Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect 14:43 - Mar 29 with 4560 viewshype313

Asked if he has got the respect he deserves?

"You will have to ask the numbskulls who have been giving me the abuse. Because that's what they are."

Unnecessary for me, concentrate on the fans (who he says are in the majority, as opposed to the minority) We have all left jobs, and probably wanted to say a few things but professionalism takes over, he's just going to snipe for the rest of the season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Respect on 14:50 - Mar 29 with 3601 viewsclive_baker

What he doesn't seem to appreciate is that respect is earned, and it works both ways.

Don't dismiss your whole fan base as irrelevant with ignorant claims like 'the louder they shout, the less likely he is to play'. I wouldn't expect him to be influenced by the supporters, so to suggest he would actively make opposing decisions is ignorant at best.

Don't tell your own fans to 'fk off' and then lie afterwards about it.

Don't try and cultivate a 'them and us' rhetoric that quite frankly didn't really exist until MM made it a thing.

He's the most belligerent and unlikable manager I've seen here and that includes Roy Keane. I'll continue to support the team at matches as they deserve it, but he can't leave a second too early for me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Respect on 14:54 - Mar 29 with 3560 viewsartsbossbeard

Does it really make any difference now?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Respect on 14:55 - Mar 29 with 3554 viewsBlueBadger

Respect on 14:50 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

What he doesn't seem to appreciate is that respect is earned, and it works both ways.

Don't dismiss your whole fan base as irrelevant with ignorant claims like 'the louder they shout, the less likely he is to play'. I wouldn't expect him to be influenced by the supporters, so to suggest he would actively make opposing decisions is ignorant at best.

Don't tell your own fans to 'fk off' and then lie afterwards about it.

Don't try and cultivate a 'them and us' rhetoric that quite frankly didn't really exist until MM made it a thing.

He's the most belligerent and unlikable manager I've seen here and that includes Roy Keane. I'll continue to support the team at matches as they deserve it, but he can't leave a second too early for me.

'respect is earned, and it works both ways'.

Gosh, I wonder how he lost his respect for the people who sang 'your football is sh1t' at Carrow Road and then booed an 18 year old academy player in his first season breaking through into the first team?
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 14:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Respect on 14:56 - Mar 29 with 3534 viewshype313

Respect on 14:54 - Mar 29 by artsbossbeard

Does it really make any difference now?

Probably not, but given the most vociferous on here are willing to let bygones be bygones and give him a decent send off, it's strange how he still feels the need to continue this needle.

Respect on 14:58 - Mar 29 with 3518 viewsRyorry

Precisely.

He seems to keep forgetting that he's the supposed professional, not the fans. Can anyone think of any other manager, past or present, of any club, who would keep speaking about fans like this? (I don't just mean as a one-off heat of the moment thing). Fan bolshie-ness goes with the territory of being a pro football manager - part of a pro's job is to rise above that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Respect on 14:58 - Mar 29 with 3511 viewsclive_baker

Respect on 14:55 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

'respect is earned, and it works both ways'.

Gosh, I wonder how he lost his respect for the people who sang 'your football is sh1t' at Carrow Road and then booed an 18 year old academy player in his first season breaking through into the first team?
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 14:57]

So he's contrived to alienate a whole fan base due to the actions of a small minority?

Respect on 15:01 - Mar 29 with 3486 viewsJ2BLUE

Genuinely can't see anything wrong with that comment. It's directed to the 'numbskulls' who have abused him. It's fair enough IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Respect on 15:02 - Mar 29 with 3473 viewshype313

Respect on 15:01 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

Genuinely can't see anything wrong with that comment. It's directed to the 'numbskulls' who have abused him. It's fair enough IMO.

My issue isn't that per se, it's the fact that he can't let it go.

Be a professional and move on.

Login to get fewer ads

Respect on 15:02 - Mar 29 with 3474 viewsBlueBadger

Respect on 14:58 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

So he's contrived to alienate a whole fan base due to the actions of a small minority?

'You will have to ask the numbskulls who have been giving me the abuse'.

Frankly, if you think that applies to YOU and are upset about it, then you probably ARE one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Respect on 15:02 - Mar 29 with 3471 viewsRedX

I'd be surprised if he's still around in a couple of weeks.
Respect on 15:03 - Mar 29 with 3458 viewsBlueBadger

It is the old TWTD favourite of 'desperately overanalyse until you make it about you' trope.

Respect on 15:04 - Mar 29 with 3432 viewsJ2BLUE

Respect on 15:03 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

It is the old TWTD favourite of 'desperately overanalyse until you make it about you' trope.

Football fans can't have it both ways. Either it's just a job and therefore we can expect professionalism etc or it isn't just a job and we can demand they play for the badge, loyalty, pride in wearing the shirt etc.

We can't move the goalposts based on the situation. For me it's option b which makes his comments just part of the game. No issue with it.

