Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... 09:17 - Mar 14 with 4114 viewsitfcjoe

....and that performance was the rubber stamp on it.

No goals in 4 games and we started a team with no goalscorers in it. It's fine margins because Spence hit the post and then Ward could've equalised seconds before their 2nd goal - but the game played out as it looked as though it would when you saw the line up.

It took the p155, and whilst I like Mick and think he is a good bloke - it got the reaction it deserved from the crowd in the game even if I didn't partake.

Mick is loyal to a fault - to his players and to his boss and this has made him a lightning rod for all the abuse. He doesn't deserve that, but that isn't going to change. People hate him, irrationally so, but we are where we are.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:21 - Mar 14 with 4084 viewsimsureazzure

I would take Mowbray as a replacement in a heartbeat, don't think we will get him though, he will be loyal to what he has started at Blackburn.
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:25 - Mar 14 with 4054 viewshoppy

Spot on Joe, sums it up for me too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:26 - Mar 14 with 4048 viewsReuser_is_God

As I’ve said already this morning, Evans should speak to Mick & ask him to offer his resignation & if Mick doesn’t oblige then sack him. It would, short term, be bit of a ceasefire.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:29 - Mar 14 with 4035 viewsKieran_Knows

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:21 - Mar 14 by imsureazzure

I would take Mowbray as a replacement in a heartbeat, don't think we will get him though, he will be loyal to what he has started at Blackburn.

Agree about Mowbray, I certainly think he'd get the fans back on-side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:35 - Mar 14 with 4012 viewsGuthrum

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:29 - Mar 14 by Kieran_Knows

Mowbray would get the fans back on-side initially. But I really don't think he would be able to get us performing that much better in the long term. I'd hate to see things turn sour after 18 months when we are still doggedly mid-table.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:35 - Mar 14 with 4005 viewstcblue

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:29 - Mar 14 by Kieran_Knows

Hasn't he turned us down twice?
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:28 - Mar 14 with 3927 viewshoppy

I don't think that automatically makes him a better choice than Mick staying, to be honest. He wouldn't be my choice.

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:34 - Mar 14 with 3906 viewsITFCBlues

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:35 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

Mowbray would get the fans back on-side initially. But I really don't think he would be able to get us performing that much better in the long term. I'd hate to see things turn sour after 18 months when we are still doggedly mid-table.

This is really the problem isn’t it. Fans dreaming of a promotion season on a shoe string budget. There is a significant chance that whoever comes in, we will be mid-table again

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:37 - Mar 14 with 3889 viewsKieran_Knows

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:28 - Mar 14 by hoppy

I don't think that automatically makes him a better choice than Mick staying, to be honest. He wouldn't be my choice.

I agree he wouldn't be my first choice to replace Mick either (Nathan Jones of Luton for me), but as I say, whether or not it makes him a better choice than Mick, he knows the club, and I feel people would get on board again because of his previous connections.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 3880 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:34 - Mar 14 by ITFCBlues

This is really the problem isn’t it. Fans dreaming of a promotion season on a shoe string budget. There is a significant chance that whoever comes in, we will be mid-table again

But I suppose the argument would be.. Would we accept being a mid table side like this season's Brentford?

Because although there is only a single point between us, the style and entertainment involved in watching both sides is very different.
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 3878 viewsNazemariner

Utter madness!

I can understand why he made the changes, with the games coming thick and fast, but to change the system when the only positive recently has been the form of the back three was crazy.

The truth of the matter is that he can only choose from the players he has available.
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:41 - Mar 14 with 3863 viewsTractorJack

Yes Waghorn should have started but isn't it more a lack of squad depth given we had 2 strikers out injured?
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 3858 viewsSuperfrans

I wasn't there, but it looked a strange line-up to me too.

That said, with Skuse injured, Garner also not 100%, he didn't have loads of choice.

From his presser yesterday, he clearly doesn't have an immediate answer to the lack of goals. Giving Celina a go with Sears was obv last night's plan, and bringing Waghorn on later in the game.

Of course, going 2-0 down in the first half wasn't in the plan and McCarthy could have been forgiven for expecting us to remain fairly solid at the back, given recent matches.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 3834 viewsReuser_is_God

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:43 - Mar 14 by Superfrans

That said, with Skuse injured, Garner also not 100%, he didn't have loads of choice.

