Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... 18:24 - Mar 21 with 2573 viewsSwailsey

“...McCarthy’s back four have recently been the subject of criticism in some quarters but prevented the Hornets, top of the table at the start of the day, from managing a single shot on target.

“That’s why I told those who criticised them to ‘foxtrot oscar’!” the Town boss added. “And, by the way, that still applies, if the cap fits, ‘foxtrot oscar’! ....”

He is right - he has hasn’t changed. People loved him for this honesty back then when we were winning.

No doubt the football isn’t as successful now and it’s probably right for him to move on, but this myth about him suddenly turning on the fans just simply isn’t true.

See also him having a go at fans for booong Hyam during MM’s 5th or so game here - the same as Nydam.

What a day that was at Watford though!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 18:25]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 19:38 - Mar 21 with 2327 viewsGeoffSentence

Not saying that Mick is a rogue or not regarding his comments about fans, but I don't think the argument that he has always gobbed off to fans makes his current position any better.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 19:40 - Mar 21 with 2309 viewsGarv

The anger stems from how dismissive he is of the criticism, especially now it is more deserved.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 19:44 - Mar 21 with 2272 viewsSwailsey

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 19:40 - Mar 21 by Garv

The anger stems from how dismissive he is of the criticism, especially now it is more deserved.

Agreed - but he was dismissive then too, wasn’t he?

I guess the point I’m making is he is right to say he hasn’t changed. Maybe that’s part of the problem, but it isn’t a new thing.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 19:52 - Mar 21 with 2231 viewsSwailsey

Well this thread just got shorter!

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 20:25 - Mar 21 with 2138 viewsGarv

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 19:44 - Mar 21 by Swailsey

Agreed - but he was dismissive then too, wasn’t he?

I guess the point I’m making is he is right to say he hasn’t changed. Maybe that’s part of the problem, but it isn’t a new thing.

Absolutely, to an extent he had more right to be.

You're right though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 05:19 - Mar 22 with 1912 viewsBenters2

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 19:38 - Mar 21 by GeoffSentence

Not saying that Mick is a rogue or not regarding his comments about fans, but I don't think the argument that he has always gobbed off to fans makes his current position any better.

This and what happened to my comment?
Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 06:27 - Mar 22 with 1872 viewsSwailsey

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 05:19 - Mar 22 by Benters2

This and what happened to my comment?

You started an argument and it got pulled bub.

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 06:39 - Mar 22 with 1852 viewspeterleeblue

Micks time is up and was up after Lincoln with the benefit of hindsight.
I was pleased we did not kneejerk last year.
Lets be honest though most fans really have not got a clue of the day to day workings of a football club.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 07:07 - Mar 22 with 1818 viewsBenters2

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 06:27 - Mar 22 by Swailsey

You started an argument and it got pulled bub.

Jeez if thats all it takes now!
Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 07:10 - Mar 22 with 1807 viewsBenters2

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 06:39 - Mar 22 by peterleeblue

Micks time is up and was up after Lincoln with the benefit of hindsight.
I was pleased we did not kneejerk last year.
Lets be honest though most fans really have not got a clue of the day to day workings of a football club.

Ive been saying that since the Lincoln game,that was one of the most embarrassing games ive ever seen Town play,good job it wasnt on national TV... oh.
Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 07:13 - Mar 22 with 1800 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 07:10 - Mar 22 by Benters2

Ive been saying that since the Lincoln game,that was one of the most embarrassing games ive ever seen Town play,good job it wasnt on national TV... oh.

You probably should mention it more often

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 07:14 - Mar 22 with 1795 viewsBenters2

Mick’s presser after the Watford Chaplow win... on 07:13 - Mar 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You probably should mention it more often

Should have gone after the Lincoln game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024