Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen and Bart 08:11 - Mar 28 with 5882 viewsSomethingBlue

Jonas definitely took his chance last night — saw bits of the game and he looked perfectly at home (they used his long throw quite a lot too), and the response in Denmark has been been very good. From the Politiken newspaper: "If the benchmark was this one match, the national team's challenge to find the right left-back for the World Cup would be over." Might just have played his way into serious World Cup contention from an outsider's position, would be brilliant for him.

Where Bart's concerned it looks 50/50 — Skorupski made a few good saves as far as I could tell but was then beaten twice late on, although it would be harsh to blame him overly for either. Will come down to factors beyond the games themselves I expect.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Knudsen and Bart on 08:12 - Mar 28 with 4582 viewsSteve_M

Good to hear on Jonas. His improvement over his time here is a definite positive for the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Knudsen and Bart on 08:13 - Mar 28 with 4570 viewschicoazul

Jonas is awesome and has improved so much. Gonna be difficult to hang on to him if he does go to the WC, werent Wolves in for him last summer?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Knudsen and Bart on 08:17 - Mar 28 with 4563 viewsBlueBadger

Knudsen and Bart on 08:12 - Mar 28 by Steve_M

Good to hear on Jonas. His improvement over his time here is a definite positive for the club.

For me, he's POTS. His attitude, professionalism and consistent year-on-year improvement wins it for me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Knudsen and Bart on 08:18 - Mar 28 with 4555 viewschicoazul

Knudsen and Bart on 08:17 - Mar 28 by BlueBadger

For me, he's POTS. His attitude, professionalism and consistent year-on-year improvement wins it for me.

Me too. I have a soft spot for players who really look like they love playing for Ipswich and he definitely does.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Knudsen and Bart on 08:43 - Mar 28 with 4457 viewsGuthrum

Knudsen and Bart on 08:18 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

Me too. I have a soft spot for players who really look like they love playing for Ipswich and he definitely does.

On top of that, his confidence to take a shot at goal. May not always be on target, but at least he has a go and puts some power behind it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Knudsen and Bart on 08:54 - Mar 28 with 4423 viewsSomethingBlue

Knudsen and Bart on 08:12 - Mar 28 by Steve_M

Yep. And I keep thinking it's funny that, even though the general trend is to be down on the club and the team, two of our players have a genuine chance of making it to the World Cup with really good football nations. Might happen, might not, but none of it does Town's reputation as a platform to fulfil your ambitions any harm.

Knudsen and Bart on 08:59 - Mar 28 with 4388 viewsKieran_Knows

About time an out-field player wins it as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Knudsen and Bart on 09:04 - Mar 28 with 4368 viewswkj

And to think he was the boo boy for a good chunk of the season last year. I often said I believed he would improve, and am happy he did so

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Knudsen and Bart on 09:07 - Mar 28 with 4360 viewsartsbossbeard

Going back a 2 maybe 3 seasons when he was still having to prove himself to our UEFA B level badged fans, we were getting a bashing at Charlton away and I believe we were 3 down when Jonas went on this determined run down the left.

It didn't amount to anything BUT there was something in his demeanour and his facial expression that made me think that he's got something about him and there's a player here.

He scores against Norwich too, so he's all good. He deserves some credit.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Knudsen and Bart on 09:17 - Mar 28 with 4316 viewsPhilTWTD

Good to hear re Jonas. Not sure Bart can be judged on his 45 minutes alone as I gather from a Polish fan Nigeria's only shot on target in that game was the penalty.
Knudsen and Bart on 09:21 - Mar 28 with 4271 viewsBasuco

During his early days at Town Jonas took more than a few "full and frank" ear bashings from Chambo and always took it as help and advice and never got upset or shouted back, that attitude to wanting to learn and progress indicated that maybe he could progress to a more than decent left back. Winning games is so important to him as well and it is obvious that he is really enjoying his football at the moment and I think there is still much more improvement to come from him and has become a very good left back of left CB in a back three.
Knudsen and Bart on 09:21 - Mar 28 with 4273 viewsSomethingBlue

Knudsen and Bart on 09:17 - Mar 28 by PhilTWTD

Good to hear re Jonas. Not sure Bart can be judged on his 45 minutes alone as I gather from a Polish fan Nigeria's only shot on target in that game was the penalty.

