Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
09:53 - Mar 23 with 6517 views_

"Mummy's not got the money" on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 4832 viewsNo9

I saw that, our family suffered when I was young but, that was just after WW2 so there was an excuse.

There is no excuse now & it really does say a lot about our politicians when they have allowed this to grow and so many are seeing things get worse not better.
on 11:58 - Mar 23 with 4730 views_

"Mummy's not got the money" on 10:21 - Mar 23 by No9

I saw that, our family suffered when I was young but, that was just after WW2 so there was an excuse.

There is no excuse now & it really does say a lot about our politicians when they have allowed this to grow and so many are seeing things get worse not better.

"Mummy's not got the money" on 12:05 - Mar 23 with 4703 viewsnoggin

Waits for a tory voter to tell us we've never had it so good.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

on 15:02 - Mar 23 with 4608 views_

"Mummy's not got the money" on 12:05 - Mar 23 by noggin

"Mummy's not got the money" on 15:06 - Mar 23 with 4602 viewsJ2BLUE

Like you, i'm thankful for what I have. A few small differences and I could be in big trouble rather than comfortable. If I had to pay market rent and hadn't discovered matched betting i'd be in a pretty sh1t situation instead of a very good one.

Hate to see people genuinely struggling. I often wonder what i'd do if I didn't have any of the lifelines i'm lucky enough to have.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) on 16:27 - Mar 23 with 4545 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 11:58 - Mar 23 by _

My wife’s brother seems to get by fine in London with three kids, a wife who doesn’t work and he’s on a min wage job. He runs a car and certainly doesn’t go without food. He has a great flat too
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 16:28]
(No subject) on 16:45 - Mar 23 with 4516 viewsmanchego

(No subject) on 16:27 - Mar 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

My wife’s brother seems to get by fine in London with three kids, a wife who doesn’t work and he’s on a min wage job. He runs a car and certainly doesn’t go without food. He has a great flat too

I honestly don't know how that works.
Where does he live ?
Does he own or rent ?
I lived in London for 25 years and I'm baffled.
(No subject) on 17:12 - Mar 23 with 4480 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

(No subject) on 16:45 - Mar 23 by manchego

I honestly don't know how that works.
Where does he live ?
Does he own or rent ?
I lived in London for 25 years and I'm baffled.

Obviously he has a council flat (one of the nice old ones) and a slew of benefit. I’m not saying they’re rolling in it, but they are ok. One of the kids has a scholarship to a swanky school too
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 17:14 - Mar 23 with 4479 viewsTJS

This is not a problem with British society. Poverty rates in most developed countries are fairly similar.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 17:15]
"Mummy's not got the money" on 17:15 - Mar 23 with 4479 viewsdirtyboy

I think you can blame conservatives and labour before them.

Labour created them, Conservatives made it impossible for them.

There's a lack of social responsibility. I know a single mum, her parents were suffiently well off and offered to have her and the child at home.

She said she 'couldn't handle living with parents again' and now doesn't work and is on UC.

How on earth is that fair to us as tax payers? She's not needy, she's doesn't need the safety net. There are plenty that do.

Family should look after children where they can, my parents grew up sharing bedrooms with their bloody grandparents ffs. The whole lot lived in a 2 up 2 down etc. They coped.

Lines have to be drawn somewhere. I don't know the answer, but this society as it stands has lots of flaws and every government has had a part to play in it.
"Mummy's not got the money" on 17:18 - Mar 23 with 4466 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Good post Libby. If there’s one thing I hate it’s snobbery.

Who was the poster? I vaguely remember something on this but can’t remenebr who it was.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

"Mummy's not got the money" on 17:54 - Mar 23 with 4411 viewsNo9

"Mummy's not got the money" on 17:15 - Mar 23 by dirtyboy

I think you can blame conservatives and labour before them.

Labour created them, Conservatives made it impossible for them.

There's a lack of social responsibility. I know a single mum, her parents were suffiently well off and offered to have her and the child at home.

She said she 'couldn't handle living with parents again' and now doesn't work and is on UC.

How on earth is that fair to us as tax payers? She's not needy, she's doesn't need the safety net. There are plenty that do.

Family should look after children where they can, my parents grew up sharing bedrooms with their bloody grandparents ffs. The whole lot lived in a 2 up 2 down etc. They coped.

Lines have to be drawn somewhere. I don't know the answer, but this society as it stands has lots of flaws and every government has had a part to play in it.

The underclass was created in the 80's, as was the attitude toward the less well off. There were massive tax cuts for the wealthy, what tax cuts the lower paid got were countered with tax allownaces beign cancelled.
Interest rates were cripplign for many and council houses, as good as disappeared.
Noting has been done about that so those at the bottom are suffering & now that Mr Hammond has confirmed the next round of cuts are going ahead the estimate is that another 11 million will be in the same boat.

That is not how a civilised society behaves.
(No subject) on 17:59 - Mar 23 with 4401 viewsuefacup81

(No subject) on 17:14 - Mar 23 by TJS

This is not a problem with British society. Poverty rates in most developed countries are fairly similar.

