Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? 08:06 - Mar 14 with 2799 viewsReuser_is_God

If he had anything about him he’d ring MM this morning & offer him the chance to hand in his resignation & if he doesn’t then sack him?

It’s only going to get worse between now & May, possibly beyond that depending on what happens.

Evans really needs to do something.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 8:07]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:08 - Mar 14 with 2761 viewsDanTheMan

That atmosphere can't continue at PR.

Getting to the point you're ironically cheering passes is just sad. Other times just silence.

MM needs to go, although I have no idea who we would replace him with at this point that would actually end successfully without large changes in the club structure.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:09 - Mar 14 with 2751 viewsBenters2

I wouldnt put it past him to offer MM another 2 seasons and whack the season ticket prices up !
Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:10 - Mar 14 with 2743 viewsReuser_is_God

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:08 - Mar 14 by DanTheMan

That atmosphere can't continue at PR.

Getting to the point you're ironically cheering passes is just sad. Other times just silence.

MM needs to go, although I have no idea who we would replace him with at this point that would actually end successfully without large changes in the club structure.

I can’t comment on last nights atmosphere, although most who were at the game have said it was largely supportive of the players, but on Saturday there was be negativity at all.

I’ve no clue what we’d do in the interim if we weee to get rid of MM this week, maybe Nash until end of season?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 8:11]

Evans out

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:11 - Mar 14 with 2733 viewsgainsboroughblue

What p!sses me off in all of this, is that MM seemingly is in control of the decision making.

"I'm not going anywhere"
"I'll decide when I go".

Erm. No.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:13 - Mar 14 with 2714 viewsReuser_is_God

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:11 - Mar 14 by gainsboroughblue

What p!sses me off in all of this, is that MM seemingly is in control of the decision making.

"I'm not going anywhere"
"I'll decide when I go".

Erm. No.

It’s very much an Arsenal situation we find ourselves in in that regard.

I’ve never known an ITFC manager who has had himself as much as Mick has.

Evans out

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:14 - Mar 14 with 2700 viewsDanTheMan

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:10 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

I can’t comment on last nights atmosphere, although most who were at the game have said it was largely supportive of the players, but on Saturday there was be negativity at all.

I’ve no clue what we’d do in the interim if we weee to get rid of MM this week, maybe Nash until end of season?

I'd have thought they'd have just stuck with TC for the time being, not that it'd be any different but at least some fans might breathe a sigh of relief I guess.

I wasn't there but on the radio you could hear the crowd, it wasn't that supportive, especially once the goals started flowing. I don't blame them either, 3 conceded at home and not seen a goal in 5 games? Yeah, I'd be pretty f*cked off with it all as well.

I'm still on the director of football bandwagon, probably not going to happen.

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:16 - Mar 14 with 2677 viewsReuser_is_God

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:14 - Mar 14 by DanTheMan

I'd have thought they'd have just stuck with TC for the time being, not that it'd be any different but at least some fans might breathe a sigh of relief I guess.

I wasn't there but on the radio you could hear the crowd, it wasn't that supportive, especially once the goals started flowing. I don't blame them either, 3 conceded at home and not seen a goal in 5 games? Yeah, I'd be pretty f*cked off with it all as well.

I’ve just watched the goals - no wondered there was mass booing after that second goal, feck me.

I’m very much in David of that route aswell but like you I just do t see it happening.

Evans out

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:18 - Mar 14 with 2662 viewsSteve_M

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:10 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

It was quite negative at times in the first half and despite claims to the contrary Nydam definitely copped some of it. More apathetic in the second.

What we'll get is another half-arsed statement from Milne that just pisses everyone off even more.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:19 - Mar 14 with 2650 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'Evans really needs to do something'.

It's been said hundreds of times and nothing is getting done. And nothing will as he doesn't care.
Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:21 - Mar 14 with 2640 viewsReuser_is_God

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:18 - Mar 14 by Steve_M

It was quite negative at times in the first half and despite claims to the contrary Nydam definitely copped some of it. More apathetic in the second.

What we'll get is another half-arsed statement from Milne that just pisses everyone off even more.

Surprised by that, thought Nydam was well liked.

I thought putting Morris on in that environment was out of order, similar to when Jim bought Wickham in similar circumstances against Doncaster.

I don’t think there will be anything, just a frosty press conference from Mick tomorrow.

