Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is presumably no way back after that 10:03 - Mar 14 with 2002 viewsSomethingBlue

One of the most depressing nights I've experienced at FPR, all things considered. It's all been said by others really. While there was a bit of unrest at times — and yelling "hoof" at Nydam just isn't on, by the way, fools — it was generally another game of near-silence and sitting out time, all while watching an XI that tried hard as usual but would get relegated if selected every week.

Mick clearly has not "lost the dressing room" or anything like that, which might tell us all something when we think about it, but it's time to put this to an end because there isn't any coming back now. While I understood what he meant by the huddle at the end the explanation wasn't helpful: it just underlines, in fact hardens, existing divisions and there is now no scope to improve that before the end of the season because there's nothing we can challenge for. Obviously things fluctuate by the week these days, and recently I've reverted to a position on the fence re what I think will happen with Mick — but at the moment I can't see beyond the announcement of his departure during the international break.

In the meantime I hope he does a number on Bristol City, who have been a little too pleased with themselves all season and will be nervous at the moment. And, far more importantly, I also hope we hear from our owner — because that is where the real problem is and where the most intense focus needs to be trained.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:35 - Mar 14 with 1893 viewsKev_W

Yes, last night was grim. It felt like the end. Not quite the chaos of the end of the Jewell era.

It does need Evans, directly or via the moderately hapless Milne, to set out what is happening beyond this season and over the next few weeks. Done sensibly, it could enable a transition, allow Mick and the club to part amicably and improve the atmosphere.

Mick is a decent bloke who lifted a poor team away from relegation and initially improved the team on a limited budget. Beyond that, he hasn't had a budget to do much, his transfer dealings have been reasonable but he has not demonstrated he is any longer capable of crafting a side that can do well in the Championship. The MM era may neither be remembered as a success nor failure. I suspect it may prove a prelude to something much less traditional as Evans will surely sell.
There is presumably no way back after that on 11:37 - Mar 14 with 1879 viewsDanTheMan

Spot on.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:42 - Mar 14 with 1848 viewsJakeITFC

I came downstairs for the second half to stand with my mate in the Lower North (I think I may well have been next to Steve) and the atmosphere was just awful.

Far too many taking joy in this situation when it is nothing but terribly sad.
There is presumably no way back after that on 11:43 - Mar 14 with 1842 viewsPinewoodblue

Agree but wonder if the unity of the huddle continued once in the dressing room. Surely someone spoke out or are the players starting to believe they need to be replaced by better players?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:45 - Mar 14 with 1829 viewsReuser_is_God

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:42 - Mar 14 by JakeITFC

I came downstairs for the second half to stand with my mate in the Lower North (I think I may well have been next to Steve) and the atmosphere was just awful.

I find it hard to believe that anyone there last night would have taken joy in the situation.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:48 - Mar 14 with 1819 viewschicoazul

Hard to know what he was trying to prove by getting them to stay on the pitch at the end other than to show he has the backing of the players and staff which in turn was probably a message intended for Milne and Evans rather than us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:52 - Mar 14 with 1802 viewsSteve_M

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:42 - Mar 14 by JakeITFC

Ah, now you mention it.... That saved me from being the only one in that row for about 20 seats too.

There were definitely a few nearby going a bit over the top at times.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:54 - Mar 14 with 1786 viewswkj

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:45 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

I find it hard to believe that anyone there last night would have taken joy in the situation.

Please, there are a group of fans practically creaming their jeans when we get tonked and they think it means MM will be gone.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

There is presumably no way back after that on 12:00 - Mar 14 with 1751 viewsReuser_is_God

There is presumably no way back after that on 11:54 - Mar 14 by wkj

Please, there are a group of fans practically creaming their jeans when we get tonked and they think it means MM will be gone.

Yeah, everyone is delighted we got dicked 3-0 at home.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

There is presumably no way back after that on 12:03 - Mar 14 with 1741 viewswkj

There is presumably no way back after that on 12:00 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, everyone is delighted we got dicked 3-0 at home.

Didn't say everyone, (edit:) and either did you- you said anyone, (/e)

but there are plenty around who do
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 12:04]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

There is presumably no way back after that on 12:19 - Mar 14 with 1674 viewsCuffy81

There is presumably no way back after that on 12:03 - Mar 14 by wkj

Didn't say everyone, (edit:) and either did you- you said anyone, (/e)

but there are plenty around who do
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 12:04]

I think you pretty much nailed it.

Such a sad night, ultimately predictable unfortunately. How has it come to this?

Those cheering the passes in the second half should look at themselves, its helped no-one.

Vent your anger at MM if you choose but just to sarcastically cheer pass after pass was a whole new low .

The "huddle" was uncalled for and just Mick's way of driving another wedge between the fans and the players, he's in proper hardcore siege mentality now and needs to be removed before it gets even worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024