Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? 08:17 - Mar 22 with 5238 viewsunbelievablue

Just so I can put them in their place.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 8:21]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Please can someone feign outrate at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:18 - Mar 22 with 4283 viewsDanTheMan

IT'S NOT BRITISH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? (n/t) on 08:21 - Mar 22 with 4266 viewsunbelievablue

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:38 - Mar 22 with 4237 viewshomer_123

The CEO of De La Rue was on Radio 4 bemoaning the contract award to the French company, stating that he can't tender for the French passport contract and that the British Govt should support British business.

Within the same breath he stated that De La Rue manufactures passports for over 40 countries. The irony of this fact wasn't lost on me.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 8:42]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:39 - Mar 22 with 4227 viewsElderGrizzly

These open Govt tenders looking for best value. They’ll never catch on....
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:40 - Mar 22 with 4223 viewsNo9

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:38 - Mar 22 by homer_123

The CEO of De La Rue was on Radio 4 bemoaning the contract award to the French company, stating that he can't tender for the French passport contract and that the British Govt should support British business.

Within the same breath he stated that De La Rue manufactures passports for over 40 countries. The irony of this fact wasn't lost on me.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 8:42]

& De La Rue, at least sounds French
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:46 - Mar 22 with 4209 viewsBasuco

It is OK because after brexit this will work will return to a UK company.
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:56 - Mar 22 with 4191 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well I for one am outraged. I was told by remainers that Brexit meant closing the door to doing business with European companies.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:05 - Mar 22 with 4177 viewsNo9

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:56 - Mar 22 by GlasgowBlue

Well I for one am outraged. I was told by remainers that Brexit meant closing the door to doing business with European companies.

Er, we haven't left yet BUT no one ever said we would not be able to buy from EU companies just find it hard selling to EU companies.As this deal show EU companies are much cheaper than UK companies & will remain so.

Get used to it & use your EU petrol /diesel/ electric / gas with pleasure
Login to get fewer ads

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:13 - Mar 22 with 4156 viewsCotty

I'd love to join in, if that happens please.

I think quite a few high profile leavers are showing their colours on this one, increasingly it's not about sovereignty, but much more about rejecting anything foreign.
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:20 - Mar 22 with 4138 viewsCotty

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 08:46 - Mar 22 by Basuco

It is OK because after brexit this will work will return to a UK company.

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:21 - Mar 22 with 4145 viewsBlueBadger

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:13 - Mar 22 by Cotty

I'd love to join in, if that happens please.

I think quite a few high profile leavers are showing their colours on this one, increasingly it's not about sovereignty, but much more about rejecting anything foreign.

The word 'increasingly' is possibly superfluous here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:21 - Mar 22 with 4148 viewsconnorscontract

It's a disgrace! The Polish and Czech fighter aces didn't defend our nation with skill and bravery during the Battle of Britain so that foreigners could steal our jobs by being better at them and doing them more efficiently!
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:34 - Mar 22 with 4100 viewsPinewoodblue

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:05 - Mar 22 by No9

Er, we haven't left yet BUT no one ever said we would not be able to buy from EU companies just find it hard selling to EU companies.As this deal show EU companies are much cheaper than UK companies & will remain so.

Are not key components, micro chip etc, required to be manufactured in UK and don't the company that has the contract have plant in Hampshire?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:37 - Mar 22 with 4090 viewsunbelievablue

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:34 - Mar 22 by Pinewoodblue

Are not key components, micro chip etc, required to be manufactured in UK and don't the company that has the contract have plant in Hampshire?

The chips can be made anywhere as long as they conform to ICAO standards, but they have to be personalised here - all data of applicants remains in the UK.

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:38 - Mar 22 with 4085 viewsNo9

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:37 - Mar 22 by unbelievablue

The chips can be made anywhere as long as they conform to ICAO standards, but they have to be personalised here - all data of applicants remains in the UK.

"all data of applicants remains in the UK."

Although revelations since last Friday put a very big question mark over that?
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:42 - Mar 22 with 4076 viewsBlueBadger

I think they should have Got Behind Their Country.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:43 - Mar 22 with 4074 viewsunbelievablue

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:38 - Mar 22 by No9

"all data of applicants remains in the UK."

Although revelations since last Friday put a very big question mark over that?

Which?

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:47 - Mar 22 with 4056 viewsNo9

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:43 - Mar 22 by unbelievablue

Which?

You haven't been following the Cambridge Analytica matter with all the side shoots?
It broke last Friday & has built ever since
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:48 - Mar 22 with 4056 viewsunbelievablue

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:47 - Mar 22 by No9

You haven't been following the Cambridge Analytica matter with all the side shoots?
It broke last Friday & has built ever since

Ah yes, sorry.

Though this really is different.

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:49 - Mar 22 with 4055 viewsconnorscontract

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:37 - Mar 22 by unbelievablue

If the chips contain the data, and all data has to remain in the UK, they're not going to be much fu(king use as passports, are they?

"Sorry, sir, you can't take that passport out of the country. It contains British data..."
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:53 - Mar 22 with 4044 viewsNo9

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:48 - Mar 22 by unbelievablue

Ah yes, sorry.

Though this really is different.

I have been following the Cambridge Analytica story.
It is becoming apparent that anyoen with a fB account & maybe some other social media accounts has had their data nicked - what they can't yet find out is just who got what.
The real disturbing thing in this country is that the Information Commissioner has been trying since Monday to get access to CA but that won't happen until tomorrow - by which time all the good stuff may well be gone- I wonder who has been stopping the IC?

That apart I doubt the information on the passport contains as much info about you as your credit card
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:55 - Mar 22 with 4043 viewsunbelievablue

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:49 - Mar 22 by connorscontract

If the chips contain the data, and all data has to remain in the UK, they're not going to be much fu(king use as passports, are they?

"Sorry, sir, you can't take that passport out of the country. It contains British data..."

Can't work out if sarcastic...

What I mean is, the chips are manufactured abroad (blankly) but personalised with applicants data in the UK. That is to say, no UK data is sent abroad prior to the passport being completed.

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 10:03 - Mar 22 with 4026 viewsJ2BLUE

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 09:05 - Mar 22 by No9

We haven't left yet. Does that mean you'll stop the predictions of doom until we have actually left or is this a one way thing?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 10:06 - Mar 22 with 4015 viewsNo9

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 10:03 - Mar 22 by J2BLUE

We haven't left yet. Does that mean you'll stop the predictions of doom until we have actually left or is this a one way thing?

Just being realistic, a lot more people should do the same
Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 10:08 - Mar 22 with 4010 viewsgiant_stow

Please can someone feign outrage at Gemalto winning the new Passport contract? on 10:03 - Mar 22 by J2BLUE

The doom's just been postponed for when the next recession hits. Our economy is growing too slowly now (as a result of Brexit uncertainty) to build up some decent fat to fight that recession. That's when we get cuts upon cuts and huge deficits. Apparently... don't shoot the messenger.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024