Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad evening at Portman Road 23:32 - Mar 13 with 3228 viewsitfcjoe

Change is required and fast, Evans not acting is doing such damage currently.

I don’t hate Mick and never will, but this situation is benefiting no one
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 23:32]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:38 - Mar 13 with 3169 viewsGuthrum

Something needs to happen. Problem is, the change needs to be on several fronts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:42 - Mar 13 with 3114 viewsRyorry

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:38 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

Something needs to happen. Problem is, the change needs to be on several fronts.

Atmosphere and feeling from the fans wasn't this bad even under Keane & Jewel??

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:44 - Mar 13 with 3085 viewsnorth_stand77

I actually felt sorry for the players tonight. You could see that as soon as the crowd turned, they lost confidence and couldn't get rid of the ball quick enough. How can that help them while they are playing? Boo after but not during the game.

Evans is ultimately responsible for the state of the club.

MM has tried with his budget and tactics, to do his best but it hasn't worked.

This cannot continue surely, it was a horrible atmosphere in the ground tonight.
Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:45 - Mar 13 with 3070 viewsStNeotsBlue

It does feel that he has to go now. The relationship with the majority of fans has broken down. We're safe for this season so give the job to Klug, who is respected throughout the club, on a caretaker basis whilst we get someone decent in. Not confident this will occur though.
Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:45 - Mar 13 with 3064 viewsstantheman

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:42 - Mar 13 by Ryorry

Because the fans had something to aim for and cheer.

Avoiding relegation
Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:46 - Mar 13 with 3070 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep. Feel so sad about it that I don't have a lot of words tonight but everything about that - during the game and also the words after it - told me things need to change without much delay.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:48 - Mar 13 with 3035 viewspointofblue

I can't remember it being this angry under either. I think the 'anger' stage was missed entirely under Jewell and went straight to resignation.

I think the underlying issue is I doubt many of us can see a safe way out of this. There was confidence as the reigns of Keane and Jewell entered their death throes (and Magilton's tenure for that matter) that someone could come in and do a better job. Can any of us say that confidently now, even after tonight?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:48 - Mar 13 with 3031 viewstextbackup

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:46 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

Yep. Feel so sad about it that I don't have a lot of words tonight but everything about that - during the game and also the words after it - told me things need to change without much delay.

All the cards are held in the hands of Evans, I can't see anything changing until atleast July

I did however think that huddle at the end was it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:50 - Mar 13 with 3034 viewsSWGF

Evans wasn't there tonight and wasn't there on Saturday. How does he get his news/updates on Club matters? From that clown, Milne and from McCarthy.

There's your issue.

There is nobody with any footballing knowledge anywhere near the top of the Club apart from the manager. It's why Evans gives his managers too much time. He has to trust then implicitly. He has a plethora of ex-players forever around the Club but chooses not to utilise them despite them (I assume) being more than happy to assist. Milton was our only hope. He should've been the MD not that blithering waste of space, Milne.

We're a shambles.

The football has been poor for over two years. Now the crowd have simply had enough and the few who go along to watch have turned. For the first time I can remember, McCarthy was getting it from the Pioneer and Churchmans, at halftime, when he came out after halftime and at the final whistle. It's not a small, vocal minority any more.

The relationship is undeniably broken. It's irreparably broken. McCarthy sarcastically applauding the crowd as he was being booed shows that. There's no respect from either side. The longer it goes on, the more damage to the Club as a whole.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 23:53]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:52 - Mar 13 with 2986 viewsSomethingBlue

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:48 - Mar 13 by textbackup

All the cards are held in the hands of Evans, I can't see anything changing until atleast July

I did however think that huddle at the end was it

I'd left for the quickest train back to London by then (second time in 28 years, other was the Norwich 1-5). Just don't see how the current setup comes back from this now - quite beyond any arguments about in/out etc.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:53 - Mar 13 with 2974 viewstractorboy1978

Evans is the only man with the power to change the direction we are headed in. Personally I have no idea how he is planning to market season tickets. Unless he has someone lined up (that the fans want and will get behind) and is going to get rid of MM before announcing season ticket information he is going to get nobody on side. I still think he underestimates the importance of who is in charge next season as a factor - saying Mick is staying would be curtains for a lot of people but saying he is leaving without any indication who will be appointed isn't going to be any better.
Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:53 - Mar 13 with 2972 viewsGarv

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:48 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

I can't remember it being this angry under either. I think the 'anger' stage was missed entirely under Jewell and went straight to resignation.

I think the underlying issue is I doubt many of us can see a safe way out of this. There was confidence as the reigns of Keane and Jewell entered their death throes (and Magilton's tenure for that matter) that someone could come in and do a better job. Can any of us say that confidently now, even after tonight?

I'd liken tonight to Jewell's Derby loss, I remember angry feelings that night and it definitely felt like the end.

Keane I think everyone was just too bored to care.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:55 - Mar 13 with 2932 viewstextbackup

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:52 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

I'd left for the quickest train back to London by then (second time in 28 years, other was the Norwich 1-5). Just don't see how the current setup comes back from this now - quite beyond any arguments about in/out etc.

I think Sw's post above yours sums it up perfectly.

Very sad times at this club

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:55 - Mar 13 with 2919 viewsGuthrum

I think with those, the end came fairly quick. Just a few months of serious decline, then gone.

This slow souring of the relationship between McCarthy and the fans has been grinding on since 2015. Compounded by the frustrations and disappointments of the seasons before he arrived in 2012.

Had McCarthy followed directly on from Magilton, the anger would have been nowhere near as deep.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sad evening at Portman Road on 00:02 - Mar 14 with 2842 viewsHennikerBlu

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:46 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

Summed up beautifully...I am knackered tonight emotionally with everything at the game.
Sad evening at Portman Road on 01:11 - Mar 14 with 2657 viewsRyorry

Sad evening at Portman Road on 23:50 - Mar 13 by SWGF

Evans wasn't there tonight and wasn't there on Saturday. How does he get his news/updates on Club matters? From that clown, Milne and from McCarthy.

There's your issue.

There is nobody with any footballing knowledge anywhere near the top of the Club apart from the manager. It's why Evans gives his managers too much time. He has to trust then implicitly. He has a plethora of ex-players forever around the Club but chooses not to utilise them despite them (I assume) being more than happy to assist. Milton was our only hope. He should've been the MD not that blithering waste of space, Milne.

We're a shambles.

The football has been poor for over two years. Now the crowd have simply had enough and the few who go along to watch have turned. For the first time I can remember, McCarthy was getting it from the Pioneer and Churchmans, at halftime, when he came out after halftime and at the final whistle. It's not a small, vocal minority any more.

The relationship is undeniably broken. It's irreparably broken. McCarthy sarcastically applauding the crowd as he was being booed shows that. There's no respect from either side. The longer it goes on, the more damage to the Club as a whole.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 23:53]

Well summed up. Sounds very much like point of no return tonight. I feel very sorrry for both the players & the fans who went. Town atm sound like a beaten boxer who the referee is keeping out in the ring rather cruelly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sad evening at Portman Road on 03:30 - Mar 14 with 2504 viewsharlingblue

Very sad evening, strange team selection, looked there to be easily beaten, and it was.
Ipswich has always been a homely club, always punched above their weight, even in the Ramsey, Robson, and even Burley days, but the club owners during those days were always very close to the fan base, this is not the case now.
ME needs to show and endear himself to supporters, the older that have been lucky enough to have savoured club success in the past, and the younger, that have not even had a decent cup run, let alone success in the league.
MM has worked miracles on peanuts for so many years, even he has now cracked, can't pick a team to come out of it's shell in home games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024