Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table based on this season's spending.... 22:33 - Mar 21 with 10018 viewsBloots

.....compared to actual current positions:

1. Boro £55.5M (Actual 6, minus 5 places)
2. Leeds £28.5M (14, -12)
3. Wolves £24.5M (1, +2)
4. Fulham £22M (4, 0)
5. Hull £20M (18, -13)
6. Birmingham £17.5M (22, -16)
7. Sheff Weds £15M (17, -10)
8. Scum £15M (13, -5)
9. Reading £14.5M (20, -11)
10. Bristol £13.5M (7, +3)
11. Cardiff £12.5M (2, +9)
12. Derby £12M (5, +7)
13. Nottingham £6.5M (16, +3)
14. Barnsley £6.5M (21, -7)
15. Brentford £6M (11, +4)
16. Sheff U £5.5M (9, +7)
17. Ipswich £3.5M (12 +5)
18. Villa £3M (4, +14)
19. PNE £2M (8, +11)
20. Sunderland £1.5M (24, -4)
21. QPR £0.5M (15, +6)
22. Millwall £0.5M (10, +12)
23. Burton £0.5M (23, 0)
24. Bolton £0M (19, +5)

Over performers, Villa, Millwall, Preston and Cardiff

Under performers, Birmingham, Hull, Leeds and Reading.

I don't trust all the figures (ours is too high for a start) but on the basis that they all come from the same source they should be correct relatively.

It doesn't take into account incoming fees, but still shows the relative spending power of the clubs.

Highlights the gulf between the top and bottom halves of the spending league.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 22:39]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

League table based on this season's spending.... on 22:39 - Mar 21 with 8046 viewsmos

It is interesting, and you can pretty much draw to the conclusion that spending money on a football club will put you higher up the table, although that’s not to say a cheaper, less funded team can sneak into the playoffs.

Also, Aston Villa have spent lots of money the past 2 seasons, they may have not spent much this season, but spent crazy amounts on Hogan, McCormack and Kodjia. Which is worth considering in this table.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Agreed.... on 22:41 - Mar 21 with 8030 viewsBloots

League table based on this season's spending.... on 22:39 - Mar 21 by mos

It is interesting, and you can pretty much draw to the conclusion that spending money on a football club will put you higher up the table, although that’s not to say a cheaper, less funded team can sneak into the playoffs.

Also, Aston Villa have spent lots of money the past 2 seasons, they may have not spent much this season, but spent crazy amounts on Hogan, McCormack and Kodjia. Which is worth considering in this table.

....it's got plenty of holes in it.

But does show the huge differences in spending and how badly some clubs are managed.

League table based on this season's spending.... on 22:49 - Mar 21 with 7999 viewsFreddies_Ears

Sort of intetesting, but wage bill is more closely correlated to performance. On that measure, we are still outperforming.
League table based on this season's spending.... on 22:54 - Mar 21 with 7970 viewsDubtractor

Who the feck have Leeds spent close to £30m on?!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

League table based on this season's spending.... on 23:09 - Mar 21 with 7906 viewsElderGrizzly

What’s the source? Wolves spent £18m on one player, so that looks way too low for them
League table based on this season's spending.... on 23:36 - Mar 21 with 7832 viewsFreddy

League table based on this season's spending.... on 23:09 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

What’s the source? Wolves spent £18m on one player, so that looks way too low for them

Think that list is pretty accurate, according the the transfermarkt site Wolves spent 25m on 5 players plus got 5 free transfers and 6 loans
League table based on this season's spending.... on 23:37 - Mar 21 with 7831 viewsGuthrum

League table based on this season's spending.... on 23:09 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

Particularly, how recent are those figures? Not all clubs have released their figures for last season yet, let alone this.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

League table based on this season's spending.... on 06:35 - Mar 22 with 7595 viewsSwansea_Blue

League table based on this season's spending.... on 23:37 - Mar 21 by Guthrum

Particularly, how recent are those figures? Not all clubs have released their figures for last season yet, let alone this.

Transfermarket I suspect. It's just sum total of fees by the looks of it, nothing else. So yep, plenty of holes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

League table based on this season's spending.... on 07:17 - Mar 22 with 7507 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League table based on this season's spending.... on 06:35 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

Transfermarket I suspect. It's just sum total of fees by the looks of it, nothing else. So yep, plenty of holes.

