Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town 10:38 - Mar 29 with 1824 viewsSomethingBlue

The identity of Mick's replacement may make or break us; I hope there is some clarity, forward thinking and ambition in the recruitment process.

On another note I hope we can all find it in ourselves to treat Mick with some grace and respect now. It's a cycle that has come to an end, rightly so, but he deserves a warm send-off and to be wished well.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:41 - Mar 29 with 1784 viewsIpswichKnight

In a way it's given ME some time to look at potential candidates and not be bounced into a quick decision. I do agree I hope we will see some forward thinking and ambition.

Agreed he does deserve a warm send-off actually think this will help as we can all relax a bit more now.
Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:48 - Mar 29 with 1735 viewshomer_123

I disagree SB.

It isn't who comes in, it's far more to do with what they have or haven't got to work with.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:48 - Mar 29 with 1713 viewsSomethingBlue

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:48 - Mar 29 by homer_123

I disagree SB.

It isn't who comes in, it's far more to do with what they have or haven't got to work with.

Well, fair enough — it's actually both!

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:49 - Mar 29 with 1716 viewsITFC_Forever

At the fans forum last week, the guys from the club asked if a reduction in STs, say 10% would attract fans back if Mick stayed, and the categorical reply was that ME would be just chucking 10% away.
So when the 10% was confirmed on Monday, that to me was the clearest indication that Mick was going.

They also asked if it was important that a new manager would have to have an ITFC link, we all said it would be a bonus, but it would be more important to get the right person, for example, a Mowbray appointment (experienced, doing well with Blackburn) would be different to a McGreal (not so experienced, mid-table with Col Who).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:50 - Mar 29 with 1693 viewschicoazul

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:48 - Mar 29 by homer_123

I disagree SB.

Given that Mick has done, let's face it, pretty well with the resources he has had then one could argue the choice of Manager is far far more important than what he has to work with. We have seen with plenty of clubs this season - Sheff Weds, Reading, Hull - that money is relatively the small part of the equation.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:50 - Mar 29 with 1693 viewsFreddies_Ears

Smart to advertise that the Town job is available at a point where many managers will be considering their futures. Despite the antics of a vocal minority of the fanbase, Evans' loyalty to his managers still makes us a relatively attractive prospect.
Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:51 - Mar 29 with 1687 viewsSteve_M

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:49 - Mar 29 by ITFC_Forever

At the fans forum last week, the guys from the club asked if a reduction in STs, say 10% would attract fans back if Mick stayed, and the categorical reply was that ME would be just chucking 10% away.
So when the 10% was confirmed on Monday, that to me was the clearest indication that Mick was going.

They also asked if it was important that a new manager would have to have an ITFC link, we all said it would be a bonus, but it would be more important to get the right person, for example, a Mowbray appointment (experienced, doing well with Blackburn) would be different to a McGreal (not so experienced, mid-table with Col Who).

Yes, I think that came across from Milne on Monday night. I believe him when he said he didn't know for definite but I think ht expected it (as Mick probably did really).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:57 - Mar 29 with 1600 viewsLord_Lucan

From what I can work out we won't be doing anything until Mowbray turns us down - or otherwise.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:58 - Mar 29 with 1578 viewslowhouseblue

the king is dead, long live the king (whoever it's going to be).

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:59 - Mar 29 with 1572 viewsitfcjoe

It's still a very attractive job, and whilst we are low spenders any manager looking to re-build reputation knows they will get a good opportunity here.

A decent squad in place. good academy, fans who are generally patient and an owner who will give time and autonomy to get on with the job

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 11:03 - Mar 29 with 1527 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well said. I hope Mick does get a good send off. He deserves it whatever people happen to think of his style of football and occasional rants at the fans.

It's a massive decision for ME now, not just with the appointment but the whole issue of how he's going to lead us out of the doldrums. It's going to take more than a new manager imo. I'm nervous as heck about what he'll decide given his past decisions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 11:05 - Mar 29 with 1500 viewsSomethingBlue

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:59 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

It's still a very attractive job, and whilst we are low spenders any manager looking to re-build reputation knows they will get a good opportunity here.

A decent squad in place. good academy, fans who are generally patient and an owner who will give time and autonomy to get on with the job

Yep. Just listened to the little snippet of interview the club account tweeted and note Mick made it clear that the decision was partly based on what the club's ambitions were vs his. One might decode that resources are still going to be very tight, and perhaps even tighter, for whoever comes next.

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 11:28 - Mar 29 with 1401 viewsSouperJim

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:50 - Mar 29 by Freddies_Ears

Smart to advertise that the Town job is available at a point where many managers will be considering their futures. Despite the antics of a vocal minority of the fanbase, Evans' loyalty to his managers still makes us a relatively attractive prospect.

A vocal minority? The 72% who wanted Mick gone on the front page poll suggests otherwise. You've bought into Mick's rhetoric there, our "antics" pale into insignificance compared to what Mick would have got at just about any other club up and down the land and any well-informed potential manager will know the fans here are by-and-large a very patient bunch.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 11:40 - Mar 29 with 1346 viewsDarth_Koont

Now Evans has the biggest task of his time at Town on 10:50 - Mar 29 by Freddies_Ears

Agreed.

And not just the time when managers are starting to look ahead to next season but also means we've got 2-3 months before we have to have a new manager confirmed. Which means a lot of managers will have time to weigh us up and we can weigh them up too. For such a huge decision that feels very positive. Obviously we may have a candidate or two in our sights and we'd make a decision earlier to secure them but that's our choice.

In the meantime, I reckon the squad management and any ongoing recruitment business is in good hands with Mick. The major stuff comes after the end of the season anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024