Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. 19:29 - Mar 14 with 2830 viewsbluejacko

Our esteemed leader clams it shows he hasn’t lost the dressing room! It actually shows nothing,if you are walking off the pitch and the boss says come and have a cuddle you are hardly likely to say no are you?
Perhaps what is more worrying is the fact that Chambers claiming the players want MM to stay! Does this show that the players are actually content with these dross performances? If so then if the chants are aimed at some of them they really can’t complain.
If they are indeed playing for the manager they have a funny way of showing it,you would think that they would be busting a gut to ram said chants down our throats .
This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 19:34 - Mar 14 with 2802 viewsSpruceMoose

I imagine the players know they can't change anything and that MM will most likely be off, so why rock the boat now?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 19:34 - Mar 14 with 2808 viewsmonty_radio

It's difficult looking in from outside to put any positive spin on that huddle. To bond together to say "we'll get through this poor playing spell together - well. o.k.

But in order to wait for the dissent to die away and the stands to clear, having just delivered 90 minutes of clueless professionalism to an expectant and overcharged public - that's misguided, at the very least.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 19:53]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 19:39 - Mar 14 with 2773 viewsLeoMuff

Was a clear FU to the fans, from the players and MM imho.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:12 - Mar 14 with 2695 viewsGodBlue

I like the guy, but the thing I found most disappointing about the Chambers diatribe was this:

“I would love to play like Swansea and Bournemouth played but we’re still punching above where we should be”

Now I have absolutely no delusion of us being a top six team and we have no right as fans to expect success... but for our club captain to say something like that, so defeatist and lacking in spirit, and to say it so publically, I was really disappointed in him.

For the first time it made me think that it’s not just the fans that may have become apathetic about this whole situation. Very sad. I also realise the fans reaction was not very apathetic yesterday!

As for ‘our esteemed leader’, in what other entertainment industry, as a customer-facing member of an organisation’s senior leadership team, could you get away with so clearly sticking two fingers up at your customers (over and over again)... regardless of what they may have said to you first? Not many, I suspect.

He’s quickly making his own position untenable in my view. I honestly thought he’d be staying next season, until the pre-Hull press conference, but I can’t see how he possibly keeps his job the way he’s behaving at the moment.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:17 - Mar 14 with 2673 viewsSomethingBlue

There's just half a chance, you know, that the players have a teeny bit of agency in "these dross performances" themselves.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:33 - Mar 14 with 2616 viewsLightningboy

Chambo will be first in the queue to kiss the new manager’s @rse.
This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:43 - Mar 14 with 2593 viewsGarv

Your last line is rubbish tbh. You can't say they don't try/play for the manager.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:47 - Mar 14 with 2568 viewsGarv

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 19:34 - Mar 14 by monty_radio

It's difficult looking in from outside to put any positive spin on that huddle. To bond together to say "we'll get through this poor playing spell together - well. o.k.

But in order to wait for the dissent to die away and the stands to clear, having just delivered 90 minutes of clueless professionalism to an expectant and overcharged public - that's misguided, at the very least.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 19:53]

Why is that misguided?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:54 - Mar 14 with 2529 viewsSwansea_Blue

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:12 - Mar 14 by GodBlue

I like the guy, but the thing I found most disappointing about the Chambers diatribe was this:

“I would love to play like Swansea and Bournemouth played but we’re still punching above where we should be”

Now I have absolutely no delusion of us being a top six team and we have no right as fans to expect success... but for our club captain to say something like that, so defeatist and lacking in spirit, and to say it so publically, I was really disappointed in him.

For the first time it made me think that it’s not just the fans that may have become apathetic about this whole situation. Very sad. I also realise the fans reaction was not very apathetic yesterday!

As for ‘our esteemed leader’, in what other entertainment industry, as a customer-facing member of an organisation’s senior leadership team, could you get away with so clearly sticking two fingers up at your customers (over and over again)... regardless of what they may have said to you first? Not many, I suspect.

He’s quickly making his own position untenable in my view. I honestly thought he’d be staying next season, until the pre-Hull press conference, but I can’t see how he possibly keeps his job the way he’s behaving at the moment.

The ironic thing about that is that Swansea used to play that way as a result of coaching, visionary leadership and clever buying on a shoestring budget lower than ours (yes, I know the times have changed). But in the Championship a large proportion of their team had come up from L1, some from L2. Or had been bought from obscure places in Europe. Some of these went on to be PL regulars because they had the talent to play, as opposed to just being battlers with big forearms.

We don't coach that way (presumably), so we don't play that way and we don't recruit that way. So it ain't gonna happen for those reasons. Nothing to do with "punching above where we should be [because of the finances]" if you're considering Swansea as an analogy.

Bournemouth spent though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:57 - Mar 14 with 2508 viewsJ2BLUE

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 19:39 - Mar 14 by LeoMuff

Was a clear FU to the fans, from the players and MM imho.

It was from MM, not the players. They can't just walk off the pitch when the manager tells them to stay.

As for Chambers, he's the captain. Giving him the benefit of the doubt perhaps he was just trying to play peacemaker? He can't really do anything anyway so maybe he was just trying to build some bridges for the rest of the season? On the other hand he may well know he isn't getting any younger, wouldn't be a Premier League player so why not see out your career on decent money in a defensive side which makes your job easier. Who knows who is on what side.

I like Chambers. I think he's just saying the right things and perhaps might be a bit more honest once MM has gone. I think he really does like MM so it won't be cutting stuff but perhaps just slightly more honest about the style of play.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 21:02 - Mar 14 with 2489 viewspointofblue

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:57 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

It was from MM, not the players. They can't just walk off the pitch when the manager tells them to stay.

As for Chambers, he's the captain. Giving him the benefit of the doubt perhaps he was just trying to play peacemaker? He can't really do anything anyway so maybe he was just trying to build some bridges for the rest of the season? On the other hand he may well know he isn't getting any younger, wouldn't be a Premier League player so why not see out your career on decent money in a defensive side which makes your job easier. Who knows who is on what side.

I like Chambers. I think he's just saying the right things and perhaps might be a bit more honest once MM has gone. I think he really does like MM so it won't be cutting stuff but perhaps just slightly more honest about the style of play.

If that was Chambers playing peacemaker I wouldn't like to see him in the diplomatic corps. He basically parrotted Mick word for word and wouldn't be surprised (though with no proof) if it's what McCarthy has said in the dressing room when any player dared to question whether we could keep it on the floor a bit more. It saddened me but it worried me as well - I could hear those word's in a gruff Yorkshire accent as much as Chambers' voice.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 21:25 - Mar 14 with 2434 viewsmonty_radio

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:47 - Mar 14 by Garv

Why is that misguided?

Because it could only further insulate them and isolate the crowd.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 00:17 - Mar 15 with 2280 viewsBlueBadger

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 20:33 - Mar 14 by Lightningboy

Chambo will be first in the queue to kiss the new manager’s @rse.

God forbid a professional person attempts to be professional about their job, eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This group ‘Luv In’ thingy after the game. on 00:49 - Mar 15 with 2262 viewsmadmouse1959

Why has it got to this point when supporters from all parts of the stadium joined in the chorus of boo,s. ?

It seems it has become an "us v them" situation and McCarthy has done nothing but annoy the media and the supporters . It has become really ridiculous. Of course the wise move for players is to say nothing , hoping another contract might be offered maybe. Marcus Evans has a lot to answer for.

shampoo dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024