Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same 22:57 - Mar 12 with 2155 viewsStNeotsBlue

That's the problem. We got results at Preston and Sheff Wed as the onus is on them to get at us and we're able to hit them on the break but it is never going to work at home where we need to break down the opposition. A midfield three of Skuse, Connolly & Hyam/Gleeson is not going to hurt anyone and is horribly one paced. I have no problem with any of them playing individually but as a combination it is extremely uninspiring. Why is Grant Ward on the naughty step?

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:03 - Mar 12 with 2132 viewsGuthrum

Ward is primarily used as a right winger. Thus no starting position for him in a 5-3-2 wingback system.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:12 - Mar 12 with 2104 viewsStNeotsBlue

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:03 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

Ward is primarily used as a right winger. Thus no starting position for him in a 5-3-2 wingback system.

Indeed, but recently he's put in some decent performances in the middle of the park, his preferred position.

As an aside I think he'd be better than Spence or Iorfa as a right wing back, neither of whom fill me with great confidence.
That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:18 - Mar 12 with 2089 viewsGuthrum

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:12 - Mar 12 by StNeotsBlue

Indeed, but recently he's put in some decent performances in the middle of the park, his preferred position.

As an aside I think he'd be better than Spence or Iorfa as a right wing back, neither of whom fill me with great confidence.

Not sure how good he would be defensively at WB. And he would need to be.

He might go instead of Connolly, but the latter hasn't been doing badly, either. Nobody other than non-scoring Sears and the (injured) Carayol has any pace and ability/willingness to run with the ball. That's not counting Huws, Adeyemi, Dozzell, etc., who are even more injured. Even Ward does not solve that one.

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:21 - Mar 12 with 2074 viewsEly_Blue

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:18 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

He might go instead of Connolly, but the latter hasn't been doing badly, either. Nobody other than non-scoring Sears and the (injured) Carayol has any pace and ability/willingness to run with the ball. That's not counting Huws, Adeyemi, Dozzell, etc., who are even more injured. Even Ward does not solve that one.

Not sure anyone could be worse than Spence was at WB in the 2nd half on Saturday

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:27 - Mar 12 with 2069 viewsGuthrum

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:21 - Mar 12 by Ely_Blue

Not sure anyone could be worse than Spence was at WB in the 2nd half on Saturday

Probably contributed to him being subbed.

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:31 - Mar 12 with 2063 viewsStNeotsBlue

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:18 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

I think he'd be fine, when you're playing with three centre backs your wing back should have more licence to get up the pitch.

Totally agree that things would be different with a fit Huws or Dozzell. The midfield has been MMc' Achilles heel for a lot of his tenure, with those two fit and firing on all cylinders II'd have us in the play offs this season.
That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 07:04 - Mar 13 with 1901 viewsBrixtonBlue

You've taken that quote too literally.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 08:10 - Mar 13 with 1838 viewstractorboy1978

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:31 - Mar 12 by StNeotsBlue

I think he'd be fine, when you're playing with three centre backs your wing back should have more licence to get up the pitch.

Totally agree that things would be different with a fit Huws or Dozzell. The midfield has been MMc' Achilles heel for a lot of his tenure, with those two fit and firing on all cylinders II'd have us in the play offs this season.

Would he play both in the same side? Doubtful.
Login to get fewer ads

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 09:20 - Mar 13 with 1796 viewsTIB

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 23:21 - Mar 12 by Ely_Blue

That position is one I'd like to see sorted this summer...don't get me wrong, Spence does a job but we need a natural right sided defender. I thought Iorfa would be just the man, sadly not.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

That Quote From MMc about setting up each game the same on 12:00 - Mar 13 with 1742 viewsGeoffSentence

I recall Magic having the same issue with doing well away but not so well at home. He said the same thing "I don't m is why,we play the same at home as we do away", he at least then mused on it and added"maybe that's the problem"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024