Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have a quick show of hands... 12:23 - Mar 14 with 3526 viewsSpruceMoose

...for anyone who thinks MM should get his contract extension.

I'd just like to know if there's anyone left, or whether I can legitimately claim to have been the last one to turn.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:24 - Mar 14 with 2890 viewshype313

I was happy for him to stay until the end of the season, but think that's a stretch now, he should go, nothing good can come from him staying now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:25 - Mar 14 with 2882 viewsKieran_Knows

I think you may well be the last.

I certainly won't go all abusive on him, but his time is up (it was last summer to be fair). I think it's best if all parties move on, ASAP.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:25 - Mar 14 with 2882 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:24 - Mar 14 by hype313

I was happy for him to stay until the end of the season, but think that's a stretch now, he should go, nothing good can come from him staying now.

I came to this decision at around the 46th minute yesterday. How about you?

I can't see a way for this to be turned round now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 2860 viewswkj

I too am happy if he stays for the season, but that shortlist for his replacement should also start being finalised now, and phone calls made so if there is to be a successor they will have all summer to get going.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:31 - Mar 14 with 2844 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:28 - Mar 14 by wkj

I too am happy if he stays for the season, but that shortlist for his replacement should also start being finalised now, and phone calls made so if there is to be a successor they will have all summer to get going.

I still think it's best for us to keep Mick until the end of the season, and make sure we appoint his replacement well. However, if there haven't been multiple options explored for this scenario, and we are only now going to be on the hunt for a manger, then we are more fooked than I feared.

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:38 - Mar 14 with 2832 viewshomer_123

My view hasn't changed.

Unless Evans is going to materially change his approach, changing the manager is likely to have only a very short term effect (we can argue whether that will be a positive effect or not).

If he isn't going to change the approach then I am struggling to think who better to manage us with the resources we have than Mick. If you flip it and if Mick wasn't our manager and we were in the current situation we are and needed a new manager - who would be unhappy with Mick being appointed right now? A few but most of us would see it as a decent appointment.

Saying that - it's clear we are at a low ebb in terms of relationship between Club/ Manager and Supporters, so a change in manager is likely needed. However, I stand by the fact that unless Evans has a change in approach or we have a new owner, it's likely to be more of the same but with a different manager.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 12:43]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:40 - Mar 14 with 2823 viewsGuthrum

I'm still half in favour of seeng how he'd do next season, hoping that more of the players stay fit. Think we could do well.

However, even I have to face the fact that things may be getting too broken for that to be a reasonable suggestion.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:46 - Mar 14 with 2789 viewsBlueNomad

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:40 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

I'm still half in favour of seeng how he'd do next season, hoping that more of the players stay fit. Think we could do well.

However, even I have to face the fact that things may be getting too broken for that to be a reasonable suggestion.

I think it was a reasonable suggestion but no longer. There is no relationship now.
Login to get fewer ads

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:48 - Mar 14 with 2775 viewssotd78

I'd like to know the Evans investment plan - and then if decent I'd say he should stay.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:49 - Mar 14 with 2768 viewshype313

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:25 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

I came to this decision at around the 46th minute yesterday. How about you?

I can't see a way for this to be turned round now.

Probably around the same time to be honest.

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:50 - Mar 14 with 2763 viewsJeff_winger

On Phils recent poll , I voted for MM to be given new contract, I felt we wouldn't get better manager (result wise).

I am now 100% MM has to go, he has made his position untenable by acting a complete t**t all week.

I can't see how he can see out this season now, he has created a toxic atmosphere by winding up the fans and media (which in turn has wound fans up even more).

I now believe any change will be positive even if it means a lower league position.

Who knows maybe will get a lucky roll of the dice and pull a rabbit out the hat with an unexpected manager that does well.

Also think Phil should re do hi spoll now, be interesting the change in result now, there must be a swing to MM out I would think about 90% of fans want him out now?
Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:50 - Mar 14 with 2764 viewshomer_123

Similar view Guthers. Our injuries this year have clouded this season and it would have been interesting to see how we would have got on with a fit squad.

It may, sadly, be too late now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:51 - Mar 14 with 2761 viewsGuthrum

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:31 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

I still think it's best for us to keep Mick until the end of the season, and make sure we appoint his replacement well. However, if there haven't been multiple options explored for this scenario, and we are only now going to be on the hunt for a manger, then we are more fooked than I feared.

To be honest, McCarthy is almost certainly better than any caretaker manager we could appoint.

