Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive 18:48 - Mar 27 with 1778 viewsJ2BLUE

football...

"regrettably there has been some matches...it is a very, very tough league as you would understand and sometimes it doesn't come together, sometimes you play teams that is there to block us, uh, and block the play and that makes it very unattractive"

Thoughts? Everything i've read from ST holders would suggest that isn't true. Is he right?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 18:52 - Mar 27 with 1717 viewsfactual_blue

I'd infer from his words that he's as knowledgeable about football as you are about eggs.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 18:55 - Mar 27 with 1693 viewsconnorscontract

The reality is that all too often Mick has set us up to play for a point, or sat back and defended a One-Nil lead. We are the ones blocking, all too often.

So that explanation doesn't wash with me.

But until ME comes out and says whether Mick is staying or not, he can't say much else.

"No we can't play attractive football on this budget" is kamikaze as Season Ticket Renewals begin.

"Yes we could, but Mick won't" is kamikaze if ME ends up keeping Mick on.

So: "We could, but the other nasty teams don't let us" is the best he can manage.
Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 18:56 - Mar 27 with 1690 viewsmonty_radio

There's no entry from there into any sort of useful dialogue, really.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 18:56 - Mar 27 with 1678 viewsSpruceMoose

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 18:52 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

I'd infer from his words that he's as knowledgeable about football as you are about eggs.

He ded.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 19:49 - Mar 27 with 1487 viewsWickets

For me whatever team you are, whatever players you have, you must find a balance between attack and defence. Many teams just sit away from home, then try to hit on the break and i suppose Mick could make a case for saying that we have done that pretty well this season. At home if you dont offer more that that, you tend to end up both teams just sitting back . That ends up just dull and boring. I feel we just have to find a way of getting on the front foot at home as we did in the early season matches.
Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 19:57 - Mar 27 with 1433 viewsPinewoodblue

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 19:49 - Mar 27 by Wickets

For me whatever team you are, whatever players you have, you must find a balance between attack and defence. Many teams just sit away from home, then try to hit on the break and i suppose Mick could make a case for saying that we have done that pretty well this season. At home if you dont offer more that that, you tend to end up both teams just sitting back . That ends up just dull and boring. I feel we just have to find a way of getting on the front foot at home as we did in the early season matches.

Suppose the theory is if you are too adventurous you risk the chance of losing more games than you win. We seem to be getting the worst of both in as much as we lack adventure but are still managing to lose more than we win.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 20:11 - Mar 27 with 1376 viewsolimar

Milne's reply when asked if the squad is strong enough to play attractive on 19:49 - Mar 27 by Wickets

I think the away form for 5 months was pretty questionable too. We were very cautious, played heavily on the percentages (i.e. sit back, look to sneak a goal from a set piece) and had 3 wins in 15 away games prior to those back to back wins over Preston and Sheff Wed.

Those 3 wins were over the worst team in the league (who had gone a whole year without a home win), a last minute winner against the 2nd worst team and the win at Derby, which was a great result, despite Derby dominating the match.

We went into every game looking to nullify the opposition and our only chances were generally from set pieces. It was a pretty boring approach.

Although xG is a fairly experimental concept and needs a bit of work, it isnt a surprise that it shows we dont create many good chances, whilst we give up a lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024