Yep definitely, hence we apparently spent £3.5m...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Here he is on 07:24 - Mar 22 with 7489 viewsBenters2

So basically spending money doesnt work,yet spending can work,that sort of thing?
Here he is on 07:33 - Mar 22 with 7461 viewsSuperfrans

Here he is on 07:24 - Mar 22 by Benters2

So basically spending money doesnt work,yet spending can work,that sort of thing?

Yes. The world is complex. It’s not black and white. It can’t be wrapped up into simple packages. Something which seems to be hard for some little brains to understand.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

League table based on this season's spending.... on 07:35 - Mar 22 with 7451 viewsSuperfrans

Indeed. Presumably it is only taking into account spending this season and not in previous seasons, which would also boost the spending of Norwich, Derby, Sheff Wed etc.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

League table based on this season's spending.... on 07:55 - Mar 22 with 7381 viewsReuser_is_God

Derby are over achieving....

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

League table based on this season's spending.... on 08:10 - Mar 22 with 7336 viewsBenters2

League table based on this season's spending.... on 07:55 - Mar 22 by Reuser_is_God

Derby are over achieving....

They wont like that.
League table based on this season's spending.... on 08:38 - Mar 22 with 7271 viewsElderGrizzly

League table based on this season's spending.... on 08:10 - Mar 22 by Benters2

They wont like that.

Almost like taking one season’s spending in isolation isn’t an accurate measure...🙄
League table based on this season's spending.... on 08:57 - Mar 22 with 7214 viewsCurrie10

I maintain people would be surprised with both the Connolly and especially the Celina loan fees, can imagine they were certainly over £1 mill combined if not slightly over £1.5 mill.

Sheff Wendy are massively underachieving but their injury last has somehow been even worse than ours...... not that I have too much sympathy as they've overspent.
League table based on this season's spending.... on 09:20 - Mar 22 with 7179 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League table based on this season's spending.... on 08:57 - Mar 22 by Currie10

I maintain people would be surprised with both the Connolly and especially the Celina loan fees, can imagine they were certainly over £1 mill combined if not slightly over £1.5 mill.

Sheff Wendy are massively underachieving but their injury last has somehow been even worse than ours...... not that I have too much sympathy as they've overspent.

Would be surprised if Connolly was a lot, Celina we’ve probably paid a small fee for as our big ticket loan signing but may be wrong

Regardless - our fees in there is clearly from Transfermarkt - they have Garner, Waghorn and Huws all at £1m+ plus Drinan

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

League table based on this season's spending.... on 09:50 - Mar 22 with 7123 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Not a true reflection,

Terry,
Jedinak,
Snodgrasss,
Agbonlahor,
McCormack,
Micah Richards,
Kodjia

all on 40k+ a week

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

League table based on this season's spending.... on 10:01 - Mar 22 with 7095 viewschicoazul

Why would you come to that conclusion?? What that table shows is that having a budget is secondary, hugely, to having a good Manager. It's no coincidence that half the top 6 atm is Warnock Bruce and Pulis.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's more the number of signings..... on 11:37 - Mar 22 with 7013 viewsBloots

League table based on this season's spending.... on 22:54 - Mar 21 by Dubtractor

Who the feck have Leeds spent close to £30m on?!

....rather than high individual fees.

10 players over a million, headed by Forshaw, Jansson and Saiz adding up to about £13m.

Scary.

Of course, as I said... on 11:40 - Mar 22 with 6992 viewsBloots

League table based on this season's spending.... on 07:35 - Mar 22 by Superfrans

Indeed. Presumably it is only taking into account spending this season and not in previous seasons, which would also boost the spending of Norwich, Derby, Sheff Wed etc.

...it's full of holes and only relates to this season.

League table based on this season's spending.... on 11:47 - Mar 22 with 6973 viewsHarryWright

I thought we'd only spent about 2 mil.
I haven't got the brain power to work out..... on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 6964 viewsBloots

League table based on this season's spending.... on 08:38 - Mar 22 by ElderGrizzly

Almost like taking one season’s spending in isolation isn’t an accurate measure...🙄

....how much Derby have spunked trying to get promoted.

Oh yes I have, it's £83.52m.

Huzzah.

League table based on this season's spending.... on 13:13 - Mar 22 with 6829 viewsPilgrimblue

Interesting that bigger minuses are higher up while bigger pluses are lower! Perhaps the wage bill would show different results and reverse a lot of the table
League table based on this season's spending.... on 13:24 - Mar 22 with 6803 viewsKeaneish

What??? You mean there are other managers out there who can make teams successful in the league regardless of their budget? Not possible according to some.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024