Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Watson at it again 11:04 - Mar 20 with 5529 viewsmeekreech

Having decided to read the published web chat in the paper today it came as no surprise that the information contained was in true Watson style heavily loaded with anti Mccarthy criticism and pushing the change agenda ! In my opinion he , as much as the results , is responsible for fomenting much of the unrest amongst the so called supporters ! With a more balanced outlook and discussions with a broader spread of supporters , not just the impatient ones , it is possible that the problems and dissatisfaction are not nearly as bad as they appear .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:06 - Mar 20 with 5472 viewsKeno

Thank you Derek, deckchair comfy is it?

(please note is this was meant seriously, I would willing accuse any one of being Deckchair Derek unless they really deserved by being a complete, total and utter useless tool)

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:11 - Mar 20 with 5438 viewsThijssens_Tash

What complete and utter nonsense
Stuart Watson at it again on 11:14 - Mar 20 with 5424 viewsFinidiCentenary

Claptrap.

I think 95% of the sane posters on this forum are very complimentary that Watson has been able to hit the nail on the head week in week out, giving both praise and criticism of Mick where it is rightly due.

The change is one that 75% of thousands of fans want and that seems inevitable. It's hardly an agenda. It's simply recognising that both parties are coming to the end.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:19 - Mar 20 with 5379 viewsEdmundo

Keep that head in the sand mekreech (or should that be ostreech). Our owner and manager are fine. Be careful what we wish for, eh?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:28 - Mar 20 with 5322 viewsIllinoisblue

Congrats for writing the worst post in TWTD history

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:29 - Mar 20 with 5319 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Disagree entirely, Watson is one of the few journos who actually asks pressing questions and gives an unbiased view of things. He doesn’t even support Ipswich so has no agenda one way or the other.
Stuart Watson at it again on 11:30 - Mar 20 with 5308 viewswitchdoctor

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:28 - Mar 20 by Illinoisblue

that’s some plaudit.....
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 11:31]
Stuart Watson at it again on 11:32 - Mar 20 with 5302 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Forgot to include I’d take Watson’s opinions and questions over brenners “I will only ask questions which mick will like” ramblings everyday of the week.
Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:54 - Mar 20 with 5193 viewswitchdoctor

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:32 - Mar 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

Forgot to include I’d take Watson’s opinions and questions over brenners “I will only ask questions which mick will like” ramblings everyday of the week.

indeed..it was well funny when he had a go at him recently...bet Brenda’s bottom lip was trembling considering he’s always kissing the managers arse..😂😂
Stuart Watson at it again on 11:59 - Mar 20 with 5161 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:54 - Mar 20 by witchdoctor

indeed..it was well funny when he had a go at him recently...bet Brenda’s bottom lip was trembling considering he’s always kissing the managers arse..😂😂

It’s cringy isn’t it especially when in commentary brenner seems to get annoyed now and again but when given the platform to air his views he hides in his shell.

I get radio Suffolk have an affiliation with the club but are they not allowed to question anything?
Stuart Watson at it again on 12:08 - Mar 20 with 5126 viewsBlueBadger

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:14 - Mar 20 by FinidiCentenary

Claptrap.

I think 95% of the sane posters on this forum are very complimentary that Watson has been able to hit the nail on the head week in week out, giving both praise and criticism of Mick where it is rightly due.

The change is one that 75% of thousands of fans want and that seems inevitable. It's hardly an agenda. It's simply recognising that both parties are coming to the end.

Watson has been pretty much on the money in recent times and certainly a lot more thoughtful, but it still doesn't change the fact that for a large chunk of recent years he's been needlessly sh1t-stirring in order to sell papers and click to easily-roused idiots. See also: Deckchair Derek.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stuart Watson at it again on 12:12 - Mar 20 with 5086 viewssolemio

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:28 - Mar 20 by Illinoisblue

This is nonsense. Newmarket Blue wrote many worse.
Stuart Watson at it again on 12:26 - Mar 20 with 5003 viewsleft_foot

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. I actually think Watson has stepped up admirably to ask and write the stuff no one else dares.
Stuart Watson at it again on 12:29 - Mar 20 with 4990 viewsDarth_Koont

Tend to agree. It's been made out to be Mick vs. the fans and that's been a stretch. Yes, there are fans who have got all antsy because some of them have been called out. But that's their problem.