Truly impaired.

Respect on 15:05 - Mar 29 with 3425 viewsclive_baker

Respect on 15:02 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

'You will have to ask the numbskulls who have been giving me the abuse'.

Frankly, if you think that applies to YOU and are upset about it, then you probably ARE one.

Like his reaction to the goal at Carrow Road? Aiming a 'fk off' at the loyal Town away fans because of a small minority?

Respect on 15:05 - Mar 29 with 3423 viewshype313

Respect on 15:03 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Overanalyse a statement? Just merely pointing out it was unnecessary.

Respect on 15:06 - Mar 29 with 3410 viewsDanTheMan

Respect on 15:02 - Mar 29 by hype313

My issue isn't that per se, it's the fact that he can't let it go.

Be a professional and move on.

I mean it's not like he's just come out with it, he was asked and he answered honestly.

If people are that precious about someone who we've basically forced out of a job, then they need to take a look at themselves.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Respect on 15:08 - Mar 29 with 3384 viewsITFC_Forever

Not sure how >70% is a minority....

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Respect on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 3378 viewsBlueBadger

Respect on 15:05 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Like his reaction to the goal at Carrow Road? Aiming a 'fk off' at the loyal Town away fans because of a small minority?

Frankly, if football fans are getting their knickers in a twist over some naughty words let out one the spur of the moment at a moment of great excitement then the football fans should consider finding themselves a less upsetting hobby.

Respect on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 3365 viewsRyorry

Any generalisation like that gives out a bad odour & casts a bit of a cloud over the club as a whole. If he really felt it imperative to have yet another go (and I think most managers wouldn't) - he could and should have been specific, eg - "a minority of fans have been abusive, but I'd rather talk about the majority who are decent but disappointed people ..." - or something along those lines.

Respect on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 3360 viewshype313

Respect on 15:06 - Mar 29 by DanTheMan

I mean it's not like he's just come out with it, he was asked and he answered honestly.

If people are that precious about someone who we've basically forced out of a job, then they need to take a look at themselves.

I'm not precious, jesus wept, I was merely pointing out it was unnecessary and unprofessional.

FWIW, I have no real feelings one way or the other with Mick, respect due to doing a job with one hand tied behind his back, however I don't feel he's not been forced out, stagnation over the past 18 months and a huge drop in attendances are probably more in tune with his departure.

I'd be very surprised if he would have stayed regardless.

Respect on 15:10 - Mar 29 with 3359 viewsfactual_blue

Respect on 15:05 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

You know as well as I do such a comment was aimed at the small minority who deserved it.

You seem as though you're determined to be offended.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Respect on 15:11 - Mar 29 with 3341 viewshype313

Respect on 15:10 - Mar 29 by factual_blue

You know as well as I do such a comment was aimed at the small minority who deserved it.

Sometimes you have to rise above things.

Especially if you purport to be a thick skinned northerner.

Respect on 15:11 - Mar 29 with 3343 viewsIllinoisblue

For a bloke who's been in and around football his entire life, I am amazed that he's amazed by the reaction the last few months. When he openly says he daren't go for the win v Sheff Utd at home... what does he expect?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Respect on 15:15 - Mar 29 with 3293 viewsJ2BLUE

Respect on 15:11 - Mar 29 by Illinoisblue

For a bloke who's been in and around football his entire life, I am amazed that he's amazed by the reaction the last few months. When he openly says he daren't go for the win v Sheff Utd at home... what does he expect?

Same with all this stuff about a mass exodus of players now he's leaving...their season was ended because the manager didn't take the risk free gamble against Hull. If they are happy with that sort of thing then please by all means leave.

Deep down they can't have been happy to see any chance of the play offs taken away by a manager refusing to go for it? We were all but safe. It was a ridiculous decision.

Truly impaired.

Respect on 15:16 - Mar 29 with 3288 viewsclive_baker

Respect on 15:10 - Mar 29 by factual_blue

The point isn't 'who it was aimed at', it's the fact he did it. It's a bit rich to start talking about respect when you've turned around to your own fans and shouted 'fk off' in their direction.

Suggesting your team selection will be influenced by a minority of idiots is another example.

How are either of those a show of respect to anyone. Mick's downfall isn't the lack of respect from the small minority of clowns that would've given him unfair dogs abuse regardless. It's the respect he's lost from the sizable majority that have taken exception to his reactions to the aforementioned.

Respect on 15:17 - Mar 29 with 3269 viewsRyorry

Respect on 15:09 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Frankly, if football fans are getting their knickers in a twist over some naughty words let out one the spur of the moment at a moment of great excitement then the football fans should consider finding themselves a less upsetting hobby.

By the same token, if a football manager is getting his knickers in a twist over some naughty words let out one the spur of the moment at a moment of great excitement then the football manager should consider finding himself a less upsetting job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024