Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere 18:31 - Mar 22 with 15498 viewsWadeyBlue

This suggestion was asked the other night at the fans panel.

Answer was the police either wont allow it or strongly advised against it.

What is the fkn problem. Both sets of fans are apart and any problems keep away fans in after the game for 20 mins.

OB crapping it again for no reason.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 21:58 - Mar 22 with 4741 viewsPJH

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 21:50 - Mar 22 by slump

Why?

Why would some not be happy?

If that is what you were asking I would think if away supporters were moved towards the North Stand then Cobbold ST holders evicted(me included) would not be too pleased.
If an element of the North Stand relocated to Churchmans, I would think that some currently in Churchmans would not be too impressed.

If, as seems likely, the ST letter to such as myself says that we may have to move more often to accommodate larger away followings then I might move my ST elsewhere anyway.

edit-of course you might have meant why did I never go to the Baseball Ground.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 21:59]
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 22:12 - Mar 22 with 4720 viewsCurrie10

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 18:42 - Mar 22 by blueislander

Can you name another Championship stadium where the away fans are placed right next to the area where the most vociferous home fans are situated?

Norwich do it, and the atmosphere there due to the banter both of us give makes it a hell of a lot more fun than any derby at our gaff I have to say.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 22:37 - Mar 22 with 4703 viewsslump

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 21:58 - Mar 22 by PJH

Why would some not be happy?

If that is what you were asking I would think if away supporters were moved towards the North Stand then Cobbold ST holders evicted(me included) would not be too pleased.
If an element of the North Stand relocated to Churchmans, I would think that some currently in Churchmans would not be too impressed.

If, as seems likely, the ST letter to such as myself says that we may have to move more often to accommodate larger away followings then I might move my ST elsewhere anyway.

edit-of course you might have meant why did I never go to the Baseball Ground.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 21:59]

I meant, why would you not be impressed?

And why would Churchman's not be happy with Northstanders infiltrating them?

Baseball ground was nothing special in the eighties when I went

UTT

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 22:42 - Mar 22 with 4696 viewsstonojnr

as has been said if North Standers want to be near away fans, just move themselves, its not like there isnt plenty of room thesedays
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 23:46 - Mar 22 with 4676 viewsshoopdelang

Or people in the north stand who are more lively could just move to the green king.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:26 - Mar 23 with 4659 viewsFixed_It

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 20:39 - Mar 22 by The_Romford_Blue

If we moved to the churchmans, the fans currently in there would get the right ump. How dare anyone sing away from the north stand

Sorry Rommy - but that's a load of bollox too!
The SAR is the place to be when Naarwich come to town. It could be the same for every game if people cared enough to join us!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:40 - Mar 23 with 4650 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:26 - Mar 23 by Fixed_It

Sorry Rommy - but that's a load of bollox too!
The SAR is the place to be when Naarwich come to town. It could be the same for every game if people cared enough to join us!

‘The place to be’

Really? I didn’t hear a peep from the south stand when scum came to our ground this year. Be lucky to see them join in with some clapping for Singing The Blues at half time

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:43 - Mar 23 with 4653 viewsBlue_Order

Would the club be so lax on standing if say 200/300 North Standers organised to move to the Churchmans in that corner? If they won’t let us stand at that end, it’d be rubbish.

I’d be up for trying it, but there’s no chance of any decent number of Town fans getting mobilised and actually doing it.
Login to get fewer ads

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:53 - Mar 23 with 4639 viewsbluejake78

It used to be quite lively in the West Stand many years ago.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:55 - Mar 23 with 4638 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:43 - Mar 23 by Blue_Order

Would the club be so lax on standing if say 200/300 North Standers organised to move to the Churchmans in that corner? If they won’t let us stand at that end, it’d be rubbish.

I’d be up for trying it, but there’s no chance of any decent number of Town fans getting mobilised and actually doing it.

I’d try it if I knew a decent number were too.

But I imagine even if a decent amount moved, it would be ruined by the season ticket holders in that area moaning throughout the game that we were ruining the ambiance of their finger sandwiches whilst the stewards spend the whole time wearing themselves at us standing up. Would be a horrendous experience unless it was relaxed like in the north stand.

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 01:07 - Mar 23 with 4628 viewsbluejake78

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:55 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

But I imagine even if a decent amount moved, it would be ruined by the season ticket holders in that area moaning throughout the game that we were ruining the ambiance of their finger sandwiches whilst the stewards spend the whole time wearing themselves at us standing up. Would be a horrendous experience unless it was relaxed like in the north stand.

If they served fish finger sandwiches with onion rings the Churchmans would sell out.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 01:14 - Mar 23 with 4628 viewsBlueStreak

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:55 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Wind your neck in. You have only supported us for about five minutes.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 02:38 - Mar 23 with 4614 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 01:14 - Mar 23 by BlueStreak

I can only apologise on behalf of my parents for me for not being born prior to 1998.

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 04:46 - Mar 23 with 4599 viewsBenters2

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 02:38 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I can only apologise on behalf of my parents for me for not being born prior to 1998.

