Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either 21:04 - Mar 23 with 3593 viewsLord_Lucan

catch up, amazon tv or netflix.

Thanks in advance.

Edit; Forget it Mothers. I've found "Our Friends in the North" on Yoooo tuuube.

I bet I can't get all episodes though!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 21:23]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:22 - Mar 23 with 3560 viewsgreyhound

Amazon have so much good stuff right now
Halt and catch fire is particularly good. 1st season settles all characters in then it goes full throttle second season.
Patriot is very funny
Bosch is a great crime drama
Sneaky Pete has just released season 2 which was equally as good as the first.

Don't waste your time with altered carbon on Netflix its horrific.
The end of the f###ing world on Netflix is great

Ill think of some more and add them in.
I'm assuming you have watched the standard stuff such as stranger things
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:27 - Mar 23 with 3551 viewsLord_Lucan

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:22 - Mar 23 by greyhound

Amazon have so much good stuff right now
Halt and catch fire is particularly good. 1st season settles all characters in then it goes full throttle second season.
Patriot is very funny
Bosch is a great crime drama
Sneaky Pete has just released season 2 which was equally as good as the first.

Don't waste your time with altered carbon on Netflix its horrific.
The end of the f###ing world on Netflix is great

Ill think of some more and add them in.
I'm assuming you have watched the standard stuff such as stranger things

I'll bookmark all those and also bookmark any follow ups - but I refer you to my now edited OP.

Last night I watched 7 Psychopaths (not brilliant) and Deerhunter again.

Deerhunter must be one of the best films of all time, stunningly brilliant.

RKD hasn't seen it, he refuses to watch anything that was made before the 90's, he has a very closed mind.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:34 - Mar 23 with 3532 viewsgreyhound

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:27 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

I'll bookmark all those and also bookmark any follow ups - but I refer you to my now edited OP.

RKD hasn't seen it, he refuses to watch anything that was made before the 90's, he has a very closed mind.

Yeah didn't read the edit not sure if I was to soon or to excited as box sets seem to be my latest episode of geekery. I commute 4 hours a day so. Get to watch a huge volume of stuff. I started listing what I had seen on my phone to make catching up with future series easier but it made me all to aware of how much time I was wasting after completing 19 box sets in January alone.

Feel quite inspired to start reading again after the recent thread
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:36 - Mar 23 with 3526 viewshochiblue

Try Hap & Leonard on Netflix.
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:48 - Mar 23 with 3486 viewsBluespeed225

the series of the 90's! Daniel Craig was great. Mind you, 'This Life' was pretty good. I loved the 90's...
We've been doing all episodes of 'Plebs' on Netflix. Good old fashioned toilet stuff set in 42BC Rome!
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:17 - Mar 23 with 3450 viewsLord_Lucan

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:48 - Mar 23 by Bluespeed225

the series of the 90's! Daniel Craig was great. Mind you, 'This Life' was pretty good. I loved the 90's...
We've been doing all episodes of 'Plebs' on Netflix. Good old fashioned toilet stuff set in 42BC Rome!

Not sure if I've seen Plebs or know what it is.

I loved This Life but at the time I thought I was the only one. Warren showed up on this seasons Marcella but he's a baddie - I can't bear to watch it.

Last night I was trying to find a 90's comedy but without success (might have been 000's) Perfect World with Paul Kaye. I loved that.

Decades are a weird thing. Everyone thought the 70's were sh1te but when they were over everyone reminisced and it's happened every decade since.

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:22 - Mar 23 with 3435 viewsGodzilla

It's becoming harder to find good series to watch as Netflix, Amazon etc rush out muck for the masses, I think Gomorrah on DVD is worth every penny though, if you don't have sky atlantic. Probably all revert to movies again soon.
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:23 - Mar 23 with 3432 viewsBluespeed225

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:17 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure if I've seen Plebs or know what it is.

I loved This Life but at the time I thought I was the only one. Warren showed up on this seasons Marcella but he's a baddie - I can't bear to watch it.

Last night I was trying to find a 90's comedy but without success (might have been 000's) Perfect World with Paul Kaye. I loved that.

