Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Milne mean by "probably a change" 12:41 - Mar 11 with 8217 viewsSomethingBlue

Haven't listened to the interview so may well be missing something — but what could he mean bar a change either in the management or (far, far less likely) an alteration to the level of investment, assuming the five-year plan hasn't been binned?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 4685 viewsFtnfwest

Seems to be a change in approach overall which might or might not include the manager
What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:45 - Mar 11 with 4684 viewsSomethingBlue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:44 - Mar 11 by Ftnfwest

Seems to be a change in approach overall which might or might not include the manager

That would make most sense — but what could that be given that we've seen the (flawed or otherwise ... ) five-year plan and I don't see how there could be a lot of divergence, publicly at least, from what's in there.

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:49 - Mar 11 with 4658 viewsBrixtonBlue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:45 - Mar 11 by SomethingBlue

That would make most sense — but what could that be given that we've seen the (flawed or otherwise ... ) five-year plan and I don't see how there could be a lot of divergence, publicly at least, from what's in there.

I might be a cynical old barsteward, but I reckon it's a change in words only. They like saying stuff to placate the fans, but I can't see any real change happening.

I hope I'm wrong.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What does Milne mean by on 12:51 - Mar 11 with 4637 viewsSomethingBlue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:49 - Mar 11 by BrixtonBlue

I might be a cynical old barsteward, but I reckon it's a change in words only. They like saying stuff to placate the fans, but I can't see any real change happening.

I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe, but I'm not sure where there is to go — given the five-year plan talks about all the right things like sustainability and the academy, two things I do genuinely think our owner believes in even if our path along it is proving patchy. So I'm very interested to see what is put to us.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 12:51]

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:52 - Mar 11 with 4625 viewsBenters2

5 year plan
What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 4611 viewsJ2BLUE

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:49 - Mar 11 by BrixtonBlue

I hope I'm wrong.

Agree. I don't mean any offence to Milne but i'm not sure he fully understands the fans. He seems to overestimate the impact minor things have and think piling on more words is enough.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 4612 viewsSomethingBlue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:52 - Mar 11 by Benters2

5 year plan

Well, quite (even if we disagree on elements of its "success", no doubt) — so what's left to say?

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:56 - Mar 11 with 4595 viewsSomethingBlue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:54 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

Agree. I don't mean any offence to Milne but i'm not sure he fully understands the fans. He seems to overestimate the impact minor things have and think piling on more words is enough.

He does make quite a big point, though, of the club having listened to the fans. They must have seen those polls a few weeks ago. I was coming around to the view that Mick was staying but having seen these quotes, I wonder — although if a decision has been made it wouldn't appear to have been communicated to him yet ...

Login to get fewer ads

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:56 - Mar 11 with 4579 viewsBluefish

Ticket price drop and probably Mick to go is my guess

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:56 - Mar 11 with 4577 viewsBenters2

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:54 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

Like he says we have the fanzone and a popular music event planned,what about the friggin state of the pitch!?
What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:57 - Mar 11 with 4577 viewsFtnfwest

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:45 - Mar 11 by SomethingBlue

What Brixton said I’m afraid. The problem is although I and others have wanted a change for a while, even the most rabid ‘outers’ I suspect have no confidence in the current regime to deliver a meaningful change on the management side whenever that eventually comes. It’ll most likely be another ‘name’ who’s ‘done it before’
What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:57 - Mar 11 with 4573 viewsJ2BLUE

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:56 - Mar 11 by SomethingBlue

He does make quite a big point, though, of the club having listened to the fans. They must have seen those polls a few weeks ago. I was coming around to the view that Mick was staying but having seen these quotes, I wonder — although if a decision has been made it wouldn't appear to have been communicated to him yet ...

It's not just the polls. They have seen crowds fall dramatically. I would be stunned if MM leaves but like you say, it would show they're listening.

Truly impaired.

What does Milne mean by on 13:02 - Mar 11 with 4547 viewsBrixtonBlue

What does Milne mean by on 12:51 - Mar 11 by SomethingBlue

Maybe, but I'm not sure where there is to go — given the five-year plan talks about all the right things like sustainability and the academy, two things I do genuinely think our owner believes in even if our path along it is proving patchy. So I'm very interested to see what is put to us.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 12:51]

Yeah I'm interested too. I'm honestly thinking if it's Mick again and no other change (same lack of funds, same dull football, similar pricing) I might give up my ticket. There's just not enough fun games anymore to justify the cost. I'd still come for the pub banter, just read a book for the 2 hours the match is on.

