Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought that was good stuff from Mick 13:49 - Mar 15 with 2775 viewsSomethingBlue

It will have upset the snowflakes no end, but a decent and fairly no-nonsense explanation of how things look from his perspective and I'm sure most can understand it even if they don't agree 100%. Certainly added to the sense that this can't be turned around and that he'll be off — but the questions were good and he answered them well too.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 13:50]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 13:53 - Mar 15 with 2699 viewsitfcjoe

Demob happy....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 13:58 - Mar 15 with 2635 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yes but the question remains for Evans is why wait

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 14:40 - Mar 15 with 2481 viewsBlueBadger

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 13:58 - Mar 15 by FrimleyBlue

Given his record in making appointments fairly quickly and how they've generally worked out, I'm happy for him to take his time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 14:51 - Mar 15 with 2411 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 14:40 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

Given his record in making appointments fairly quickly and how they've generally worked out, I'm happy for him to take his time.

he's had 18 months to think about it tbh

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:02 - Mar 15 with 2357 viewschristiand

Yes, quite agree. MM was more content to speak about the current situation and that is one thing I do like about him, he is honest - too honest at times! Also, I know some won't like it but Stuart Watson will attempt to ask those difficult questions did it again today during the presser. I always get the impression MM's is not Watson's biggest fan just due to the fact that he will try and pin him down to an answer - it's like they are sparing each other!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 15:08]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:04 - Mar 15 with 2341 viewschicoazul

The thing that bugs me no end is this constant narrative of "we are doing what we always do" when it comes to training, preparation etc. Maybe that's the problem?

I also get slightly annoyed when he trots out this hoary old canard about You all loved me when I dug you out of the dirt and when I got you up the league. Is that not your job then?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:05 - Mar 15 with 2330 viewsNo9

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 13:53 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

Demob happy....

Nail on head
Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:10 - Mar 15 with 2310 viewschristiand

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:04 - Mar 15 by chicoazul

The thing that bugs me no end is this constant narrative of "we are doing what we always do" when it comes to training, preparation etc. Maybe that's the problem?

I also get slightly annoyed when he trots out this hoary old canard about You all loved me when I dug you out of the dirt and when I got you up the league. Is that not your job then?

That's the issue for me. We played that agricultural style of football to get us out of the mire all those seasons ago. Where is the progression? It hasn't really evolved since then.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:36 - Mar 15 with 2244 viewsCuffy81

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:10 - Mar 15 by christiand

That's the issue for me. We played that agricultural style of football to get us out of the mire all those seasons ago. Where is the progression? It hasn't really evolved since then.

He spoke so much better today than he did on Monday, if his Monday presser was like this one then I honestly don't think the atmosphere would have been as bad on Tuesday night despite the awful performance.
Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:52 - Mar 15 with 2203 viewshadleighboyblue

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 13:58 - Mar 15 by FrimleyBlue

Spot on .

No one is benefitting from this indecision .

Surely ME can't let this situation go on , the longer it goes on the more harm it is doing to the club , the fan base and even MM himself .

It's time to shake hands , thank MM for saving us when he did , but also time to accept that things need to change , with a new man with fresh ideas . Things are just too broken now to ever be mended .

ME has had long enough to look around and find a new man , why prolong the agony any longer , pay MM off , or come to some agreement and get someone in now to take stock of what we have and what we need - we are safe in midfield , so now is the ideal time to start afresh .
Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 16:11 - Mar 15 with 2141 viewsNo9

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:36 - Mar 15 by Cuffy81

He spoke so much better today than he did on Monday, if his Monday presser was like this one then I honestly don't think the atmosphere would have been as bad on Tuesday night despite the awful performance.

He'd probably had a word spoken into his shell like?
Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 16:12 - Mar 15 with 2131 viewsBenters2

Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 15:52 - Mar 15 by hadleighboyblue

Spot on .

No one is benefitting from this indecision .

Surely ME can't let this situation go on , the longer it goes on the more harm it is doing to the club , the fan base and even MM himself .

It's time to shake hands , thank MM for saving us when he did , but also time to accept that things need to change , with a new man with fresh ideas . Things are just too broken now to ever be mended .

ME has had long enough to look around and find a new man , why prolong the agony any longer , pay MM off , or come to some agreement and get someone in now to take stock of what we have and what we need - we are safe in midfield , so now is the ideal time to start afresh .

This.
Thought that was good stuff from Mick on 18:44 - Mar 15 with 1972 viewsHennikerBlu

It was a better interview than the one last week.

When he talked about the atmosphere today, he did use the word 'apathy' and actually that describes it quite well, it did not turn until after the second goal, when frankly you might as well have gone home. He also mentioned being top of League One, after he has gone, which is fair, but way to suggesting of self importance. I am not a Mick out, as I feel our problems are deeper, but I do think the disconnect with the fans is almost becoming untenable.

I think people would not have minded the losing, it's the manner. Strange changes and why change the formation which had been fine. Couple more attack minded players for me on Saturday and Tuesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024