar 10 with 10102 viewsIllinoisblue

When you contacted the club about this, what did they say?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:25 - Mar 10 with 10076 viewsBenters2

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:58 - Mar 10 by tcblue

Hold on, so someone was complaining about political correctness gone mad, when in fact it wasn't true? Yet had already constructed the narrative of bogeymen who had been offended and demanded the removal of the flag?

Well, I am shocked.

I think he meant it isnt flying on the Cobbold stand roof.

It always used to.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 13:26]
Where is our Union Jack? on 13:32 - Mar 10 with 10041 viewsJ2BLUE

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:25 - Mar 10 by Benters2

I think he meant it isnt flying on the Cobbold stand roof.

It always used to.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 13:26]

How many union flags do you need?

This is right up your street isn't it? Chance to be offended and blame foreigners.

Truly impaired.

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 10045 viewsBenters2

This thread wont go down well with the libtards on here.

Sadly they see the flag as a racist symbol,yet you want to march down PR with a ISIS flag,yeah go for it brother,its your right you wave that flag.

To think 100 years ago this year was the end of the first World war,people were fighting for that flag,it should be flown everywhere,we should be proud to see it.

Sad times.
Where is our Union Jack? on 13:35 - Mar 10 with 10019 viewsJ2BLUE

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:33 - Mar 10 by Benters2

Sadly they see the flag as a racist symbol,yet you want to march down PR with a ISIS flag,yeah go for it brother,its your right you wave that flag.

To think 100 years ago this year was the end of the first World war,people were fighting for that flag,it should be flown everywhere,we should be proud to see it.

Sad times.

What an absolute pile of sh1te.

Truly impaired.

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:36 - Mar 10 with 10001 viewsBenters2

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:32 - Mar 10 by J2BLUE

This is right up your street isn't it? Chance to be offended and blame foreigners.

I notice you down voted the opening thread,how sad!

It should be flown high and proud.

We fly it from the war memorial in Great Bentley and its often on the church,which i can see from my bedroom window.

Smashing.
Where is our Union Jack? on 13:36 - Mar 10 with 10001 viewsBlueBadger

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:32 - Mar 10 by J2BLUE

Mick wanted it taken down because he's an Irishman....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:38 - Mar 10 with 9994 viewsSporall

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:34 - Mar 10 by PhilTWTD

Thank god someone actually named it correctly for once.
Where is our Union Jack? on 13:39 - Mar 10 with 9984 viewsvapour_trail

Sad times.

Nobody has said our flag is a racist symbol except you, you massive tart, and nobody has said they don’t want it flying at our ground.

Brainless.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 9974 viewsBenters2

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:38 - Mar 10 by Sporall

Thank god someone actually named it correctly for once.

Creep
Where is our Union Jack? on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 9979 viewsbluelou

Sad times.

0/10.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Where is our Union Jack? on 13:41 - Mar 10 with 9969 viewsBlueBadger

Where is our Union Jack? on 12:32 - Mar 10 by Blue_Order

I have it on good authority that a few of the handwringers amongst the support requested its removal.

TWTD glossary part 67969769 'I have it on good authority' = 'I have just made this up'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024