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:54 - Mar 14 with 2739 viewswitchdoctor

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:50 - Mar 14 by Jeff_winger

On Phils recent poll , I voted for MM to be given new contract, I felt we wouldn't get better manager (result wise).

I am now 100% MM has to go, he has made his position untenable by acting a complete t**t all week.

I can't see how he can see out this season now, he has created a toxic atmosphere by winding up the fans and media (which in turn has wound fans up even more).

I now believe any change will be positive even if it means a lower league position.

Who knows maybe will get a lucky roll of the dice and pull a rabbit out the hat with an unexpected manager that does well.

Also think Phil should re do hi spoll now, be interesting the change in result now, there must be a swing to MM out I would think about 90% of fans want him out now?

no need to re do poll...you can go to it and change your vote.
Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:56 - Mar 14 with 2737 viewsDarth_Koont

Something needs to change.

I fear we'll just change the manager, which may of course work by turning the mood around and/or bringing in new football ideas that can make us challengers for the top 6. But if Mick has actually been doing an above average job with the resources available then a change in manager will more likely lead to us challenging at the wrong end. Then we'll reach a new level of dissatisfaction with the club even if the new manager and the players are this time only caught in the cross-fire.

Changing the manager and not looking at the overall finances and set-up might just be putting a plaster over a gaping wound but with gangrene is starting to set in, and we end up hospitalized in League One.

On the other hand I don't think a contract extension for Mick without new funds and the tacit admission by Evans that Mick's been working with one arm tied behind his back will work. It's gone too far now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:58 - Mar 14 with 2728 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

Give him a chance next season

Holy-$hit you must have:

a) an extremely high pain threshold
b) you're sarcasm is of the very obscure brand
c) a fully paid up member of the "be careful what you wish for" brigade, in other words scared of change.
d) all of the above

I find it hard to comprehend why anyone could even think it, let alone write it down for all to see

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:06 - Mar 14 with 2697 viewsBenters2

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:28 - Mar 14 by wkj

He should go now,bed the new manager in ready for next season.
Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:08 - Mar 14 with 2689 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:06 - Mar 14 by Benters2

He should go now,bed the new manager in ready for next season.

This rather assumes we have done our homework on who we want in, which we should have done, but with Milne and ME at the helm how confident are you that they have done!?

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:08 - Mar 14 with 2682 viewsBluebell

I hate to say it but I agree.

My problem is who would do as well with the same funds and same players?

I do fear that Mick has gone as far as he can with the fans and with the toxic atmosphere at games. The players are struggling when they have insults thrown at them all the time.

It will be interesting to see how we do at Bristol City. The away fans are always more positive.

As people have said - be careful what you wish for.
Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:08 - Mar 14 with 2681 viewshype313

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:08 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

This rather assumes we have done our homework on who we want in, which we should have done, but with Milne and ME at the helm how confident are you that they have done!?

Very doubtful, in fact I genuinely think Evans's plan was for Mick to stay.

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:15 - Mar 14 with 2658 viewsBenters2

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:58 - Mar 14 by delias_cheesy_flaps

Holy-$hit you must have:

c) a fully paid up member of the "be careful what you wish for" brigade, in other words scared of change.
d) all of the above

I find it hard to comprehend why anyone could even think it, let alone write it down for all to see

This.
Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:19 - Mar 14 with 2640 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:08 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

Milne is an utter cock who's so far out of his depth that nobody takes what he says as either credible or considered.
As for our illustrious owner it wouldn't surprise me if he's actually some millionaire budgie with a real twisted sense of humour hanging us out to dry for as long as humanly possible!

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:19 - Mar 14 with 2639 viewsBenters2

Look Guthy you are a very nice bloke im sure of it,but sometimes in life you have to take a gamble,we cant keep trudging about like this.
Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:23 - Mar 14 with 2629 viewsSteve_M

Before last Saturday I would have been ok with MM staying on, it wouldn't have been my preference but it might have been ok. After this week, it's clearly irretrievable.

I like the man though, I think he's a good manager and has done a good job for us overall. He's also had to hold the club together because of the absence of leadership from Evans. Yes, he has his faults and those become more glaring over time but that goes for any manager.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 13:27 - Mar 14 with 2613 viewsGuthrum

Can we have a quick show of hands... on 12:58 - Mar 14 by delias_cheesy_flaps

Holy-$hit you must have:

d) all of the above

I'm not scared of change, just concerned about the outcome of that change (given previous track record) and the other, important things which will not change if all we do is sack the manager.

It's not like McCarthy has never produced excitement and wins. Heck, it was only a week or so ago that everyone was enthused about Carayol - until he broke down.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024