Decades are a weird thing. Everyone thought the 70's were sh1te but when they were over everyone reminisced and it's happened every decade since.

Plebs is a comedy series, modern day problems set in ancient Rome. A bit of 'Inbetweeners' about it, and a mad ska/Trojan soundtrack, completely out of step with the sorrounding, but seems to work! Series 4 about to start next month.
Yeah, Warren! his return from travelling as 'Egg's' secret came out at the wedding reception was a 90's highlight, like the end scene of 'Our friends'. Britpop'tastic stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:24 - Mar 23 with 3426 viewssparks

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:48 - Mar 23 by Bluespeed225

Altered Carbon.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:27 - Mar 23 with 3418 viewsimsureazzure

The dramatisations of Ken Bruen's books Starring Iain Glen as maverick PI Jack Taylor are decent on Netflix, based and filmed in Galway ( great city).
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:49 - Mar 23 with 3383 viewsGodzilla

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:27 - Mar 23 by imsureazzure

The dramatisations of Ken Bruen's books Starring Iain Glen as maverick PI Jack Taylor are decent on Netflix, based and filmed in Galway ( great city).

That does look like something I would watch will check it out. Been in Galway a few times think it's alright - not great.
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 23:03 - Mar 23 with 3359 viewsLord_Lucan

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:23 - Mar 23 by Bluespeed225

Plebs is a comedy series, modern day problems set in ancient Rome. A bit of 'Inbetweeners' about it, and a mad ska/Trojan soundtrack, completely out of step with the sorrounding, but seems to work! Series 4 about to start next month.
Yeah, Warren! his return from travelling as 'Egg's' secret came out at the wedding reception was a 90's highlight, like the end scene of 'Our friends'. Britpop'tastic stuff.

I can't remember the end of "Our Friends", wasn't it Geordie walking over the bridge after being refused entry to Toskas party?

The thing about "Our Friends" is that it is fairly accurate over the years, especially with the absolute corruption and greed in the Labour party whilst the rank and file are so willing to give their life to the cause - it then leads on to the new wave of bullying yuppy Conservatives. I had a drink in the Cock and Pye many moons ago with one of the cast, I can't remember his name but he is a very prominent actor, he played a high ranking copper in the series, in fact he is mostly a bent copper in everything he does. He looks like Poirot, but he isn't Poirot. I can't be arsed to look it up.

It's one of those pieces of television that I can watch over and over. A bit like The Falcon and The Snowman and Minder.

And I am still in love with Gina McKee
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 23:18]

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 00:04 - Mar 24 with 3318 viewsCoastalblue

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 21:27 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

That's just weird, the 80's alone is chock a block full of absolute classics before you even go back any further.

Mind you, I guess they are remaking sh1t versions of so many now that he probably has seen a lot of stuff.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 01:19 - Mar 24 with 3255 viewsphillymark

American Vandal.

Brilliantly funny and clever
Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 08:09 - Mar 24 with 3124 viewsSuperfrans

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 22:23 - Mar 23 by Bluespeed225

Yes, Plebs is great. A little known gem.

Also, anyone who hasn’t seen The US Office should give it a shot. Much much better than the UK version, Steve Carell is just brilliant in it. I can watch it over and over.

On the drama side, I watched the film Annihilation last night. Written and directed by Alex Garland, starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Oscar Isaac, it’s pretty good, if you like Arrival, Contact, interstellar type sci fi.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 09:08 - Mar 24 with 3025 viewsnshearman1

Can someone please recommend something to watch on either on 08:09 - Mar 24 by Superfrans

Yes, Plebs is great. A little known gem.

Also, anyone who hasn’t seen The US Office should give it a shot. Much much better than the UK version, Steve Carell is just brilliant in it. I can watch it over and over.

On the drama side, I watched the film Annihilation last night. Written and directed by Alex Garland, starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Oscar Isaac, it’s pretty good, if you like Arrival, Contact, interstellar type sci fi.

This Country - total comedy genius from Cirencester in half-hour nuggets on BBC Iplayer/BBC3, just beginning to win all the awards it richly deserves as series 2 goes out. A must for all Tractor Boys & Girls.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024