Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Straw poll - who still smokes? 12:14 - Mar 26 with 12754 viewsunbelievablue

How frequently? Which brand? Roll-ups or straights? Just when you're drunk? At work?

I had a couple in February on 'Superbowl night' but before then I can't recall the last one I had.

I read a stat that in 1974 as much as 45% of the UK population smoked. That is mental.

Let's leave cannabis out of it for now, I'm talking tobacco.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:33 - Mar 26 with 5924 viewsJ4ck22

I've never even tried it to be honest. Never once been tempted.
Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:36 - Mar 26 with 5916 viewsJ2BLUE

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:33 - Mar 26 by J4ck22

I've never even tried it to be honest. Never once been tempted.

Same, although I do like the look of vaping. Not that i'm going to try that either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:42 - Mar 26 with 5893 viewsunbelievablue

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:36 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Same, although I do like the look of vaping. Not that i'm going to try that either.

When you say 'the look of vaping', what do you like?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:45 - Mar 26 with 5889 viewsJ2BLUE

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:42 - Mar 26 by unbelievablue

When you say 'the look of vaping', what do you like?

Good question. I think it's just because I was with a group of people all drinking and everyone but me vaping. Plus some of the flavours sound interesting.

So yea, not a major temptation but you know what I mean.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:46 - Mar 26 with 5880 viewsunbelievablue

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:45 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Good question. I think it's just because I was with a group of people all drinking and everyone but me vaping. Plus some of the flavours sound interesting.

Get down a shisha bar! I love shisha and it has a more social feel to it than vaping at the pub.

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:51 - Mar 26 with 5849 viewsgainsboroughblue

I 'gave up regular smoking about 10 years ago. Still smoke when I go out drinking though. That's the aspect of the habit I'm not sure I'll ever shake off.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:53 - Mar 26 with 5844 viewsunbelievablue

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:51 - Mar 26 by gainsboroughblue

I 'gave up regular smoking about 10 years ago. Still smoke when I go out drinking though. That's the aspect of the habit I'm not sure I'll ever shake off.

Depends how much you booze doesn't it? I still drink very regularly but the fags don't interest me as much anymore. I think that might have something to do with moving to London though, where the pubs I frequent aren't typically that suited to smoking.

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:56 - Mar 26 with 5833 viewsgainsboroughblue

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:53 - Mar 26 by unbelievablue

Depends how much you booze doesn't it? I still drink very regularly but the fags don't interest me as much anymore. I think that might have something to do with moving to London though, where the pubs I frequent aren't typically that suited to smoking.

Once a week really at most these days.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:58 - Mar 26 with 5827 viewsuefacup81

Still smoke a pipe now and then.

Perhaps a bowl or two of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe once or twice a month.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:00 - Mar 26 with 5817 viewsunbelievablue

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:58 - Mar 26 by uefacup81

Still smoke a pipe now and then.

Perhaps a bowl or two of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe once or twice a month.

My mate and occasional poster WarktheWark used to smoke a pipe. Bearing in mind this was c.5 years ago and we're only 27 now, he looked ridiculous.

If you're reading this, you nutter, do you still have it?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:01 - Mar 26 with 5816 viewsEJP

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 12:45 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Vaping question - I assume you can adjust how much of a cloud can be produced? If so, why do people feel they have to produce one that covers everyone within 6 feet?!
Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:05 - Mar 26 with 5803 viewsfooters

Stupidly I'm still on 15-20 rollies a day. Smoke B&H Silver now that the bloody do-gooders took away Gold.

Sat here with a fag in my ashtray and a vape right in front of me. My willpower is virtually non-existent. Though I'll never smoke around my mum. Her upcoming birthday celebrations leave me little choice but to cut out the fags!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:05 - Mar 26 with 5797 viewsfooters

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:01 - Mar 26 by EJP

Vaping question - I assume you can adjust how much of a cloud can be produced? If so, why do people feel they have to produce one that covers everyone within 6 feet?!

Ancient smoke signals. They indicate the location of complete tw0nks to one another, presumably for mating purposes.

