Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else remember going to watch Town 01:06 - Mar 12 with 1445 viewsnorth_stand77

And never thinking that we couldn't win the game? The better the opposition, the more likely we were to win.
Now tho, I expect at best a dull draw

I never get to feel that excited anticipation which used to be the norm and when I go to PR now it feels like I'm resigned to watching my team play boring, no-flair-football.

Like going on a long slow amble with no interesting scenery on the way.

COME ON EVANS, DO SOMETHING!
Anyone else remember going to watch Town on 01:28 - Mar 12 with 1424 viewsTractorWood

I just can't go to home games any more. Portman Road is so hauntingly empty, quiet and depressing. It reminds me of Wigan in the Prem, no one's interested, just waiting for us to be put out of our misery.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone else remember going to watch Town on 07:33 - Mar 12 with 1342 viewstextbackup

Whilst I know ME is a huge issue the message MM sends his players out with isn’t a positive one, it simply can’t be, the set up, the after match comments etc

I saw a few anti Celina messages over the weekend, spoke to brother in law Sunday who told me countless times he was showing for the ball but Webster went for that famous diagonal wallop. That’s coached into him, he hasn’t decided to do that, it’s direct instruction from the manager

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else remember going to watch Town on 07:46 - Mar 12 with 1326 viewspowinswitch

Anyone else remember going to watch Town on 07:33 - Mar 12 by textbackup

Whilst I know ME is a huge issue the message MM sends his players out with isn’t a positive one, it simply can’t be, the set up, the after match comments etc

I saw a few anti Celina messages over the weekend, spoke to brother in law Sunday who told me countless times he was showing for the ball but Webster went for that famous diagonal wallop. That’s coached into him, he hasn’t decided to do that, it’s direct instruction from the manager

I more or less concur. I think the message from McCarthy is ‘we don’t concede’. Keep your shape, so that if we lose the ball, we are not at risk. Not ever. Which means when Skuse burst forward on Saturday before slipping, that was a genuinely surprising event. He is instructed to hold back. Fair enough, except nobody is given free licence to support our forwards. I get it when we are away at the Villa, but no at home against Sheff U.
Anyone else remember going to watch Town on 07:51 - Mar 12 with 1316 viewsBenters2

Sad times.
Anyone else remember going to watch Town on 10:59 - Mar 12 with 1236 viewsCurrie10

Yep, under Keane and Jewell.

Under Mick, nope. Always thought we COULD win any given game on our day - be it by hoof lump bit of luck etc.

People have short memories, was far worse under the previous two.
Anyone else remember going to watch Town on 13:30 - Mar 12 with 1158 viewsArnieM

I remember leaving a game at PR when we’d beaten Brum 2-0 , and hearing the departing Brum fans singing ...” we only lost 2-0, we only lost 2-0”
In those days Town used to regularly beat teams by 3 and 4 goals. Games were exciting end to end . The atmosphere electric, and bloody loud! A far cry from what we see today. Football is sick frankly. Take the top 4/5 big ( Rich) Clubs out of the equation and the game generally is sick, greedy, and largely over coached.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024