Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... 12:11 - Mar 15 with 4200 viewsKieran_Knows

.... fair play.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:14 - Mar 15 with 2923 viewschristiand

Terrific news. I hope he gets a few games in the first team before the end of the season. Training with the Welsh squad and being coached by Ryan Giggs will certainly help his development too.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:16 - Mar 15 with 2904 viewsStenvict

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:14 - Mar 15 by christiand

Terrific news. I hope he gets a few games in the first team before the end of the season. Training with the Welsh squad and being coached by Ryan Giggs will certainly help his development too.

Yeah cos Ryan Giggs was a world class goalkeeper...

Poll: What will be announced first?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:18 - Mar 15 with 2895 viewsmo_itfc

Is Michael Crowe actually that good?? I've not seen him play!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:20 - Mar 15 with 2883 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:16 - Mar 15 by Stenvict

Yeah cos Ryan Giggs was a world class goalkeeper...

Brilliant. Giggs was a world class footballer that worked under Alex Ferguson for his whole career so he might have picked up a few ideas along the way to coach players and make sessions interesting? I wasn't talking predominantly about goalkeeping, but mixing with better players and someone like Ryan Giggs certainly won't be a hindrance to Crowe's progress!!!

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:22 - Mar 15 with 2867 viewsTIB

Doesn't Crowe have some Norwegian in him?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:23 - Mar 15 with 2859 viewsBluebell

No Jonny Williams?
Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:24 - Mar 15 with 2845 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:14 - Mar 15 by christiand

Haha, I’m sure Mick dropping Bart to play Crowe would be received well!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:24 - Mar 15 with 2843 viewsKieran_Knows

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:22 - Mar 15 by TIB

I think so.

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:25 - Mar 15 with 2839 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:22 - Mar 15 by TIB

I'd say he has some Giant in him as well.. The guy is an absolute Monster.
Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:26 - Mar 15 with 2834 viewsKieran_Knows

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:23 - Mar 15 by Bluebell

No Jonny Williams?

No doubt injured, one presumes.

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:30 - Mar 15 with 2820 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:24 - Mar 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha, I’m sure Mick dropping Bart to play Crowe would be received well!

God, I really despair with the foresight of some on here. MM and TC need to see Crowe play, he needs to see if he can cope with playing in the first team, it's a huge step up from an U23 game. We're safe now, so putting Crowe in for the last 4 games isn't going to do any harm. Until he plays in the first team, no one is really going to know if he is good enough - including Crowe himself.

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:30 - Mar 15 with 2817 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:20 - Mar 15 by christiand

Brilliant. Giggs was a world class footballer that worked under Alex Ferguson for his whole career so he might have picked up a few ideas along the way to coach players and make sessions interesting? I wasn't talking predominantly about goalkeeping, but mixing with better players and someone like Ryan Giggs certainly won't be a hindrance to Crowe's progress!!!

Working for Sir Alex and Brian Clough didnt rub off on Roy Keane.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:32 - Mar 15 with 2807 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:30 - Mar 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Working for Sir Alex and Brian Clough didnt rub off on Roy Keane.

No, that's very true. Now don't ruin my whole argument Marshall's Mullet!!!

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:33 - Mar 15 with 2792 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:30 - Mar 15 by christiand

God, I really despair with the foresight of some on here. MM and TC need to see Crowe play, he needs to see if he can cope with playing in the first team, it's a huge step up from an U23 game. We're safe now, so putting Crowe in for the last 4 games isn't going to do any harm. Until he plays in the first team, no one is really going to know if he is good enough - including Crowe himself.

No I think you have a point, but he’d get absolute pellets, for sure

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:35 - Mar 15 with 2779 viewshomer_123

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:18 - Mar 15 by mo_itfc

Given Mick said he'd want cover in following Gerks injury as Crowe wasn't ready for first team action says a lot.

Though, of course, we haven't actually got one in.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:39 - Mar 15 with 2745 viewsPJH

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:30 - Mar 15 by christiand

Although the last three games are against sides that could still be depending on results for automatic promotion,playoffs or avoiding relegation so somebody playing an untried keeper against them would not go down well with other teams interested in those situations.

Good to see Crowe's Wales call up though.
Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:40 - Mar 15 with 2743 viewsSwansea_Blue

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:18 - Mar 15 by mo_itfc

He was brilliant in Gladiator

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:40 - Mar 15 with 2741 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:35 - Mar 15 by homer_123

Given Mick said he'd want cover in following Gerks injury as Crowe wasn't ready for first team action says a lot.

However Wales select him for their squad, so they must see something in him? I'm sure there must be other goalkeeping options out there for Giggs to select from. Game of opinions!

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:43 - Mar 15 with 2728 viewsPJH

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:35 - Mar 15 by homer_123

I think MM indicated that he would have to try to get someone else in if Bart was likely to be missing for more than one game.
Either way it does not look like he believes Michael Crowe to be a reliable deputy to Bart.
Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:43 - Mar 15 with 2725 viewsRadlett_blue

Exactly - please put in Crowe for a game or two, especially as Bart hasn't signed his new contract. These remaining 9 games are a great opportunity to find out if some of our younger, untried players are up to the Championship.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:44 - Mar 15 with 2716 viewschristiand

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:39 - Mar 15 by PJH

Although the last three games are against sides that could still be depending on results for automatic promotion,playoffs or avoiding relegation so somebody playing an untried keeper against them would not go down well with other teams interested in those situations.

Good to see Crowe's Wales call up though.

You've got to play him some time. If the club have doubts then they need to get rid. Until he is put in that situation no one knows and that includes MM, he doesn't really know how he is going to react and that includes all younger players. You can always make excuses for not playing them, but I believe he needs the opportunity to experience first team action. Lets see what Crowe can do!

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:47 - Mar 15 with 2703 viewsRadlett_blue

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:44 - Mar 15 by christiand

You've got to play him some time. If the club have doubts then they need to get rid. Until he is put in that situation no one knows and that includes MM, he doesn't really know how he is going to react and that includes all younger players. You can always make excuses for not playing them, but I believe he needs the opportunity to experience first team action. Lets see what Crowe can do!

There's no real issue with putting in a few young players. What you shouldn't do is play an entire reserve team in a match that still has meaning. It makes no sense either to pack a team with youngsters, but playing 2 or 3 of them in each game now makes sense to me.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:48 - Mar 15 with 2700 viewsPJH

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:43 - Mar 15 by Radlett_blue

Exactly - please put in Crowe for a game or two, especially as Bart hasn't signed his new contract. These remaining 9 games are a great opportunity to find out if some of our younger, untried players are up to the Championship.

I agree with that in principle but not sure why you down voted my pointing out that teams involved in possibly chasing promotion,playoffs or fighting against relegation would not be impressed with someone(us) playing an untried keeper against Villa,Reading or Mbro if any of those three teams still have something to play for.
Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:48 - Mar 15 with 2699 viewsJimmyJazz

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:44 - Mar 15 by christiand

If Bart wasn't in a situation where he's deciding whether to sign or not, then I would say yes. But as it stands then no.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Michael Crowe makes Ryan Giggs first Wales Squad... on 12:52 - Mar 15 with 2685 viewsPJH

I am not against him having a game or two,just pointing out(for the 3rd time)that teams with something to play for would not be impressed with anyone playing an untried goalkeeper against other teams chasing the same thing.
If we were in any of those scenarios and another club gave a keeper a debut in a game against someone chasing the same thing as us I think that we would be rightly aggrieved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024