Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the worst England football team ever? 13:14 - Mar 22 with 10444 viewsMaySixth

I think we will return pointless from Russia after being chased all over the country.

No established goalkeeper.
No established defenders.
Injury ravaged midfield.
Kane up front.

At least John Stones will turn up with a cuddly lion though.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:19 - Mar 22 with 6953 viewswkj

We might battle for a hard earned point against Panama

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:21 - Mar 22 with 6936 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think we’ll beat Tunisia, and Panama before losing to Belgium.
Finish 2nd and then lose to Poland 2-0 in the 2nd round.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:26 - Mar 22 with 6909 viewsDanFord

I might be in the minority but I think we will do much better than usual. Look at what teams like Wales have achieved and Northern Ireland. They have inferior players but have players that want to play for their country. I would rather have a Pope, Tarkowski and Mawson playing their hearts out for their country having never imagined they would get that chance than Hart, Stones and Smalling going through the motions for their 50th caps. I think we might do very well.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:38 - Mar 22 with 6872 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We won’t return pointless and it won’t even be our worst tournament performance this decade, but yes the current side is pretty underwhelming

Fortunately the future looks bright as far as the next 5-10 years ago, so long as our youth groups kick on (and make the most of opportunities to do so)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:43 - Mar 22 with 6852 viewsJackSted

The worst England team ever was the 2010 World Cup squad

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:43 - Mar 22 with 6852 viewsNo9

Well, the 'established' stars didn't do too well did they?
Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:47 - Mar 22 with 6834 viewsaardvaark

My team to play first game at WC:-

Pope
Walker
Mawson
McGuire
Young
Lallana
Dier
Alli
Drinkwater
Kane
Vardy

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:49 - Mar 22 with 6826 viewsMattinLondon

The fact that we qualified means that it’s not the worst ever team.

The 94 and 74 teams failed to even qualify so they must share that particular accolade.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:50 - Mar 22 with 6820 viewsMattinLondon

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:49 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

The fact that we qualified means that it’s not the worst ever team.

The 94 and 74 teams failed to even qualify so they must share that particular accolade.

Actually think it was 1978
Is this the worst England football team ever? on 14:15 - Mar 22 with 6743 viewsvapour_trail

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:50 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

74 & 78. And 94 as you say.

A good few euros as well.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 14:19 - Mar 22 with 6738 viewsusm

No.

yvw

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 14:47 - Mar 22 with 6686 viewsMaySixth

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:47 - Mar 22 by aardvaark

Pope
Walker
Mawson
McGuire
Young
Lallana
Dier
Alli
Drinkwater
Kane
Vardy

God that is so insipid isn't it.

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 14:47 - Mar 22 with 6686 viewsKieran_Knows

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:47 - Mar 22 by aardvaark

Pope
Walker
Mawson
McGuire
Young
Lallana
Dier
Alli
Drinkwater
Kane
Vardy

Butland

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Rose

Dier
Wilshere

Sterling
Alli
Rashford

Kane

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 14:48 - Mar 22 with 6682 viewsMaySixth

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 13:50 - Mar 22 by MattinLondon

Yes because the opposition we faced in qualifying for the WC 2018 were so impressive

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 15:20 - Mar 22 with 6638 viewschristiand

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 14:47 - Mar 22 by Kieran_Knows

Butland

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Rose

Dier
Wilshere

Sterling
Alli
Rashford

Kane

Like that front four and Wilshere has got to start too. Think the rest of the places are up for grabs!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 15:29 - Mar 22 with 6606 viewsvapour_trail

Butland

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Rose

Dier
Wilshere

Sterling
Alli
Rashford

Kane

Swap the goalie for Pope and wilshere for the Ox and I’d go with the rest of that.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 15:45 - Mar 22 with 6580 viewsTIB

Non-established doesn't mean worst necessarily...if anything its a chance to let the youth have a crack, lose their WC virginity so in future tournaments they know what to expect.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 15:46 - Mar 22 with 6578 viewsRobTheMonk

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 15:29 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

Swap the goalie for Pope and wilshere for the Ox and I’d go with the rest of that.

The Ox is abit of an enigma. I've seen him demolish teams but then he'll go to absolute crap the next game.
Is this the worst England football team ever? on 15:49 - Mar 22 with 6563 viewsKieran_Knows

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 15:29 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

Not sure about Ox, I'd much prefer Wilshere in there myself.

Keeper is a tough one this summer, certainly between Butland or Pope IMO, but I think I'd go with Butland.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:02 - Mar 22 with 6545 viewsBasuco

They can't do any worse than the bunch of failures that the media kept calling the "golden era" who consistently put in rubbish performances for many years. In fact until England teams are picked on current form they will continue to fail. Mind you the FA appear to have a new performance coach as they are finally looking at stopping players eating simple sugars and testing them for asthma, something they should have done in the 70's.
Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:05 - Mar 22 with 6540 viewsdylanisabaddog

We're led to believe that the reason England is awful at football is because of the number of foreigners in the Premier League. But there were no foreigners to speak of when we failed to qualify for 1974 and 1978 and didn't win a game in the 1982 finals.
It does seem to finally be sinking in with the fans that England haven’t got a prayer in the World Cup but I listened to Chris Waddle at the draw for the finals who thought that we would win our group with maximum points and beat Poland in the last 16. The Polish half of my family is praying that they get England in the last 16.....
Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:13 - Mar 22 with 6524 viewschristiand

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:05 - Mar 22 by dylanisabaddog

We're led to believe that the reason England is awful at football is because of the number of foreigners in the Premier League. But there were no foreigners to speak of when we failed to qualify for 1974 and 1978 and didn't win a game in the 1982 finals.
It does seem to finally be sinking in with the fans that England haven’t got a prayer in the World Cup but I listened to Chris Waddle at the draw for the finals who thought that we would win our group with maximum points and beat Poland in the last 16. The Polish half of my family is praying that they get England in the last 16.....

We did win games in the 1982 World Cup we beat France 3-1, the Czechs 2-0 and then finally beat Kuwait 1-0 to top our group. It was in the next stage we didn’t win a game, we drew against West Germany and Spain that saw our exit.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:30 - Mar 22 with 6498 viewsGarv

Butland

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Rose

Dier
Wilshere

Sterling
Alli
Rashford

Kane

Pickford for Butland, but otherwise yes.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:35 - Mar 22 with 6487 viewsusm

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:13 - Mar 22 by christiand

We did win games in the 1982 World Cup we beat France 3-1, the Czechs 2-0 and then finally beat Kuwait 1-0 to top our group. It was in the next stage we didn’t win a game, we drew against West Germany and Spain that saw our exit.

Please dont bring facts into it, it spoils things.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Is this the worst England football team ever? on 16:37 - Mar 22 with 6482 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

To add to that list.....

No established manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024