Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steijn 18:44 - Mar 18 with 1911 viewsGodBlue

I don’t know why, but I still really like the idea of Steijn, maybe it’s just the idea of renewing the Dutch connection at Town. Either way I know it’s probably silly and entirely baseless.

Anyway, it seems they’re expecting him to leave at the end of the season:
https://www.1limburg.nl/voorzitter-vvv-venlo-gunt-succestrainer-nieuwe-stap?cont

–-

When VVV-Venlo-trainer Maurice Steijn would decide to go to another club after this season, he would be kindly granted by club chairman Hai Berden.

That tells the preses in conversation with FOX Sports.

Very successful
Steijn is working on his fourth season in Venlo. After three years in the Jupiler League, his team is playing well in the premier league this season. Because of the good performances at the highest level and the championship in the Jupiler League last year, the interest in the trainer has grown. "He is officially still under contract with us next year," Berden begins. "But Maurice is in his fourth year now, he is also very successful, other clubs also see that."

Not for free
The interest of other clubs is becoming more and more concrete. "We are sometimes asked about his contract.There are clubs that have informed" It seems therefore a matter of time before the former trainer of ADO Den Haag will try his luck elsewhere. "If it comes to that, I will gladly wish Maurice", says Berden. But Steijn is not going for anything. "A lump sum is part of it."

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Steijn on 19:04 - Mar 18 with 1836 viewstextbackup

not sure what I'd rather sing more....

"steijns
barmy army
steijns
barmy army"

or

"mogga and venus having a party
careful what ya wish for mick McCarthy"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Steijn on 19:07 - Mar 18 with 1821 viewsSlambo

Doubt very much there's anything in it, but it's the exact sort of appointment i'd like to see - innovative, well thought of young manager looking to make a name for themselves. Think of the contacts he'd have in Holland as well. Be able to find some unknown gems schooled in a more cultured, European style of football. I'd certainly prefer someone like him to Mowbray. Really don't know why people think that would be a good idea...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Steijn on 19:19 - Mar 18 with 1780 viewsKuqicoo

I'm in the Steijn camp too. More than likely wishful thinking more than anything as it would be a more 'thinking outside the box' appointment.
I'm a realist though so I know there was probably nothing in it.
Steijn on 19:32 - Mar 18 with 1721 viewsGodBlue

Steijn on 19:19 - Mar 18 by Kuqicoo

I'm in the Steijn camp too. More than likely wishful thinking more than anything as it would be a more 'thinking outside the box' appointment.
I'm a realist though so I know there was probably nothing in it.

I think that’s part of it. I feel like what we need right now is a total change of direction, something to reinvigorate the fan base and get some sense of anticipation back into being a Town fan.

I know it would be a risk, possibly too big of one, but I’d just love some sign that ME, IM et al are actually willing to think outside of the box a little.

I wouldn’t mind Mowbray at all, but he’s another very predictable choice. Not that that’s a bad thing, I guess.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Steijn on 21:36 - Mar 18 with 1550 viewsnc41

Being realistic I think we are pretty sure there is nothing in it, but I think he's the sort of manager we need.
Any affordable English manager is going to come with the approval of some and the negativity of others. Perhaps a relative unknown, would draw his reputation on a blank sheet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024