Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are Town fans so unorganised? 12:20 - Mar 14 with 991 viewsIpswichTownNL

Looking at the whole Mick situation from 'across the pond' I really wonder how it’s possible that Town fans seem to have so little influence on the club. How is a manager that realistically 70% of the fans want gone still in charge?

Last week Willem II fans in the Netherlands wanted their trainer of be released immediately. On Monday. On Wednesday he was gone. All five supporters collectives signed a statement and threatened to boycott the Friday game for the first 15 minutes. On Friday FC Twente lost a relegation battle and their manager sat in a TV show on Saturday for 5 hours. Fans told the club that was unaccepted and within 24 hours a statement was released no employees would appear on TV until the season was over.

How come the North Stand — for example — doesn’t have its own supporters platform? How hard can it be to show Mick / Evans that you are not a small minority. Hand out freaking £ 0.01 handkerchiefs at every gate and tell people to hold them up in minute X if you want Mick out.

This whole situation seem ridicule to me. ‘Everyone’ seems to want Mick to go but no one does anything except tweet about it or make the occasional stamp size banner. I’m not saying you should use violence but it’s okay the make your presence known at times. How long do you think Mick will be in charge if the group that gathers in front of Mannings on derby day walks up to Evans his box and tell him this where we draw the line. No more.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

How are Town fans so unorganised? on 12:30 - Mar 14 with 955 viewsnoggin

The fans have all but given up. They no longer have the hope or desire to fight for their club. The soul has been ripped from within Portman Rd.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How are Town fans so unorganised? on 12:49 - Mar 14 with 904 viewsGuthrum

There is no leverage. Owners have little need to listen to the fans.

A massed, long-term boycott will have an effect. But it is also quite capable of seiously damaging the club (administration, fire-sale of players, points deductions, relegation).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024