Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) 10:42 - Mar 24 with 13999 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

......ok don't enjoy this too much some of you but....
She has received a tidy 6 figure sum but not enough to buy somewhere she/we would want to live. Any simple advice on where to park the money as this is totally out of our comfort zone. (Is it Govt bonds/premium bonds, any worthwhile bank accounts/are there really ethical funds ?). For the last couple of months it has earned precisely nothing, almost like we are pretending it is not there.
Was going to ask Stokie but he went and bloody left......

Other than investing in a sh1t load of drugs and/or sending it to the YPG any suggestions?

Edit......in light of the first couple of replies I have realised this could become the usual 'International break thread'......oh joy !
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 15:25]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:54 - Mar 24 with 2766 viewsLord_Lucan

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:50 - Mar 24 by LeoMuff

Only if j2 confirms no offence was taken

You’re talking about a man who eats hard eggs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:55 - Mar 24 with 2765 viewsRyorry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:49 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're that person Ryorry warned me about aren't you!
Put it this way around Fram (where we need to stay) a 3/4 acre plot in the sticks goes for about £150,000 before putting up say a scandi flat pack house and we can't afford to do that. We currently rent on one year renewable tenency so the security isn't great but we love it here.....in the long run we need to hope for a doer upper but it's what to do in the meantime. I shall be asking Keno as advised.

Or stick it all on one of the 22 runners in the Lincoln (3.35 Doncaster)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:55 - Mar 24 with 2764 viewsLeoMuff

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:54 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

You’re talking about a man who eats hard eggs.

What ?? Sick puppy, carry on the abuse sir.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:56 - Mar 24 with 2764 viewsBenters2

Give it to Rommy he will double your money on the horses something like that,erm no dont.
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:01 - Mar 24 with 2753 viewsLord_Lucan

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:55 - Mar 24 by LeoMuff

What ?? Sick puppy, carry on the abuse sir.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:02 - Mar 24 with 2752 viewsfactual_blue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:27 - Mar 24 by Eireannach_gorm

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:10 - Mar 24 with 2734 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:55 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

Or stick it all on one of the 22 runners in the Lincoln (3.35 Doncaster)

Ok which one ?

Edit I have put all on Grey Britain......lucky no.13 !
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 13:15]

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:29 - Mar 24 with 2704 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:10 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ok which one ?

Imagine it that actually comes in now!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:33 - Mar 24 with 2698 viewsNo9

Buy a house in Spain /Portugal - sign up to their system
Rent out your house in the UK (where unless they bring in rent controls you will be able to make more pcm than any other investment) & live a good life in a better climate

Go for it
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:44 - Mar 24 with 2684 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:29 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Imagine it that actually comes in now!

It bloody better!

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:47 - Mar 24 with 2681 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:33 - Mar 24 by No9

Buy a house in Spain /Portugal - sign up to their system
Rent out your house in the UK (where unless they bring in rent controls you will be able to make more pcm than any other investment) & live a good life in a better climate

Go for it

I think the landlord may have something to say about that and it would be a hell of a school run but I am with you on the sentiment.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 14:47]

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:49 - Mar 24 with 2680 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Buy a watch

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:01 - Mar 24 with 2670 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:49 - Mar 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Buy a watch

I already made this joke AGES ago Rommers!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:17 - Mar 24 with 2649 viewssparks

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:35 - Mar 24 by connorscontract

100% true.

You really ought to refrain frmo posting if you are going to make silly accusations based on innaccurate facts, and then firmly assert that they are "100% true".

There is not a single non church school in respect of which we fall in the relevant cactchment area. All 4 state schools which we would have had any real prospect of getting into are church schools.

You are therefore absolutely incorrect in your assertion that "others schools were available but not suitable"

I await your apology.

In the meantime, you should perhaps consider the meaning of hypocrisy as well- as your understanding appears rather narrow and innaccurate.

To take the stance that churches and religions really ought not to be given the ability to indocrinate young children at state expense is not actually in conflict with the idea of sending one's child to the best available school which, overall, will serve them best in the long term. Not that that is relevant given that all 4 available schools are church schools...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:20 - Mar 24 with 2643 viewsRyorry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 13:10 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ok which one ?

My £0.50p e/w! is on Dark Red @ 14/1 - 5 places b365

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:22 - Mar 24 with 2639 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:17 - Mar 24 by sparks

You really ought to refrain frmo posting if you are going to make silly accusations based on innaccurate facts, and then firmly assert that they are "100% true".

There is not a single non church school in respect of which we fall in the relevant cactchment area. All 4 state schools which we would have had any real prospect of getting into are church schools.

You are therefore absolutely incorrect in your assertion that "others schools were available but not suitable"

I await your apology.

In the meantime, you should perhaps consider the meaning of hypocrisy as well- as your understanding appears rather narrow and innaccurate.

To take the stance that churches and religions really ought not to be given the ability to indocrinate young children at state expense is not actually in conflict with the idea of sending one's child to the best available school which, overall, will serve them best in the long term. Not that that is relevant given that all 4 available schools are church schools...

Depends what you mean by "relevant catchment area" I guess.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:25 - Mar 24 with 2636 viewssparks

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:22 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Depends what you mean by "relevant catchment area" I guess.

That would be the catchment area in which one has priority as a result of where one lives, and can therefore secure a place...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:28 - Mar 24 with 2633 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:17 - Mar 24 by sparks

I await your apology.

Are you talking about CofE schools? If so they don't really count as religious anyway
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:30 - Mar 24 with 2629 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:01 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

I already made this joke AGES ago Rommers!

Well this is a personal low..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:33 - Mar 24 with 2625 viewssparks

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:28 - Mar 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Are you talking about CofE schools? If so they don't really count as religious anyway

One is catholic. The others are cofe. I remain firmly of the view that it is wrong for state schools to effectively sponsor religions at public expense, or to teach children religious assertions as if they were facts- in a place where children get their information on how the world works and trust their teachers to tell them things which are true and accurate.

It is particularly objectionable when all of the available schools are religous.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:34 - Mar 24 with 2623 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:25 - Mar 24 by sparks

That would be the catchment area in which one has priority as a result of where one lives, and can therefore secure a place...

"Priority". So could I assume you could've got in somewhere further afield but you wouldn't have been a priority? Not having a pop - genuinely don't know how these things work, not having kids myself.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:37 - Mar 24 with 2622 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:33 - Mar 24 by sparks

One is catholic. The others are cofe. I remain firmly of the view that it is wrong for state schools to effectively sponsor religions at public expense, or to teach children religious assertions as if they were facts- in a place where children get their information on how the world works and trust their teachers to tell them things which are true and accurate.

It is particularly objectionable when all of the available schools are religous.

I went to a CofE many years ago. The only mention of religion was the singing of a hymn at morning assembly. I doubt they even do that now.

What is your experience from your kids school?
Have a massive PAAAARTY on 14:47 - Mar 24 with 2610 viewsDyland

Obvs :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:49 - Mar 24 with 2608 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:20 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

My £0.50p e/w! is on Dark Red @ 14/1 - 5 places b365

Oh no! What have I done?

Edit....and yours is the obvious lefty choice!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 14:50]

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:53 - Mar 24 with 2600 viewsRyorry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 14:49 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Oh no! What have I done?

Edit....and yours is the obvious lefty choice!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 14:50]

Just as well ITFC Blue isn't a runner, I'd probably have picked it & it'd probably have come 14th!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024