Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
German Kebab house - quick review. 20:44 - Mar 24 with 1199 viewsartsbossbeard

Second visit, second order mishap and we weren't the only ones. Too many customers, not enough staff BUT they are advertising for bodies.

The food is actually really good and decent value. You need to take on the flaming fries as a side but make sure you've got something to drink still. I went for the mixed doner meal and it was a taste sensation - I really liked the crispy waffle bread, it worked vey well.

So, order mishaps, elongated waits for food and general behind the scenes chaos but worth hanging around for the food. 8.8987987/10
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 20:45]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

German Kebab house - quick review. on 21:46 - Mar 24 with 1106 viewsbournemouthblue

I have also been twice, the first time I went for just beef, the second time I went for the mixed option and it is probably the better of the two imho. It's alright but not so much better than a traditional Kebab that I'd go running for it.

They're not the fastest servers bless 'em, despite having a small army in the kitchen. I'd prefer if they brought you the food on a plate as they would in a standard sit down restaurant, it cheapens the feel and the experience a little bit for me.

If they're after a Nandos style clientele then they need to offer a similar experience.

They seem better setup for takeaways which are bound to be a winner but they need to enhance the eating in experience.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 23:46]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

German Kebab house - quick review. on 22:37 - Mar 24 with 1055 viewsBackToRussia

Yeah they've clearly hired subnormal staff and not given them any training. The manager just stands their barking at them how to wrap a fookin kebab up and watches them hash it up 5 times before he goes and shows them how to do it. Like mate just make my fookin kebab tout suite you rem.

Not warm and not worth £8. Avoid until they actually work how to do eet.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

German Kebab house - quick review. on 22:58 - Mar 24 with 1027 viewsLord_Lucan

German Kebab house - quick review. on 22:37 - Mar 24 by BackToRussia

Yeah they've clearly hired subnormal staff and not given them any training. The manager just stands their barking at them how to wrap a fookin kebab up and watches them hash it up 5 times before he goes and shows them how to do it. Like mate just make my fookin kebab tout suite you rem.

Not warm and not worth £8. Avoid until they actually work how to do eet.

I must have gone on a good day. Everything was fine and two meal deals at £15 was quite cheap, especially as the coke was in a glass bottle rather than the syrup stuff. If I had one gripe there wasn’t a mass of meat but then again I’m a bit of a glutton.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

German Kebab house - quick review. on 23:01 - Mar 24 with 1020 viewsBackToRussia

German Kebab house - quick review. on 22:58 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

I must have gone on a good day. Everything was fine and two meal deals at £15 was quite cheap, especially as the coke was in a glass bottle rather than the syrup stuff. If I had one gripe there wasn’t a mass of meat but then again I’m a bit of a glutton.

I've gone twice and they seem to have been in barely suppressed panic mode both times. I guess that's cool since they just opened but yeah bit unnecessary.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024