And it overshadows the bigger concerns with where we are as a club with Evans and in the wider scheme of football. Mick's been a far too easy scapegoat for some.

I'm sure a majority of the fans including me are tired of the atmosphere and a new manager is almost certainly needed. But we're more than likely going to see the next round of finger-pointing this time next year if nothing more far-reaching changes.

And FWIW I don't have a problem with the more sustainable approach we've been following these past few years. However it seems to be too much for many people as they attach the baggage of the past 15 years to it.. But again that's their problem and something they need to get a grip on rather than dragging the club even further down.

Pronouns: He/Him

Stuart Watson at it again on 13:04 - Mar 20 with 4832 viewsIllinoisblue

Stuart Watson at it again on 12:08 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

Watson has been pretty much on the money in recent times and certainly a lot more thoughtful, but it still doesn't change the fact that for a large chunk of recent years he's been needlessly sh1t-stirring in order to sell papers and click to easily-roused idiots. See also: Deckchair Derek.

in what way has Watson been "needlessly s5it-stirring"?

62 - 78 - 81

Stuart Watson at it again on 13:05 - Mar 20 with 4781 viewsBenters2

Stuart Watson at it again on 11:32 - Mar 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

Stuart Watson at it again on 13:11 - Mar 20 with 4765 viewsCaptMickMills

I think that Stuart Watson has been very balanced in his reporting and has done pretty well conveying the challenge of MM managing with limited funding as well as the dire turgid football that fans have had to suffer.
Stuart Watson at it again on 13:40 - Mar 20 with 4635 viewsDarth_Koont

Stuart Watson at it again on 13:04 - Mar 20 by Illinoisblue

in what way has Watson been "needlessly s5it-stirring"?

Maybe not "needlessly" because this is about Archant's business model if not clickbait. But I've seen nothing in all his musings that gives a bit of balance in this "rift".

In Watson's world the customer is always right. In my world, there's more to be gained from building a stronger club and that includes, but isn't driven by, the fans. Certainly not a vocal minority that became more and more part of the problem we're now looking to get away from with Mick leaving.

Stuart Watson at it again on 14:13 - Mar 20 with 4534 viewsIllinoisblue

Stuart Watson at it again on 13:40 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

Maybe not "needlessly" because this is about Archant's business model if not clickbait. But I've seen nothing in all his musings that gives a bit of balance in this "rift".

In Watson's world the customer is always right. In my world, there's more to be gained from building a stronger club and that includes, but isn't driven by, the fans. Certainly not a vocal minority that became more and more part of the problem we're now looking to get away from with Mick leaving.

really? I think he's been very balanced, very fair. He's praised Mick and slated Mick.

17 years in Division 2, a decaying stadium, terrible pitch, once more overly reliant on loan players, dwindling crowds... I'd be very disappointed if the Star/EADT hacks weren't making a fuss right now

62 - 78 - 81

Stuart Watson at it again on 14:16 - Mar 20 with 4523 viewsITFC_Forever

I used to think Watson was a bit of a click-bait whore who was prone to getting his facts wrong (not a good habit if you're a journo), but in the last year or two, I would say I've agreed with the majority of his articles.

Don't know if that says more about me or him though to be honest....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stuart Watson at it again on 15:31 - Mar 20 with 4377 viewsDarth_Koont

Stuart Watson at it again on 14:13 - Mar 20 by Illinoisblue

really? I think he's been very balanced, very fair. He's praised Mick and slated Mick.

17 years in Division 2, a decaying stadium, terrible pitch, once more overly reliant on loan players, dwindling crowds... I'd be very disappointed if the Star/EADT hacks weren't making a fuss right now

No, I think he just follows his market and its mood. I make no ethical judgement on that because clearly it's journalism with significant commercial pressure that there's no getting away from.

So I don't think he's some uncompromising truth-seeker. Because then he'd surely be asking a few more uncomfortable questions about fans and the wider context of football in 2018.

Stuart Watson at it again on 15:44 - Mar 20 with 4332 viewsJ2BLUE

Complete and utter rubbish.

How refreshing it has been for the Star to finally have someone willing to be honest. It might well have been them who pushed things past breaking point but they were very much reflecting the mood of the fans. The club has to act and the Star have helped get that message across.

Ham and Watson, the ITFC journalist dream team we've been waiting for.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024