Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Headline which encapsulates the problem 09:00 - Mar 21 with 4909 viewsGuthrum

'Two thirds of Britons think EU will win Brexit talks'

Win? Win??? It's not a bl~~dy competition!

This is about negotiating a practical solution - thus necessitating compromise - to the issue of the UK separating itself from the European Union. There will have to be a degree of give-and-take. No outcome will be perfect for one side or the other.

But equally, it's not a zero-sum, "we win you lose" situation. Agreements can be beneficial (or damaging) for both parties.

Could the media and sections of the political community please stop treating Brexit as some binary contest combined with a points-scoring exercise and be sensible about things for the long-term good of the country?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 09:27 - Mar 21 with 4267 viewsBlueBadger

It's almost like the whole things being driven by dogmatic incompetents with no real interest in the country's welfare.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 09:28 - Mar 21 with 4259 viewsElderGrizzly

Yeah, we might ‘win’ less than we have now, but pay more for it! 🙄
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 09:33 - Mar 21 with 4245 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 09:27 - Mar 21 by BlueBadger

It's almost like the whole things being driven by dogmatic incompetents with no real interest in the country's welfare.

Good definition of all politicians there
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 09:39 - Mar 21 with 4240 viewsBlueBadger

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 09:28 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

Yeah, we might ‘win’ less than we have now, but pay more for it! 🙄

You speak for yourself, I can't wait for my £1.4bn a month pay rise!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 9:40]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:03 - Mar 21 with 4211 viewsJ2BLUE

Negotiate the best deal possible. When it has been agreed in full, put the full deal to a referendum.

New deal vs staying in.

Don't announce the referendum until the final deal is fully agreed so the EU negotiate in good faith.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:13 - Mar 21 with 4189 viewsvapour_trail

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:03 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

Negotiate the best deal possible. When it has been agreed in full, put the full deal to a referendum.

New deal vs staying in.

Don't announce the referendum until the final deal is fully agreed so the EU negotiate in good faith.

Would that stop glassers and dolly’s corbyn love-in for a while?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:14 - Mar 21 with 4185 viewsJ2BLUE

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:13 - Mar 21 by vapour_trail

Would that stop glassers and dolly’s corbyn love-in for a while?

Those two need to book a room and get it over with.

Truly impaired.

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:19 - Mar 21 with 4175 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh dear.

Yes, how it's framed as a binary/adversarial contest isn't really helpful. Better to see it as a damage limitation exercise where the EU is the senior partner calling the shots.

But however it's framed, two-thirds of Britons think we'll "win"?!!!! It's like they haven't been paying any attention to how negotiations have gone so far and where they're still heading.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:23 - Mar 21 with 4167 viewsmeekreech

New deal vs staying in.

No chance of that . The EU will never negotiate let alone in good faith ! To them it is all about being seen to be in complete control .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 11:21 - Mar 21 with 4112 viewsNo9

It only goes to show that most people don't understand the EU nor what being a member means

The fact that we have someone of little ability or competence representing the UK doesn't help & as days go by we learn more problems are arising than are being overcome-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-member-states-concerns-latest-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-article-32-missing-agreeme

Maybe we are even going backwards?
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 11:36 - Mar 21 with 4101 viewsSwansea_Blue

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 11:21 - Mar 21 by No9

It only goes to show that most people don't understand the EU nor what being a member means

The fact that we have someone of little ability or competence representing the UK doesn't help & as days go by we learn more problems are arising than are being overcome-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-member-states-concerns-latest-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-article-32-missing-agreeme

Maybe we are even going backwards?

I'm not too happy about this disappearance of Article 32 relating to freedom of movement. Why have a two-tiered society where some Brits get the option of freedom of movement in the EU but the rest of us don't? Just because as a result of chance they happen to be living in the EU while this is all being sorted out. What about the rest of us who either have in the past, or plan to in the future or currently travel round the EU regularly for work or pleasure?

