Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by the favourite sweet thread 16:02 - Mar 23 with 2047 viewsColchesterBlue1985

There must be other people who will only eat chocolate when it’s cold and I mean rock solid fridge/freezer cold. The other members of my house hold all eat it at room temperature and it’s horrible and sickly. They think I’m nuts but I can’t be alone??
Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:04 - Mar 23 with 2042 viewshype313

Nooooo, this is an argument I often have with the wife, chocolate shouldn't be in the fridge, if it should then why isn't it sold in fridges in the shop.

I seem to be in the minority though..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:08 - Mar 23 with 2031 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:04 - Mar 23 by hype313

Nooooo, this is an argument I often have with the wife, chocolate shouldn't be in the fridge, if it should then why isn't it sold in fridges in the shop.

Fair point and normally my rule of thumb, where’s it bought is where’s it’s stored. However I can’t fathom the idea of eating chocolate that’s not cold. Easter Egg chocolate especially is very nice cold however sickly and foul at room temp or above.
Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:11 - Mar 23 with 2020 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, cold. My old man always used to keep mars bars in the fridge too. This is back before they made them softer, so they'd set solid and you had to cut slices off with a knife. Mmmm.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:15 - Mar 23 with 2009 viewsLord_Lucan

Not a massive fan of chocolate but yes, it has to be cold. I do quite enjoy a cold Bournville bar

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:23 - Mar 23 with 2000 viewsJoeSoap

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:04 - Mar 23 by hype313

I'm with you on this.

Boost Bars are particularly good when soft but bad when cold and hard.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:24 - Mar 23 with 1995 viewshype313

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:23 - Mar 23 by JoeSoap

I'm with you on this.

Boost Bars are particularly good when soft but bad when cold and hard.

A cold boost could quite conceivably give you a hefty dentist bill!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:29 - Mar 23 with 1981 viewsBluJu

Cold n dark is best... The exception to dark, being Toblerone, but still cold.

On a side note, isn't average climate temperature the reason why American chocolate tastes disgusting? It has to be able to withstand higher average temps on the shelf or something?
Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:33 - Mar 23 with 1980 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:24 - Mar 23 by hype313

A cold boost could quite conceivably give you a hefty dentist bill!

My partner said when I said they should be stored in the fridge in shops the reason there not kept in fridges is you would get one chipped tooth then somebody would sue, H&S gone mad she said.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 16:34]
Login to get fewer ads

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:35 - Mar 23 with 1970 viewsKieran_Knows

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:15 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Not a massive fan of chocolate but yes, it has to be cold. I do quite enjoy a cold Bournville bar

100% this regarding a Bourville bar. I will eat white/milk chocolate at room temperature, but I can only have dark chocolate when it's cold.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:37 - Mar 23 with 1968 viewssolemio

Green and Black's 85% chocolate; definitely NOT cold. That would be as bad as chilling brown ale.
Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:38 - Mar 23 with 1966 viewsITFC_Forever

Definitely prefer it nice and cold so it has a snap to it.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 16:43 - Mar 23 with 1960 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My wife does this.

I generally eat it either way. Sometimes cold improves it (Lindor chocolate balls especially). Generally caramel fillings go too hard and the dental fear is a very real one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 17:13 - Mar 23 with 1933 viewsSporall

I eat all my chocolate from the fridge. Years ago I used to freeze it(!)
Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 17:20 - Mar 23 with 1931 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Never before have I agreed with a TWTD post as much as this.

Hard chocolate from the fridge is 1000000 times better than the melting soft type from room temperature.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Inspired by the favourite sweet thread on 17:23 - Mar 23 with 1927 viewswellsy700

A Kinder Bueno after it's been in the freezer is the absolute dream

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024