Bart had nothing to do in his game except claim a couple of crosses and distribute the ball, all of which he did well enough. Not really sure if that works to his favour or not!

Knudsen and Bart on 11:09 - Mar 28 with 4102 viewsFixed_It

Knudsen and Bart on 09:21 - Mar 28 by Basuco

During his early days at Town Jonas took more than a few "full and frank" ear bashings from Chambo and always took it as help and advice and never got upset or shouted back, that attitude to wanting to learn and progress indicated that maybe he could progress to a more than decent left back. Winning games is so important to him as well and it is obvious that he is really enjoying his football at the moment and I think there is still much more improvement to come from him and has become a very good left back of left CB in a back three.

His ability to slot seamlessly into part of a back three is very impressive. Looked like he'd been doing it all his life. I like him, but he is seriously under-appreciated by some.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Knudsen and Bart on 11:18 - Mar 28 with 4082 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Knudsen and Bart on 09:07 - Mar 28 by artsbossbeard

Going back a 2 maybe 3 seasons when he was still having to prove himself to our UEFA B level badged fans, we were getting a bashing at Charlton away and I believe we were 3 down when Jonas went on this determined run down the left.

It didn't amount to anything BUT there was something in his demeanour and his facial expression that made me think that he's got something about him and there's a player here.

He scores against Norwich too, so he's all good. He deserves some credit.

I think Knudsen has come on a lot in the last 18 months. I wasn't a fan initially but accept I was wrong.
Knudsen and Bart on 07:18 - Mar 29 with 3726 viewsBlueNomad

Do prebbs007 or prebsa have anything to say on the subject? “Worst fullback in the Championship etc......”
Knudsen and Bart on 09:33 - Mar 29 with 3605 viewsclive_baker

I hope he has a stormer of World Cup and some clown offers 8 mil for him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Knudsen and Bart on 09:39 - Mar 29 with 3579 viewsBackToRussia

Knudsen and Bart on 09:33 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Um why?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Knudsen and Bart on 09:39 - Mar 29 with 3579 viewsKieran_Knows

Knudsen and Bart on 09:33 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Hopefully Steve McClaren spends the 8m a bit more wisely though!

Jonas is my player of the year.... on 09:39 - Mar 29 with 3577 viewsBloots

...as a few others have said.

He looks like he genuinely enjoys being here and is one of the most passionate players we have.

He seems the type of character that would be thrilled to win the player of the year award, and it would possibly improve his confidence and then in turn performances.

It's shame that all the fanboys will probably vote for Bart.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

You mean the £250K? (n/t) on 09:40 - Mar 29 with 3569 viewsBloots

Knudsen and Bart on 09:39 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Hopefully Steve McClaren spends the 8m a bit more wisely though!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Knudsen and Bart on 09:47 - Mar 29 with 3554 viewsReuser_is_God

Knudsen and Bart on 09:39 - Mar 29 by BackToRussia

Um why?

Because he’s not very good?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Knudsen and Bart on 09:47 - Mar 29 with 3550 viewsKieran_Knows

Knudsen and Bart on 09:47 - Mar 29 by Reuser_is_God

Because he’s not very good?

Are you going on Monday?

Knudsen and Bart on 09:48 - Mar 29 with 3539 viewsReuser_is_God

Knudsen and Bart on 09:47 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Are you going on Monday?

Yes, beers at 12/12:30?

Evans out

Knudsen and Bart on 09:50 - Mar 29 with 3529 viewsKieran_Knows

Knudsen and Bart on 09:48 - Mar 29 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, beers at 12/12:30?

Good stuff. Yes buh, Degeros?

Knudsen and Bart on 09:50 - Mar 29 with 3523 viewsReuser_is_God

Knudsen and Bart on 09:50 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Good stuff. Yes buh, Degeros?

Yeah mate.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024