Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL Free Agency Thread 14:09 - Mar 13 with 268 viewsitfcjoe

Things appear to be hotting up now we are in the 'legal tampering' window, and as Vikes fan the QB market is the key area for me.

With Bridgewater, Bradford and Keenum all free agents it's a really intriguing position to be in.

I expect we'll get Kirk Cousins for something like $27m a year, with a load of that fully guaranteed - seems to be between us and the Jets and with him having made $44m over last 2 years you'd hope he looks for the better situation rather than every last dollar.

Sounds as though Keenum will be signing for the Broncos according to Adam Schefter, I like him but it's no great loss. Cousins is an improvement, but by how much? Numbers are good but never convinces me in the big moments.

From Vikes perspective, sounds as though Jerrick McKinnon will go, which is a shame but that's the beauty of the NFL - you can't hoard players who are talented as the roster size and salary cap make it impossible.

EDIT - Brees signs new 2 year deal so this is now irrelevant
Interestingly Drew Brees is still available and Vikes have phoned his agent. I don't for a second think he will leave NO, but I'd like to see us make him a big offer as could make him think and at worst will hit the Saints cap space. He's a different league to Cousins, fully guarantee him $30m a year for 2-3 seasons and see what happens
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 14:17]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024