Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 14:49 - Mar 19 with 2176 viewsJ2BLUE

The Gambling Commission has recommended the max stake on FOBTs be £30 with the limit set to £2 per spin on slots etc. Doesn't go far enough in my opinion, should have everything set to £2 stakes but it's a start.

Highlighting this so all of you who have expressed major concern can send your local MP an email to put pressure on them to vote in favour of this once it comes to parliament.

Edit: Added link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43455480
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 14:49]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 14:55 - Mar 19 with 2140 viewsitfcjoe

So they get away with it for longer....

Investors appeared to welcome the recommendations, as shares in gambling firms climbed strongly after the commission's announcement, with Ladbrokes Coral up 2% and William Hill up 5%.

"This should be a relief for the sector as the worst-case scenario looks to have been avoided. Ministers will now have to justify a cut below £30 on grounds of significant risk of harm," said analyst Neil Wilson at ETX Capital.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 15:45 - Mar 19 with 2052 viewsJ2BLUE

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 14:55 - Mar 19 by itfcjoe

So they get away with it for longer....

Investors appeared to welcome the recommendations, as shares in gambling firms climbed strongly after the commission's announcement, with Ladbrokes Coral up 2% and William Hill up 5%.

"This should be a relief for the sector as the worst-case scenario looks to have been avoided. Ministers will now have to justify a cut below £30 on grounds of significant risk of harm," said analyst Neil Wilson at ETX Capital.

I can't understand some people. How anyone's first thought could be get in, lets buy some shares to profit from this I really don't know.

There are some really morally questionable investments about.

Truly impaired.

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 15:47 - Mar 19 with 2038 viewsIllinoisblue

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 15:45 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I can't understand some people. How anyone's first thought could be get in, lets buy some shares to profit from this I really don't know.

There are some really morally questionable investments about.

have you looked at what's in your pension fund lately?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 15:52 - Mar 19 with 2028 viewsJ2BLUE

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 15:47 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

have you looked at what's in your pension fund lately?

I know, it could be anything. I've never looked. Never paid enough in to really care to be honest. I've always paid the minimum and invested/saved based on what i've learnt over the years.

Edit: i'm not missing out on any employer match or anything.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 15:54]

Truly impaired.

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 16:05 - Mar 19 with 1993 viewsSpruceMoose

My, this is a funny stance for you to take as a so-called Benters Officially Diagnosed Gambling Addict...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 16:10 - Mar 19 with 1983 viewsJ2BLUE

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 16:05 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

My, this is a funny stance for you to take as a so-called Benters Officially Diagnosed Gambling Addict...

Well, he is a J2 verified Trusted Wise And True poster.

Truly impaired.

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 16:11 - Mar 19 with 1974 viewsSpruceMoose

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 16:10 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I think I saw that service on Watchdog a while a go. Came highly recommended by Anne Robinson.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 16:13 - Mar 19 with 1971 viewsBOjK

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 15:52 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I know, it could be anything. I've never looked. Never paid enough in to really care to be honest. I've always paid the minimum and invested/saved based on what i've learnt over the years.

Edit: i'm not missing out on any employer match or anything.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 15:54]

You are missing out on the income tax relief though.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Login to get fewer ads

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 18:25 - Mar 19 with 1825 viewsfactual_blue

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 16:10 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Your ability to vet and validate posters is on a par with your ability to cook eggs: unsurpassed to your eyes, unedifying to everybody else's.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 18:34 - Mar 19 with 1806 viewschicoazul

Where does personal responsibility end and state intervention begin? On the one hand people should be allowed to do what they want with their money in legal establishments; on the other hand gambling addicts can become wards of the state and drains on their families like alcoholics and drug addicts. If the problem is the machines themselves not the stakes involved then either leave them alone or get rid of the machines altogether. Half measures are the curse of the world.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 18:43 - Mar 19 with 1783 viewsLord_Lucan

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 18:34 - Mar 19 by chicoazul

Where does personal responsibility end and state intervention begin? On the one hand people should be allowed to do what they want with their money in legal establishments; on the other hand gambling addicts can become wards of the state and drains on their families like alcoholics and drug addicts. If the problem is the machines themselves not the stakes involved then either leave them alone or get rid of the machines altogether. Half measures are the curse of the world.

I feel quite strongly that the gambling industry is immoral.

At least an alcoholic will eventually go to sleep - and at the very least has to go to the shop to get beer. A gambler can sit by his phone and have Ray Winstone shouting at him.

To really take the p1ss anyone that regularly wins gets banned.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 18:55 - Mar 19 with 1758 viewschicoazul

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 18:43 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

I feel quite strongly that the gambling industry is immoral.

At least an alcoholic will eventually go to sleep - and at the very least has to go to the shop to get beer. A gambler can sit by his phone and have Ray Winstone shouting at him.

To really take the p1ss anyone that regularly wins gets banned.

I dunno man. At the end of the day having a pension or investments is gambling. It is one of the old fashioned working man's pleasures. I'd like to see stats on how many people who gamble are problem gamblers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 19:05 - Mar 19 with 1730 viewsLord_Lucan

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 18:55 - Mar 19 by chicoazul

I dunno man. At the end of the day having a pension or investments is gambling. It is one of the old fashioned working man's pleasures. I'd like to see stats on how many people who gamble are problem gamblers.

I get your point and I agree it can be a guilty pleasure for some but I don't feel it's regulated enough.

Gone are the days with one Ladbrokes on the High Street.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 19:08 - Mar 19 with 1717 viewsSpruceMoose

Gambling Commission - FOBT Maximum Stake £30 on 19:05 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

I get your point and I agree it can be a guilty pleasure for some but I don't feel it's regulated enough.

Gone are the days with one Ladbrokes on the High Street.

When Mrs Moose first came to the UK she found the number of bookies everywhere staggering.

It really is a British blindspot.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024