Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's a take on Mick's departure here 17:02 - Mar 29 with 7886 viewsSomethingBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/29/mick-mccarthy-leave-ipswich-man

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 17:12 - Mar 29 with 6845 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great piece that

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 17:20 - Mar 29 with 6802 viewschristiand

A really good article. A fair and honest assessment.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 17:54 - Mar 29 with 6706 viewsDubtractor

Thingers - what's the bit about making moves for a successor last Autumn?

You in the know about any names?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 17:57 - Mar 29 with 6688 viewsDanTheMan

Very good piece.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:08 - Mar 29 with 6644 viewsKieran_Knows

Very good that, thanks for posting.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:11 - Mar 29 with 6634 viewsKeaneish

Bang on. Glad he recognised the Reading game in Sky. It really was a pivotal night in MM's Town career.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:15 - Mar 29 with 6606 viewsSteve_M

Nice one, I think that's close to the definitive summary of MM's time here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:17 - Mar 29 with 6592 viewswkj

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:15 - Mar 29 by Steve_M

Nice one, I think that's close to the definitive summary of MM's time here.

Agreed, it was really nice to see the Journo embracing how both the fans and manager made mistakes, not just one or the other

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:26 - Mar 29 with 6554 viewsMenton

Bang on ftom Nick Ames, as usual.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:31 - Mar 29 with 6526 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:26 - Mar 29 by Menton

Bang on ftom Nick Ames, as usual.

Very observant and very well written. Is he a fan or just knows his onions? