Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking to buy a watch 08:23 - Mar 21 with 77769 viewsJakeITFC

Any recommendations of brands to go for or avoid?

Looking to spend <£1k so am I better to look second hand for a better brand on Watchfinder or buy a top end model from a lesser brand? Any up and comers you’d recommend?

In terms of model I’m thinking a sports type watch - Rolex Seamaster type thing.
Looking to buy a watch on 14:58 - Mar 24 with 3615 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 14:42 - Mar 24 by _

Oh I'm not remotely surprised.

I just wish the hornets would talk more about the shaking than sting the shaker.

Jesus, I'm sounding like Eric Cantona now.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Looking to buy a watch on 14:59 - Mar 24 with 3613 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Looking to buy a watch on 12:21 - Mar 24 by Bluebell

I certainly agree with you about an expensive watch. Up until the time I got my Fitbit I just used to wear cheap ones that I got from Argos. I have a gold one with rubies which is probably worth £5000 that was given to me by my mother-in-law but think it is pretentious so have never worn it.

I certainly don't ever look at a man and think "My God, he is wearing a Rolex, he must have a lot of money!"

We also pay well over £90 for meal quite often. In fact tomorrow we are taking the family out as it is Mr Bluebell's birthday and I doubt we will get much change from £400 for 6 of us. The reason is that we can!

However people spend their money is entirely up to them and if they buy something they love then good on them.

‘However people spend their money is entirely up to them’

Unless it’s me on gambling?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Looking to buy a watch on 15:00 - Mar 24 with 3611 viewsBrixtonBlue

Looking to buy a watch on 14:59 - Mar 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Oooh, nice body blow from the boy Rommers there. How will Bluebell come back from that one?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 15:04 - Mar 24 with 3601 views_

Looking to buy a watch on 14:59 - Mar 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Looking to buy a watch on 15:04 - Mar 24 with 3601 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looking to buy a watch on 15:00 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Oooh, nice body blow from the boy Rommers there. How will Bluebell come back from that one?

Libby at 14.42: "You've blundered from person to person in this thread arguing with them mate"

Dollers at 15.00: "How will Bluebell come back from that one"

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looking to buy a watch on 15:08 - Mar 24 with 3584 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 15:04 - Mar 24 by _

You can all wonder that but I’ve repeatedly said I won’t tell you. Which is my prerogative.

I was just making the point that BBs comment about people being allowed to spend the money how they like is a tad hypocritical but hey ho. I won’t be having an argument today so I shall leave it there.

I’m sure dollly will argue with you if you keep poking him.

Looking to buy a watch on 15:10 - Mar 24 with 3583 viewsRyorry

Looking to buy a watch on 13:07 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

I don't want to start it up again and i'm off out to play golf in a minute but every time you bring up the Mcdonalds thing you don't actually get it right.

My point was that it really doesn't matter if someone has one 700 calorie McDonalds as a meal or seven one hundred calorie treats over a week. You then went off on one about me comparing people eating 700 calories of Haribo a day which I didn't do.

A calorie is a calorie. The average man needs about 17500 calories over a week. Using the 80/20 rule that is 3500 calories where you can have a few treats if you eat healthily for the other 80%.

That's my way of looking at it. McDonalds quite clearly isn't health food. 700 calories of it over a week isn't going to hurt anyone if the rest of their diet is sound.

Have a good day. I always go to play golf expecting to be Tiger Woods. Once I get there I remember i'm crap.

In fairness, I don't think it was Dolly who brought up the McD thing on this thread, and I do think it's a bit off for that old argument to keep being resuscitated - it was done & dusted months (years?!) ago. Life's too short, better to just move on imho.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

on 15:13 - Mar 24 with 3570 views_

Looking to buy a watch on 15:08 - Mar 24 by The_Romford_Blue

You can all wonder that but I’ve repeatedly said I won’t tell you. Which is my prerogative.

I was just making the point that BBs comment about people being allowed to spend the money how they like is a tad hypocritical but hey ho. I won’t be having an argument today so I shall leave it there.

Login to get fewer ads

Looking to buy a watch on 15:14 - Mar 24 with 3567 viewsBrixtonBlue

Looking to buy a watch on 15:04 - Mar 24 by GlasgowBlue

Libby at 14.42: "You've blundered from person to person in this thread arguing with them mate"

Dollers at 15.00: "How will Bluebell come back from that one"

Wow. You and Libbers need to get out more if you think that's arguing rather than a light-hearted-boxing-analogy-joke.

Looking to buy a watch on 15:15 - Mar 24 with 3560 viewsBrixtonBlue

Looking to buy a watch on 15:08 - Mar 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I WILL NOT ARGUE WITH HIM.

Looking to buy a watch on 15:17 - Mar 24 with 3554 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 15:13 - Mar 24 by _

Do you understand what I've been attempting to illustrate?

Looking to buy a watch on 15:22 - Mar 24 with 3549 viewsNewcyBlue

I really want to see how the rest of this episode unfolds, but I really should go for a run now that the treadmill has been fixed.

My favourite characters are all present and correct!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

on 15:22 - Mar 24 with 3549 views_

Looking to buy a watch on 15:17 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Do you understand what I've been attempting to illustrate?

Looking to buy a watch on 15:24 - Mar 24 with 3536 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 15:22 - Mar 24 by _

Looking to buy a watch on 15:29 - Mar 24 with 3525 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 15:22 - Mar 24 by _

I'm only doing this to avoid the work I'm supposed to be doing.

Re the hypocrisy: I reckon murder is bad. Am I a hypocrite for saying this as I advertise sweets and paid £900 for one sausage and some instant Smash?

Looking to buy a watch on 15:31 - Mar 24 with 3518 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Looking to buy a watch on 15:29 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Re the hypocrisy: I reckon murder is bad. Am I a hypocrite for saying this as I advertise sweets and paid £900 for one sausage and some instant Smash?

£900? You’d have been better off gambling it mate? Put ya sausages on the line. Or buy a watch instead?

on 15:37 - Mar 24 with 3514 views_

Looking to buy a watch on 15:29 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Looking to buy a watch on 15:47 - Mar 24 with 3505 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 15:37 - Mar 24 by _

If you don't really care maybe you shouldn't have brought up the hypocrisy.

Haha, I win. Thank you ladies and gentlemen, goodnight.

on 15:54 - Mar 24 with 3494 views_

Looking to buy a watch on 15:47 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

If you don't really care maybe you shouldn't have brought up the hypocrisy.

Haha, I win. Thank you ladies and gentlemen, goodnight.

Looking to buy a watch on 15:55 - Mar 24 with 3492 viewsLord_Lucan

Looking to buy a watch on 15:22 - Mar 24 by NewcyBlue

I really want to see how the rest of this episode unfolds, but I really should go for a run now that the treadmill has been fixed.

My favourite characters are all present and correct!

Like so often it’s turned daft. No one will win, they will just keep on going until one of them goes to sleep.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 15:58 - Mar 24 with 3489 views_

Looking to buy a watch on 15:55 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Like so often it’s turned daft. No one will win, they will just keep on going until one of them goes to sleep.

Looking to buy a watch on 16:04 - Mar 24 with 3476 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Looking to buy a watch on 15:55 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

You know it’s the same every international break? Every Saturday of the international weekend this happens.

on 16:10 - Mar 24 with 3472 views_

Looking to buy a watch on 16:04 - Mar 24 by The_Romford_Blue

You know it’s the same every international break? Every Saturday of the international weekend this happens.

Looking to buy a watch on 16:38 - Mar 24 with 3453 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 15:54 - Mar 24 by _

Yeah you should never jest once into your 40's.

Looking to buy a watch on 17:58 - Mar 24 with 3399 viewsRyorry

on 15:04 - Mar 24 by _

Jeez - and you pulled me up for being patronising the other week because I said to someone that I appreciated them being careful when overtaking horses on the road!

You didn't ask the OP where he got his dosh for a pricey watch from did you, so why did you ask Rommy where he got the money for his betting from?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024