I'm not accusing you of making the point, but just because it happens elsewhere too, doesn't make it any less wrong.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

(No subject) on 19:02 - Mar 23 with 4334 viewsBloomBlue

on 11:58 - Mar 23 by _

Makes me smile you think it will be better under the momentum party it won't

The only party who have any vision and ideas on this is the greens
(No subject) on 19:06 - Mar 23 with 4323 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) on 16:27 - Mar 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

Well there we have it folks, it’s all a piece of piss quite clearly.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

(No subject) on 19:10 - Mar 23 with 4318 viewsSwansea_Blue

(No subject) on 17:14 - Mar 23 by TJS

I presume you mean not a unique problem. It's certainly a problem if we are struggling to feed our kids nutritious meals (be that a money or/and awareness issue).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) on 19:12 - Mar 23 with 4310 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 19:06 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

He does appear to have an awful brother in law though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) on 19:52 - Mar 23 with 4260 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

(No subject) on 19:06 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

It is though isn’t it? I know someone else just in from South Africa who’s waiting to get a place. You just need to know how to work the system
"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:00 - Mar 23 with 4242 viewsCoastalblue

"Mummy's not got the money" on 17:54 - Mar 23 by No9

The underclass was created in the 80's, as was the attitude toward the less well off. There were massive tax cuts for the wealthy, what tax cuts the lower paid got were countered with tax allownaces beign cancelled.
Interest rates were cripplign for many and council houses, as good as disappeared.
Noting has been done about that so those at the bottom are suffering & now that Mr Hammond has confirmed the next round of cuts are going ahead the estimate is that another 11 million will be in the same boat.

It's not going to change whilst we have career politicians of all persuasions who have no interest beyongd the next ballot box.

If someone tells me Corbyn is different, well I'm sorry I don't believe you.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

(No subject) on 20:01 - Mar 23 with 4241 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) on 19:52 - Mar 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

It is though isn’t it? I know someone else just in from South Africa who’s waiting to get a place. You just need to know how to work the system

Have you got a brother who always did better than you at school, called blue_oyster?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:06 - Mar 23 with 4221 viewsNewcyBlue

"Mummy's not got the money" on 15:06 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

Like you, i'm thankful for what I have. A few small differences and I could be in big trouble rather than comfortable. If I had to pay market rent and hadn't discovered matched betting i'd be in a pretty sh1t situation instead of a very good one.

Hate to see people genuinely struggling. I often wonder what i'd do if I didn't have any of the lifelines i'm lucky enough to have.

When my Mother died I became homeless. If I hadn’t been training to be an officer in the Merch then I have no idea where I would be today.

If I wasn’t at sea or at the Maritime school then I was sleeping in my old Mondeo Estate. I bought it because that was the biggest car I could afford to keep as much stuff as I could.

It’s been a long old road.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:09 - Mar 23 with 4208 viewsJ2BLUE

"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:06 - Mar 23 by NewcyBlue

When my Mother died I became homeless. If I hadn’t been training to be an officer in the Merch then I have no idea where I would be today.

If I wasn’t at sea or at the Maritime school then I was sleeping in my old Mondeo Estate. I bought it because that was the biggest car I could afford to keep as much stuff as I could.

It’s been a long old road.

You've done well mate. From what I know of your story you earnt it as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:12 - Mar 23 with 4194 viewsLord_Lucan

"Mummy's not got the money" on 17:54 - Mar 23 by No9

The thing about the council houses though is that it enabled people to own their own house which they were able to purchase for next to nothing. My father in law purchased his, he would never have been able to own his own home otherwise. It was actually a fantastic thing for people like him, it was a brilliant scheme.

It has gone wrong though - and I will use my father in law as a casing point, now he and his wife has died the house was sold and his children all copped a tidy sum, everyone's a winner! The problem is now that the once council house is no more a council house and it has left the family. What should have happened - and it is all hindsight - is that for every two council houses sold another one should have been built.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:14 - Mar 23 with 4182 viewsNewcyBlue

"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:09 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

You've done well mate. From what I know of your story you earnt it as well.

Cheers mate. I’d say I have done as well as the next man.

We all have different obstacles to overcome. We all find different obstacles difficult.

It’s amazing what you do out of necessity sometimes.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

"Mummy's not got the money" on 20:24 - Mar 23 with 4160 viewsLord_Lucan

"Mummy's not got the money" on 12:05 - Mar 23 by noggin

It's a conundrum that's for sure, life is so different now.

Nowadays kids have mobile phones, getting a takeaway is no longer considered an absolute luxury, we all have possessions that would be unheard of years ago.

I'm trying not to go down the never had it so good route but our first house wasn't just rented, it was rented and shared with the Singh family upstairs - one front door for all of us.

I know that there are some that are very poor but I genuinely think that it has been a lot worse***

*** I am not defending the fact that some people are not getting enough help. Not that I'm an expert but I thing the benefit system is genuinely made to be as difficult as possible for people to even begin to get a claim in.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024