Evans out

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:22 - Mar 14 with 2635 viewsRadlett_blue

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:14 - Mar 14 by DanTheMan

TC has been Mick's #2 for years & while he did agree to become caretaker at Wolves (with disastrous results), I'm not sure he'd do it again.
I guess Evans is somewhat dispassionate about Town so therefore he doesn't see a desperate need to do anything. It's not as if relegation is at all possible this season. What would be his benefit from firing Mick & putting a caretaker in charge? I doubt that would do anything to motivate the players in what will be a pretty turgid last 9 games of the season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:23 - Mar 14 with 2622 viewsDanTheMan

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:22 - Mar 14 by Radlett_blue

TC has been Mick's #2 for years & while he did agree to become caretaker at Wolves (with disastrous results), I'm not sure he'd do it again.
I guess Evans is somewhat dispassionate about Town so therefore he doesn't see a desperate need to do anything. It's not as if relegation is at all possible this season. What would be his benefit from firing Mick & putting a caretaker in charge? I doubt that would do anything to motivate the players in what will be a pretty turgid last 9 games of the season.

The benefit I can see about sacking him now, even when sticking some caretaker in charge from the club, is that it gets the fans back on side a bit. Even if just a little.

The longer that goes on like last night, the more long term fans will just get out of the routine, and we really can't afford to lose loads of fans.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 8:27]

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:25 - Mar 14 with 2610 viewsKieran_Knows

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:23 - Mar 14 by DanTheMan

The benefit I can see about sacking him now, even when sticking some caretaker in charge from the club, is that it gets the fans back on side a bit. Even if just a little.

The longer that goes on like last night, the more long term fans will just get out of the routine, and we really can't afford to lose loads of fans.

Agree with your first part. I presume if we was looking 'in house' for a caretaker, it would be Nash, Lee or Klug?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:27 - Mar 14 with 2596 viewsRadlett_blue

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:23 - Mar 14 by DanTheMan

I don't think it is actually a big problem, although if Mick is still in charge next season it will be. With season ticket renewals going out, there will need to be some clarity as to this & even Evans will see this.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:29 - Mar 14 with 2584 viewsDanTheMan

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:27 - Mar 14 by Radlett_blue

I don't think it is actually a big problem, although if Mick is still in charge next season it will be. With season ticket renewals going out, there will need to be some clarity as to this & even Evans will see this.

Yeah, if he's not going now, they should say they aren't renewing his contract.

Basically anything at this point, some clue as to where the hell we are going.

I understand Evans concerns for privacy, but he can't just hide from fans. He shouldn't have bought a football club if he was that worried about it all.

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:33 - Mar 14 with 2552 viewsSteve_M

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:21 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

Surprised by that, thought Nydam was well liked.

I thought putting Morris on in that environment was out of order, similar to when Jim bought Wickham in similar circumstances against Doncaster.

I don’t think there will be anything, just a frosty press conference from Mick tomorrow.

He gave the ball away and they nearly scored so it was more frustration but you know what it's like when our crowd are angsty: there's no game awareness. For example Jonas cleared the ball under pressure and people moan at him for hoofing then someone takes an extra touch in a bad area and they moan for that.

Disagree on Morris, by that point in the game the crowd weren't really negative and he was well supported. I think he'll have just enjoyed playing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:33 - Mar 14 with 2546 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This.

I hope our fans start to turn the anger towards Evans. He needs to act.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:43 - Mar 14 with 2505 viewsbontcho

You make the assumption Evans cares about the fans. I’ve not seen much evidence to back up that assumption. He did some decent PR last summer to repair a small amount of the harm he’d caused but since about November it’s gone backwards and drifted.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:55 - Mar 14 with 2454 viewsBloomBlue

Although you could argue by him doing what he wants and ignoring the masses he's showing a backbone
Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 09:04 - Mar 14 with 2411 viewsReuser_is_God

Time for Evans to finally show some backbone as an owner? on 08:33 - Mar 14 by Steve_M

He gave the ball away and they nearly scored so it was more frustration but you know what it's like when our crowd are angsty: there's no game awareness. For example Jonas cleared the ball under pressure and people moan at him for hoofing then someone takes an extra touch in a bad area and they moan for that.

Disagree on Morris, by that point in the game the crowd weren't really negative and he was well supported. I think he'll have just enjoyed playing.

That’s fair re Morris.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024