Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... 21:01 - Mar 22 with 2836 viewsDubtractor

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 21:36 - Mar 22 with 2809 viewsBrixtonBlue

Doesn't really fit with what you've posted, but I'm loving these guys at the moment. Debut album just out and it's a cracker.

Lovely story behind the band too - they're from all over thew world and met via music forums and whatsapp groups, apart from the lead singer (who looks about 12 but is actually 18). She was at high school in America and a fan of a previous incarnation of the band, and saw they were playing in Japan when she was over there visiting family. She went to the gig, chatted with the band, and ended up as the lead singer!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:00 - Mar 22 with 2795 viewsDubtractor

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 21:36 - Mar 22 by BrixtonBlue

Doesn't really fit with what you've posted, but I'm loving these guys at the moment. Debut album just out and it's a cracker.

Lovely story behind the band too - they're from all over thew world and met via music forums and whatsapp groups, apart from the lead singer (who looks about 12 but is actually 18). She was at high school in America and a fan of a previous incarnation of the band, and saw they were playing in Japan when she was over there visiting family. She went to the gig, chatted with the band, and ended up as the lead singer!

I like what I've heard of them - proper pop music!

Here is something new and jangly......

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:09 - Mar 22 with 2778 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:00 - Mar 22 by Dubtractor

I like what I've heard of them - proper pop music!

Here is something new and jangly......

Yeah that's quite pleasant. What's a dogtooth?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:14 - Mar 22 with 2769 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:15 - Mar 22 with 2772 viewsDubtractor

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:09 - Mar 22 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah that's quite pleasant. What's a dogtooth?!

No idea. Their album is good though.

As is the Shame album btw - hope to catch them at a festival this year, having missed them at 3 last summer!

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:16 - Mar 22 with 2773 viewsDubtractor

Speaking of bands at festivals.....will definitely be catching these at Green man.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 22:17]

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:20 - Mar 22 with 2764 viewsvapour_trail

I’ve just downloaded the new yo la tengo record to listen to tomorrow in the commute.

So here’s an older one

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:23 - Mar 22 with 2755 viewsDubtractor

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:20 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

I’ve just downloaded the new yo la tengo record to listen to tomorrow in the commute.

So here’s an older one

I need to dig into Yo La Tengo. They are one of the main acts at End of the Road this year and one of those bands that have passed me by a bit.

Login to get fewer ads

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 08:38 - Mar 23 with 2680 viewsbluewein

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 22:20 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

So here’s an older one

The new Yo La Tengo album is bloody lovely.

I'll chuck another oldie in for sh1ts and giggles...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 09:15 - Mar 23 with 2661 viewsBlueBadger

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 21:36 - Mar 22 by BrixtonBlue

That's a good sound, right there. If you'd have told me that a Flaming Lips/Human League could work, I'd have mocked you loudly. And been wrong.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 9:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 09:15 - Mar 23 with 2659 viewsbluewein

Absolutely fallen in love with these guys. Hoping an album/ep is en route this year.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 23:17 - Mar 23 with 2610 viewsDubtractor

Just stumbled across these. This is cracking stuff.

Slightly droney synth rock.

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 00:51 - Mar 24 with 2585 viewsThrobbe

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 23:17 - Mar 23 by Dubtractor

Just stumbled across these. This is cracking stuff.

Slightly droney synth rock.

I like it, but it keeps reminding me of 'A Forest' which is distracting.

Splendid thread, you've surpassed yourselves TWTD, don't think there's a single suggestion that I don't want to learn more about.

Me, I still can't get enough of the 'tron

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Bit quiet on here tonight, how about a Thursday night music thread...... on 12:33 - Mar 24 with 2528 viewseireblue

Kiss2

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024