Surely it has to be a uniform stance? Either freedom of movement or not.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 12:19 - Mar 21 with 4067 viewsfactual_blue

For too many the mistaken belief that we'll no longer be beholden to nasty, greasy foreigners means they think we'll 'win' no matter how dire the consequences.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 12:27 - Mar 21 with 4039 viewsNo9

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 11:36 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not too happy about this disappearance of Article 32 relating to freedom of movement. Why have a two-tiered society where some Brits get the option of freedom of movement in the EU but the rest of us don't? Just because as a result of chance they happen to be living in the EU while this is all being sorted out. What about the rest of us who either have in the past, or plan to in the future or currently travel round the EU regularly for work or pleasure?

I don't beleive the brexit politicians have considered any of this unless, they deliberately want to keep Brits 'on the island'?
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 12:35 - Mar 21 with 4037 viewsJ2BLUE

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 12:27 - Mar 21 by No9

I don't beleive the brexit politicians have considered any of this unless, they deliberately want to keep Brits 'on the island'?

You are the most biased person on here. Everything = EU amazing, Conservatives terrible.

Truly impaired.

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 3994 viewsDarth_Koont

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 12:35 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

You are the most biased person on here. Everything = EU amazing, Conservatives terrible.

That's clearly not 100% true. But if you'd taken that view as your guiding light a few years ago and followed it you'd have ended up pretty much where we are now.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 13:07]

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 13:17 - Mar 21 with 3962 viewsRyorry

But didn't you realise it's England v Germany?!

Let's just hope it doesn't go to penalties ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 15:05 - Mar 21 with 3900 viewsNo9

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 12:35 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

You are not watching are you?

The EU is far from being all bad & nowhere near as bad as the brexiteers would have you believe & our problem is that we never send real people to act as MEP's
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 15:08 - Mar 21 with 3901 viewschicoazul

New deal vs staying in.

Lots of people seem to think it is as simple as "staying in". I'm not so sure the EU wouldnt try to force us into a new deal that meant much stronger integration than we currently have.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 15:10 - Mar 21 with 3894 viewsNo9

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 13:17 - Mar 21 by Ryorry

But didn't you realise it's England v Germany?!

Let's just hope it doesn't go to penalties ...

But Germany already have England in their grip
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 16:00 - Mar 21 with 3871 viewsGeoffSentence

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 10:19 - Mar 21 by Darth_Koont

Oh dear.

Yes, how it's framed as a binary/adversarial contest isn't really helpful. Better to see it as a damage limitation exercise where the EU is the senior partner calling the shots.

But however it's framed, two-thirds of Britons think we'll "win"?!!!! It's like they haven't been paying any attention to how negotiations have gone so far and where they're still heading.

Actually Koonters, it's more like you didn't read the opening line properly

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 19:13 - Mar 21 with 3820 viewsFreddies_Ears

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 11:36 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

Those UK citizens who want to work in EU countries have been totally shafted. Losing our right to live, study and work across EU27 is a real bonfire of rights.

Still, there will be plenty of jobs in the new customs hangars in Kent. If we ever get around to building them. If not, then plenty of jobs hawking food and water to 20-mile lorry queues.
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 19:14 - Mar 21 with 3818 viewsFreddies_Ears

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 15:08 - Mar 21 by chicoazul

Lots of people seem to think it is as simple as "staying in". I'm not so sure the EU wouldnt try to force us into a new deal that meant much stronger integration than we currently have.

Fine by me if it reduced the power of Westminster.
Headline which encapsulates the problem on 19:43 - Mar 21 with 3794 viewsHerbivore

They won, we lost. Get over it.

Or something like that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 20:40 - Mar 21 with 3765 viewsbournemouthblue

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 15:08 - Mar 21 by chicoazul

We have never really been fully in

No Euro, No Schengen Agreement

It's by no means completely frictionless trade with different currencies involved

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 20:42 - Mar 21 with 3761 viewsDarth_Koont

Headline which encapsulates the problem on 16:00 - Mar 21 by GeoffSentence

Actually Koonters, it's more like you didn't read the opening line properly

Jeez. Yeah, I got that completely wrong. And I must have read it a few times too.

My faith in the UK is returning a little ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024