From his presser yesterday, he clearly doesn't have an immediate answer to the lack of goals. Giving Celina a go with Sears was obv last night's plan, and bringing Waghorn on later in the game.

Of course, going 2-0 down in the first half wasn't in the plan and McCarthy could have been forgiven for expecting us to remain fairly solid at the back, given recent matches.

Odd that he changed from the back 3 which had been the best thing about our team since we started to use it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:49 - Mar 14 with 3822 viewshoppy

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:43 - Mar 14 by Superfrans

"McCarthy could have been forgiven for expecting us to remain fairly solid at the back, given recent matches."

In one sense, yes, but then to change the system at the back that had provided that expectation maybe is less forgiveable, don't you think?

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 11:01 - Mar 14 with 3785 viewsGuthrum

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:47 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

Odd that he changed from the back 3 which had been the best thing about our team since we started to use it.

Needed another slot to put in an extra attacker, while continuing to pack the midfield.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 11:04 - Mar 14 with 3767 viewschicoazul

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 09:21 - Mar 14 by imsureazzure

I reckon he would come here. Money talks and it would probably double his salary and Blackburn are even more of a basket case than us.
I'd like Darrell Clarke, Mowbray, or Nigel Pearson.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 11:07 - Mar 14 with 3751 viewsimsureazzure

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 11:04 - Mar 14 by chicoazul

I reckon he would come here. Money talks and it would probably double his salary and Blackburn are even more of a basket case than us.

I would like to think you are right, don't know enough about Clarke, Pearson or Mowbray would be decent.
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 12:17 - Mar 14 with 3682 viewsSuperfrans

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 11:04 - Mar 14 by chicoazul

Of all the names mentioned, Mowbray is the obvious candidate who would unite the fans. I didn't think he would leave Blackburn, given they are top of the table and on course for promotion.

The wrinkle is that he wouldn't leave now, not in the middle of a promotion campaign, and may be in the play-offs which don't conclude until the end of May. Can we leave it that long?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 14:06 - Mar 14 with 3587 viewsitfcjoe

As much as the fans think the club is going to the dogs and a shambles from top to bottom, it really isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things - it is still an attractive job.

You will get given time, there is a well funded and well respected academy, a decent squad in place, a decent fanbase and an owner who won't interfere - yes the budget is low but it's stable and consistent.

Compare that to Blackburn in Mogga's example - they have the Venkys. They are top of the league by a few points and averaging 11k fans, they will have a smaller budget compared to us when they come up next year and a squad will need to be built for the league above which isn't easy.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 17:16 - Mar 14 with 3503 viewsArnieM

Was speaking to Mogga’s father-in -law a couple of weeks ago, and he told me Town are VERY interested in bringing him back to PR. But Mogadishu and his family remain based in the NE, and his children are at that age where schooling and changing schools might be a problem.

Mogga does however play an attacking brand of Football which would sit well with Town fans. The next issue discussed was the owner and his funding levels. .......”This might not be the right time to return to PR” was his the final words to me.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 19:05 - Mar 14 with 3418 viewsVaughan8

I don't hate Mick and nor do I think he has done a too bad job, but he doesn't help himself with the fans/club and seems very stubborn. The fact he says we played well when clearly we didn't, he must think we are thick.

This us vs the fans thing cannot go on any longer. The football is dire and I think people have had enough. I have to say we are boring to watch and apologise to people who have to watch us sometimes!

For me, the Lincoln scandal was the beginning of the end.

I have only watched a handful of games over the last few years and it usually isn't worth the time and energy going, though I did enjoy the forest game this season (but I think that was partly down to how poor forests defence was!)

We need to freshen it up a bit, and the easiest thing is to change the manager. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I can see some of Micks loyal players leaving if he leaves. Just hope Bart stays!
When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 23:01 - Mar 14 with 3329 viewspointofblue

When I saw that team sheet last night it read like a resignation letter.... on 10:47 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

Considering the post Sheffield United criticism I'm not surprised he went with a 4-2-3-1 but as soon as we lost Skuse to injury he should hav switched to a back three to solidify us at the back, dropping Nydam to the bench and bringing in Webster.

Of course the absence of Connolly and Waghorn is another matter altogether.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024