He does have a point you are coming over all Billy big bolox.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 04:52 - Mar 23 with 4599 viewsBenters2

It would improve it,it was miles better at the Leeds game.

But so would a change of manager with a more exciting brand of football.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 06:22 - Mar 23 with 4578 viewsTractorWood

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 20:41 - Mar 22 by The_Romford_Blue

The point remains the same. The noisiest fans at all five grounds are now nearest the away fans. Even if that wasn’t ‘tradition’ back 50 years ago

I agree PJH is bang on about traditional partisan support but equally if you're coming in blind without going to most grounds every season for the last 50 years you can understand Rommy's point.

I personally think the 2 Leeds ends (behind each goal) are equally loud, both stand and make it uncomfortable for the away side.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 06:30 - Mar 23 with 4577 viewsBenters2

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 00:40 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

‘The place to be’

Really? I didn’t hear a peep from the south stand when scum came to our ground this year. Be lucky to see them join in with some clapping for Singing The Blues at half time

Here you go again slating the town fans!

In that corner on the South stand is where some of the hardcore town fans sit,i doubt they join in on 'more fun if you all join in ' chant.

Funny enough i thought how quiet you were walking down the road from the station in Norwich!

They way you act on here i was expecting you to stride down the road shouting SCUM SCUM SCUM!
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 06:35 - Mar 23 with 4575 viewsTractorWood

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 01:14 - Mar 23 by BlueStreak

He's right though. Churchmans is like a morgue and our STH have a propensity to moan about everything even when the club write to them in 6 months in advance and offer to move them to another empty part of the ground with no atmosphere.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 06:41 - Mar 23 with 4566 viewsBenters2

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 06:35 - Mar 23 by TractorWood

He's right though. Churchmans is like a morgue and our STH have a propensity to moan about everything even when the club write to them in 6 months in advance and offer to move them to another empty part of the ground with no atmosphere.

The North Stand isnt exactly rocking either is it ffs!
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 07:49 - Mar 23 with 4534 viewsportmanroadblue

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 06:35 - Mar 23 by TractorWood

Churchmans rocked in the Premiership and when full and had something to sing about😀😀
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 07:57 - Mar 23 with 4529 viewsManchesterblue

If that's the case the North Stand supporters need to move to Churchmans

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 08:16 - Mar 23 with 4517 viewsm14_blue

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 06:30 - Mar 23 by Benters2

Here you go again slating the town fans!

In that corner on the South stand is where some of the hardcore town fans sit,i doubt they join in on 'more fun if you all join in ' chant.

Funny enough i thought how quiet you were walking down the road from the station in Norwich!

They way you act on here i was expecting you to stride down the road shouting SCUM SCUM SCUM!

Don't be so touchy.

All he's saying is that moving the main singing/standing area is bound to cause conflict with some of those who already have tickets there and don't want to stand and sing. I didn't even see it as any criticism of the south stand lot, just an observation.

I think that's fairly obvious - look at what happened at West Ham when they moved grounds and the singers were split up.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 08:19 - Mar 23 with 4515 viewsblueislander

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 07:49 - Mar 23 by portmanroadblue

Churchmans rocked in the Premiership and when full and had something to sing about😀😀

This is the whole point. The atmosphere would only really improve if exciting and entertaining football were being played. Atmosphere won't improve for the vast majority of fans by placing groups of pretend hooligans trading insults and gestures in close proximity.
Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 08:31 - Mar 23 with 4508 viewsRadlett_blue

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 21:20 - Mar 22 by Pinewoodblue

Wasn't the traditional home end at Baseball Ground behind the goal. Would assume fans moved enbloc but have migrated to the current position closer to away fans.

Can think of a few fans in Legends who wouldn't be happy.

The most vociferous part of the Baseball Ground was the Popside, an abbreviation of Popular Side. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't behind one of the goals.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 08:52 - Mar 23 with 4494 viewsmaccyd9

Move away fans to North Stand end to improve atmosphere on 08:31 - Mar 23 by Radlett_blue

The most vociferous part of the Baseball Ground was the Popside, an abbreviation of Popular Side. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't behind one of the goals.

Yep,their lads were on both sides, primarily the left as you looked at it from the away end.

As for Derby now, they have always been next to the away fans since their move. Originally the away fans were behind the goal so the home lads went in the corner. Then it swapped 2 or 3 years ago.

Forest's main end has always been the Trent end but they then had a lot of lads in the side stand who have mostly now moved to behind the goal next to the away fans.

Leeds' Kop will always be their main end.

As for fans moving. Most clubs have a good sized section that have relocated to be nearer the away fans. We are the exception which I put down to the anticipated reaction from the club.

I can't imagine a scenario whereby the club were open to 300-400 moving to the south lower and allow standing or anything that you would need in order to create an atmosphere.

But if they did, I'd be up for it, know a lot that would and I'm sure it could be done. For me, the North Stand is done. It's soulless and the spark and history was left behind when it was re-built.

At 38 I'm just old enough to remember the West Stand and sat in there for a while and it was cracking. Something remotely like that on a bigger scale is what's needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024