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:08 - Mar 26 with 5783 viewsflimflam

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:01 - Mar 26 by EJP

You can based on the e-liquid content of Propylene Glycol (PG) or Vegetable Glycerin (VG).
Having one of them, not sure which higher gives more smoke.

I always get 50:50 mixture so nice taste and hit and enough smoke to not look a knob.

I vape after quiting fags and do it to stop me smoking so am after throat hit and taste rather than a cloud of smoke

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:17 - Mar 26 with 5747 viewsTownly

I read somewhere that Western Europe has the lowest % of tobacco smokers in the world although don't think/know if the stuff is used much in India.

The Russians smoke a lot as they do in parts of Africa and most of Asia. I believe it remains popular in the Spanish/Portguese countries.

Legislation has gone a long way in the UK.
Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:18 - Mar 26 with 5749 viewsgiant_stow

I smoke mayfair sky blue - probably best part of 20 a day and have done for 20 odd years.

Have a vapey thing for the office, but not one of the high-powered ones that knocks out tons of smoke.

rreading the alan Carr book after a recent health scare (which was a false alarm, but still...). I still haven't clocked why everyone says this book is amazing or why it will take away the cravings, but onwards...

Also, how does a smoker give up but carry on with the odd J? There seems to be no idea answer other than pures which knock me out and cost loads.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:18 - Mar 26 with 5745 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Gave up about 4 years ago but still smoke when out drinking. Tailors only - never got on with rookies for some reason, just too much of a faff. Silver Lamberts typically but occasionally Silver B&H or Marlboro Lights if I couldn’t get L&B for any reason

Consumption very low due to current circumstances, but typically climbs during Summer or December...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:22 - Mar 26 with 5728 viewsWarkTheWark

I smoke very rarely & also love shisha.

That said every time i leave the country (especially with without mrs) i revert to 16 year old wtw & smoke loads.
Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:22 - Mar 26 with 5724 viewsfooters

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:18 - Mar 26 by giant_stow

I smoke mayfair sky blue - probably best part of 20 a day and have done for 20 odd years.

Have a vapey thing for the office, but not one of the high-powered ones that knocks out tons of smoke.

rreading the alan Carr book after a recent health scare (which was a false alarm, but still...). I still haven't clocked why everyone says this book is amazing or why it will take away the cravings, but onwards...

Also, how does a smoker give up but carry on with the odd J? There seems to be no idea answer other than pures which knock me out and cost loads.

Get a herb vaporiser? I know it's not the same but seems like the only other option if you want to quit the baccy.

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:25 - Mar 26 with 5709 viewsunbelievablue

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:22 - Mar 26 by WarkTheWark

I smoke very rarely & also love shisha.

That said every time i leave the country (especially with without mrs) i revert to 16 year old wtw & smoke loads.

See my reply to someone else referencing your weird pipe phase?

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:32 - Mar 26 with 5693 viewsgiant_stow

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:22 - Mar 26 by footers

Get a herb vaporiser? I know it's not the same but seems like the only other option if you want to quit the baccy.

something to google later - ta!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:32 - Mar 26 with 5688 viewsunbelievablue

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:32 - Mar 26 by giant_stow

something to google later - ta!

I don't mean to be...BLUNT...but...

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:32 - Mar 26 with 5687 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:18 - Mar 26 by giant_stow

If you want to quit but can't find the willpower go to an NHS clinic and they'll stick you on Champix. Works a treat.

Re your last point the answer is you can't really. Not with baccy anyway... one fag fires up the receptors again
Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:33 - Mar 26 with 5672 viewsgiant_stow

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:32 - Mar 26 by unbelievablue

I don't mean to be...BLUNT...but...

wahaay!

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:35 - Mar 26 with 5662 viewsgiant_stow

Straw poll - who still smokes? on 13:32 - Mar 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

If you want to quit but can't find the willpower go to an NHS clinic and they'll stick you on Champix. Works a treat.

Re your last point the answer is you can't really. Not with baccy anyway... one fag fires up the receptors again

Champix - noted. it may well come to that. running out of time to sort this. And absolutely on your second para - don't want to go to the trouble of giving up just to blow it down the line.

edit: ta all.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 13:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024