Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going forward 12:51 - Mar 14 with 1231 viewscooper442

I'm seriously concerned about the long term damage that the present set-up is doing to the club,the impression i get on here is that, if we get a new manager and the style of play improves the fans will start to return.
Once people have found other things to do on a Saturday, it's not as easy to just say ,ok forget that lets start going to the football again .
It breaks my heart when i ask my kids "who wants to go the football?" and they reply "no thanks dad" .

Going forward on 10:30 - Mar 15 with 1188 viewsCurrie10

Clear as day, even if Ronald McDonald was incharge, a lot of people short-term will come back and support the town / give $$$ / attend games.

I'd imagine the first game of next season, hopefully with a club with a big away fan base could be 24 / 25 k or so as a new era etc. Season ticket sales would be up, the casual fan much more likely to return.

Until the 10 / 12 game mark that is. If results start to falter, people will quickly lose interest I would say.

Time will tell. Mick's surely off.
Going forward on 10:48 - Mar 15 with 1157 viewsFrimleyBlue

Going forward on 10:30 - Mar 15 by Currie10

Clear as day, even if Ronald McDonald was incharge, a lot of people short-term will come back and support the town / give $$$ / attend games.

I'd imagine the first game of next season, hopefully with a club with a big away fan base could be 24 / 25 k or so as a new era etc. Season ticket sales would be up, the casual fan much more likely to return.

Until the 10 / 12 game mark that is. If results start to falter, people will quickly lose interest I would say.

Time will tell. Mick's surely off.

I don't think we'll see 25k figures or even close until we are firing on all cylinders

I don't know any manager out there who would be able to excite the fans that much to get thousands back so soon.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Going forward on 10:57 - Mar 15 with 1145 viewslongtimefan

Going forward on 10:48 - Mar 15 by FrimleyBlue

I don't think we'll see 25k figures or even close until we are firing on all cylinders

I don't know any manager out there who would be able to excite the fans that much to get thousands back so soon.

The only way we get back to 25k is by being top 2 by Christmas. Even the. I bet it would be a stretch.
Going forward on 10:59 - Mar 15 with 1138 viewschicoazul

Going forward on 10:48 - Mar 15 by FrimleyBlue

We would sell out every week if we went up and we would get 25k+ if we were top of the league. Forget about who the Manager is, who the Owner is. Results are what will bring fans in, Mick isnt right about much but he is bang on about that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Going forward on 11:02 - Mar 15 with 1134 viewsFrimleyBlue

Going forward on 10:59 - Mar 15 by chicoazul

We would sell out every week if we went up and we would get 25k+ if we were top of the league. Forget about who the Manager is, who the Owner is. Results are what will bring fans in, Mick isnt right about much but he is bang on about that.

even being top we still wouldn't get a packed house in this league, those days have gone

They've killed off all previous pensioners ( most obviously ) a lot have passed, a lot getting older.. we don't have a new fan base

when we were top 3 with a chance of going top, we still weren't close to filling the stadium

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Going forward on 11:04 - Mar 15 with 1129 viewschicoazul

Going forward on 11:02 - Mar 15 by FrimleyBlue

even being top we still wouldn't get a packed house in this league, those days have gone

They've killed off all previous pensioners ( most obviously ) a lot have passed, a lot getting older.. we don't have a new fan base

when we were top 3 with a chance of going top, we still weren't close to filling the stadium

These are all fair points but I disagree. If we went top people would come flooding back and if we went up we would be full.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Going forward on 13:20 - Mar 15 with 1087 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Going forward"

Is there a more annoying phrase?

Fair point though. People will come back as soon as we start doing well (even if the footie isn't that pleasant on the eye). But it will take time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024