Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract players 09:08 - Mar 28 with 6357 viewshype313

Didzy, Hyam, Bishop, Bru, Gleeson, Carayol, Crowe.

I'd say keep Bishop for another season, just to see how he does fully fit (If poss) Not sure about Crowe, haven't seen enough to make a judgement. The rest can go for me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Out of contract players (n/t) on 09:12 - Mar 28 with 5682 viewsRudyard83

I'd keep Hyam and Bishop on 1 year deals. Maybe Crowe as a 3rd choice. The rest can go, apart from Carayol who seems as though he could be good, but we need to see him fully fit to make a proper judgement really
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 9:13]
Out of contract players on 09:14 - Mar 28 with 5657 viewsKieran_Knows

Keep Bishop, and let the rest go.

Let Steve McClaren start with a fresh slate ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Out of contract players (n/t) on 09:19 - Mar 28 with 5623 viewsRadlett_blue

Out of contract players (n/t) on 09:12 - Mar 28 by Rudyard83

I'd keep Hyam and Bishop on 1 year deals. Maybe Crowe as a 3rd choice. The rest can go, apart from Carayol who seems as though he could be good, but we need to see him fully fit to make a proper judgement really
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 9:13]

Bart seems likely to be on his way in the summer as he hasn't signed his new contract.
Crowe has played very little senior football & at 22 he needs to play some games somewhere so either get rid or if he is rated, loan him out somewhere next season. Would make sense to give him a couple of first team games before the season's over.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Out of contract players on 09:22 - Mar 28 with 5608 viewswkj

For me it would be (based purely on opinion, not fact)

Keep:
Bru - Despite Mick calling time on him, he came into the squad when we were borked and did a decent job. If he can accept being a squad player, I think he is a decent deputy

Crowe - Decent young keeper, by the time Bart is ready to retire, Crowe will be at that stage when he should be aiming to be close to the standards of a first team keeper - worth investing in his development a bit longer

Bishop - Very unlucky, Very fragile, Questionable Attitude (judging by other's posts) I think Bishop should be given a short contract and one last roll of the dice. If he gets naffed up again, then its clear his body isn't up to being reliable. I hope its all a case of super bad luck, though his time is ticking for me.

Carayol - Haven't seen much of him, but the little we saw was encouraging and certainly worth a season to see what he can do for us.

Should Go:

Didzy - I think we all know he is good, but not reliable and possibly discontent

Hyam - Some sad injuries for him, though he looks like he's playing near his full potential now which I don't think cuts it

Gleeson - I haven't been inspired by him at all this season, whilst he was out of practice when he arrived, you'd expect a play who is playing for a contract to bust a gut- if he was offered terms I think it would be a real danger he could get worse and complacent
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 9:24]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Out of contract players on 09:24 - Mar 28 with 5590 viewshomer_123

Keep Hyam, Bishop, Crowe and possible Carayol (as he's actually a decent wide player).

Didzy looks like he wants to go, Bru is clearly leaving and Gleeson isn't up to it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Out of contract players on 09:28 - Mar 28 with 5560 viewsBasuco

I would definitely keep Hyam, Bish, Carayol and Crowe, Luke has been improving with every game and is getting back to the great form he had prior to his injury and deserves another year at least.
Out of contract players on 09:32 - Mar 28 with 5534 viewsclive_baker

McGoldrick has been great, and as good as anyone on his day but I feel like his time here is at an end.

I would keep Bishop, 1 more year given we know how good he could be if he can get fit.

Let all the rest move on IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Out of contract players on 09:34 - Mar 28 with 5528 viewsWallingford_Boy

Keep Carayol and Crowe.

Rest can go, Bish and Hyam are just too much of a liability.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract players on 09:46 - Mar 28 with 5487 viewsGuthrum

Is Bishop going to be able to get fit and maintain that for anything like a whole season? He's played less than three hours of football in a year. Missed the majority of 2015-16 as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Out of contract players on 09:49 - Mar 28 with 5476 viewshype313

Out of contract players on 09:46 - Mar 28 by Guthrum

Is Bishop going to be able to get fit and maintain that for anything like a whole season? He's played less than three hours of football in a year. Missed the majority of 2015-16 as well.

That's the $64k question, who knows, and whilst I agree he's not played anywhere near enough football, he has had some nasty injuries and I just think one more season would be wise.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Out of contract players on 10:42 - Mar 28 with 5381 viewsmonty_radio

If we found we were able to say we'd keep Crowe only, I think that would prove we had moved to a position where we could genuinely face the future confidently.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 10:42]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Out of contract players on 10:46 - Mar 28 with 5361 viewsJ2BLUE

McGoldrick's time looks to be up. Same for Bru.

Not sure about the rest of them but I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Hyam move on.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see MM tell Evans to get Hyam tied down for a new manager so we might not have the choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Out of contract players on 10:47 - Mar 28 with 5354 viewsKieran_Knows

Out of contract players on 10:46 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

McGoldrick's time looks to be up. Same for Bru.

Not sure about the rest of them but I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Hyam move on.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see MM tell Evans to get Hyam tied down for a new manager so we might not have the choice.

I suspect if Mick is still here, Hyam's contract will get extended.