I've defended Mick a fair bit, but days like yesterday - 3 defensive midfielders - just sucks the joy out of it. I've excused him somewhat with the midfield injuries, but he could've played Ward yesterday, or Celina in the centre, or even Nydam.

I found myself watching 3 seagulls fighting over some food on the co-op stand roof at one point.

If you're watching dreary football, with no hope/ambition to even reach the play-offs, then what's the point?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What does Milne mean by on 13:04 - Mar 11 with 4533 viewsJ2BLUE

What does Milne mean by on 13:02 - Mar 11 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah I'm interested too. I'm honestly thinking if it's Mick again and no other change (same lack of funds, same dull football, similar pricing) I might give up my ticket. There's just not enough fun games anymore to justify the cost. I'd still come for the pub banter, just read a book for the 2 hours the match is on.

I've defended Mick a fair bit, but days like yesterday - 3 defensive midfielders - just sucks the joy out of it. I've excused him somewhat with the midfield injuries, but he could've played Ward yesterday, or Celina in the centre, or even Nydam.

I found myself watching 3 seagulls fighting over some food on the co-op stand roof at one point.

If you're watching dreary football, with no hope/ambition to even reach the play-offs, then what's the point?

Truly impaired.

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 13:04 - Mar 11 with 4529 viewsBrixtonBlue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:56 - Mar 11 by SomethingBlue

At best it'll probably be the senior prices reverting back to what they were.

What does Milne mean by on 13:30 - Mar 11 with 4439 viewsIllinoisblue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 12:56 - Mar 11 by Bluefish

Ticket price drop and probably Mick to go is my guess

What are the odds on some inventive Bradford or Huddersfield style ST pricing? That and a new manager would surely help reawaken a club that’s drifting into irrelevance.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 13:31]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What does Milne mean by on 13:46 - Mar 11 with 4325 viewsBenters2

What does Milne mean by on 13:02 - Mar 11 by BrixtonBlue

Those seagulls are bloody good i will give you that.
What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 13:47 - Mar 11 with 4322 viewswkj

Probably means we're going to change by putting the union flag back on the cobbold stand

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What does Milne mean by on 13:50 - Mar 11 with 4305 viewsTractorWood

What does Milne mean by on 13:30 - Mar 11 by Illinoisblue

What are the odds on some inventive Bradford or Huddersfield style ST pricing? That and a new manager would surely help reawaken a club that’s drifting into irrelevance.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 13:31]

Zero. This is the club that think a 12 match bundle that saves £2 a game is a seismic innovation. Whatever is said, expect nothing delivered and you might be pleasantly surprised with a BOGOF voucher for the fanzone in 9 months time.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What does Milne mean by on 13:51 - Mar 11 with 4289 viewsJ2BLUE

What does Milne mean by on 13:50 - Mar 11 by TractorWood

Zero. This is the club that think a 12 match bundle that saves £2 a game is a seismic innovation. Whatever is said, expect nothing delivered and you might be pleasantly surprised with a BOGOF voucher for the fanzone in 9 months time.

A free vegan burger from TFI Vegan.

That'll get the crowds in.

Truly impaired.

What does Milne mean by on 13:52 - Mar 11 with 4285 viewswkj

What does Milne mean by on 13:51 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

A free vegan burger from TFI Vegan.

That'll get the crowds in.

It probably wont, as they will be at TFI Vegan during the match having a burger

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 13:54 - Mar 11 with 4277 viewsfactual_blue

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 13:47 - Mar 11 by wkj

Probably means we're going to change by putting the union flag back on the cobbold stand

...but upside down.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What does Milne mean by on 14:00 - Mar 11 with 4253 viewsHerbivore

I genuinely have no idea what's going to happen. I was sure Mick was going, then I was thinking he'd stay, now I really can't call it.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 14:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 14:05 - Mar 11 with 4211 viewsNo9

Since Mr Milne has been MD things have gone from bad to worse = there is almost nothing that can't be improved from the catering - stadium - playing surface etc. etc.
When he uttered the words "as long as I'm here Micks going nowhere" was the sing the decline would not be halted.
IF the owner values his investment he must act to recover it ot chuck it down the road
What does Milne mean by "probably a change" on 14:16 - Mar 11 with 4160 viewsBlueBadger

There'll be an empty statement regarding investment in the team and nothing else.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024