Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current situation 16:50 - Mar 15 with 906 viewsyorkshire

I watched the press conference today and to be honest felt sorry for all involved

The whole debate around Mick's tenure has gotten out of hand. In Mick's defense we are actually having a decent season especially considering the money we have spent. We have had a lot worse seasons over the past 13 years and yet the has been so much negativity this season from the fans

On the reverse of that, Mick is really not helping himself and I think his stubbornness and inability to 'want' to work with the fans has made his position untenable

There is a nucleus of a decent side right now - probably (when fit) one of the best first teams we have had in the last 10 years - and most of that is down to Mick and his signings.

I think from Mick's point of view, he knows this and is mightily annoyed that he isn't getting the recognition - however I can not see how Evans can back him in the summer knowing that season ticket sales will be their lowest for a long time and that the slightest hint of a poor start next season will result in even more protest from the fans

Personally I would like Mick to stay but I think that he, and realistically even most of the people who still support him, know that he has lost the fans and nothing short of a miracle will change that

Sad all round really but can not see anything other than a new manager in place next season
Current situation on 16:58 - Mar 15 with 857 viewsFinidiCentenary

It's a perfect storm of horridness.

17 years in the Championship is not Mick's fault but fans are bored. Same teams every year. Little chance of going up. Not much chance of going down thanks to Mick. Totally boring.

Mick is happy with his salary and probably wouldn't get much more anywhere else. He may get a better job but I think the money would be similar as he's on a top Championship managers pay and no Premier League club would want him. So he's happy here on good money, in a nice part of the world and with one of the most understanding owners going. He has decent pay and ridiculous job security.

Evans has spent his money and now just hopes for us to stay up, maybe fluke a promotion but appears to be willing to sell if he can. So he's happy with Mick and with the limited budget that he has to spend to keep us in the division and no more.

Mick in turn can't buy the attacking or creative players and has to rely on a team of grafters. This means we try and nullify other teams rather than impose ourselves. This in turn makes us boring to watch and magnifies the boredom of the 17 years and so it goes on.

And on.

And on.

Fans cannot turn on Evans as he is essentially invisible. So they turn on McCarthy for the dross he serves up. Mick is not the sort of person to take it so he bites back, which winds up fans who then give it back to him even more and so it goes on.

And on.

And on.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 16:59]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Current situation on 17:29 - Mar 15 with 799 viewsdirtyboy

Two sensible posts.

I can, albeit only just, see Mick staying for another year, but it would take an extraordinary set of circumstances.

Season tickets at £240 or something across the ground, kids for a token £50 season ticket.

£290 for a father and son (or wife and daugher or any other combo - to be safe) would be a game changer...

Firstly, you can accept poor football at sub £15 a game for two lol! (get what you pay for right?)

Secondly, you'll be much less angry about being losing if you've only paid a small amount.

Thirdly, more people will go and not be in such a bad mood as they've paid...a small amount....

We'll all be happy because we can afford a pie and pint inside the ground, so can enjoy the game with a full tummy.

We then need a final phrase from Evans "I'm going to back Mick with a substantial pot of money, not seen since the Keane days"

I think that would just about do it.
Current situation on 17:46 - Mar 15 with 761 viewsSwn98

Current situation on 16:58 - Mar 15 by FinidiCentenary

It's a perfect storm of horridness.

17 years in the Championship is not Mick's fault but fans are bored. Same teams every year. Little chance of going up. Not much chance of going down thanks to Mick. Totally boring.

Mick is happy with his salary and probably wouldn't get much more anywhere else. He may get a better job but I think the money would be similar as he's on a top Championship managers pay and no Premier League club would want him. So he's happy here on good money, in a nice part of the world and with one of the most understanding owners going. He has decent pay and ridiculous job security.

Evans has spent his money and now just hopes for us to stay up, maybe fluke a promotion but appears to be willing to sell if he can. So he's happy with Mick and with the limited budget that he has to spend to keep us in the division and no more.

Mick in turn can't buy the attacking or creative players and has to rely on a team of grafters. This means we try and nullify other teams rather than impose ourselves. This in turn makes us boring to watch and magnifies the boredom of the 17 years and so it goes on.

And on.

And on.

Fans cannot turn on Evans as he is essentially invisible. So they turn on McCarthy for the dross he serves up. Mick is not the sort of person to take it so he bites back, which winds up fans who then give it back to him even more and so it goes on.

And on.

And on.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 16:59]

Brilliant and sadly true post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024