However, if a new manager takes charge I imagine the club will take up the 1 year extension in his deal, new manager takes a look at him in pre-season, and then either use him, or look to sell/loan out.

Out of contract players on 11:04 - Mar 28 with 5298 viewsstig4532

Didzy - let go on a free - not been 100% and would free up a fair amount on wages
Hyam - 1 year deal - showed drive to get into the team, been unfortunate with injuries
Bishop - 1 year + option for another year - too much potential to let go for nothing
Bru - let go showed flair when he joined but youngsters should be ahead of him
Gleeson - 1 year deal - good bench option
Carayol - 1 year deal - needs to prove fitness but effort + performances warrant deal imo
Crowe - 2 year deal - called up for Wales and should be No.2 choice keeper
Out of contract players on 11:05 - Mar 28 with 5297 viewsPilgrimblue

Out of contract players on 10:47 - Mar 28 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect if Mick is still here, Hyam's contract will get extended.

However, if a new manager takes charge I imagine the club will take up the 1 year extension in his deal, new manager takes a look at him in pre-season, and then either use him, or look to sell/loan out.

That's the worry. He's already got Skuse signed for TWO more years when could have left new manager to review. Regrettably I still think Evans will bottle it and offer MM the same and hope for the best.
Out of contract players on 11:06 - Mar 28 with 5293 viewsBurwell_Blue

Bish will be signing his new 1 yr deal v soon.
Out of contract players on 11:08 - Mar 28 with 5291 viewsKieran_Knows

Out of contract players on 11:05 - Mar 28 by Pilgrimblue

That's the worry. He's already got Skuse signed for TWO more years when could have left new manager to review. Regrettably I still think Evans will bottle it and offer MM the same and hope for the best.

I don't think signing Skuse up to a new deal is a bad thing to be honest. I'm sure any new manager would look to him and Chambers for advice etc (eyes in the dressing room, training ground etc) given how long they've been around the club and that. I don't think Skuse would be a bad player if he had somebody decent next to him as well, yes he's limited, but let him do the limited stuff 'well', and have someone next to him who can drive the team forward (Huws or Dozzell when fit).

Out of contract players on 11:08 - Mar 28 with 5287 viewsKieran_Knows

Out of contract players on 11:06 - Mar 28 by Burwell_Blue

Bish will be signing his new 1 yr deal v soon.

Ah yes, you mentioned this the other day. 1 year with a years option wasn't it?

Out of contract players on 11:39 - Mar 28 with 5234 viewsBlueBadger

Out of contract players on 11:08 - Mar 28 by Kieran_Knows

I don't think signing Skuse up to a new deal is a bad thing to be honest. I'm sure any new manager would look to him and Chambers for advice etc (eyes in the dressing room, training ground etc) given how long they've been around the club and that. I don't think Skuse would be a bad player if he had somebody decent next to him as well, yes he's limited, but let him do the limited stuff 'well', and have someone next to him who can drive the team forward (Huws or Dozzell when fit).

The other thing with Skuse is that he's actively seeking to move into coaching and is now reaching the age where he's likely to get more and more involved in that. He'd be a vital conduit between playing staff and coaching staff for any manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Out of contract players on 11:45 - Mar 28 with 5227 viewsBluebell

This is why, if we are getting a new manager, he needs to get to know the players and how they play before any decision is made about who to keep and who to release.

Obviously players like Bishop he won't get to see but I suppose videos of how he used to play may work although that was nearly 2 years ago.
Out of contract players on 12:22 - Mar 28 with 5147 viewsBurwell_Blue

Out of contract players on 11:08 - Mar 28 by Kieran_Knows

Ah yes, you mentioned this the other day. 1 year with a years option wasn't it?

That's correct.

Just waiting on Marcus to get in touch with agent.
Out of contract players on 12:24 - Mar 28 with 5134 viewsKieran_Knows

Out of contract players on 12:22 - Mar 28 by Burwell_Blue

That's correct.

Just waiting on Marcus to get in touch with agent.

Interesting. Really hope we can get him back to some sort of fitness so he can force his way back and get a good run of games.

Out of contract players on 13:01 - Mar 28 with 5039 viewsJakeITFC

If any of you bad mouth Teddy Bishop again I'll hunt you down.
This is another reason we should have stumped up and changed manager a month ago on 13:14 - Mar 28 with 4999 viewsunstableblue

get the new man in to review the squad, try some ideas and make a decision on who to offer contracts to.. and get the right plan in place for recruitment.

I'm still not convinced Marcus will get rid of Mick, or he'll go with another 'big name' recruit like McClaren who is not what this club needs I'm afraid.

Manager on the way up, who has had success at a lower level, and thrives on a technical style and makes the best of the sum of the parts of a squad.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Out of contract players on 13:23 - Mar 28 with 4969 viewsSuperfrans

I'd keep McGoldrick all day long.

Interesting that, at the London fans event, that when the two Lukes were asked the best players they've played with, Chambers said Murphy and Hyam said McGoldrick.

Chambers then continued to say that McGoldrick should be offered a new contract, on the basis that (regardless of his injuries) if he was a player available on a free, we'd try to sign him if we could. This also suggests to me that Didz is hoping for a contract offer, so perhaps isn't as keen to leave as everyone assumes.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 13:23]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024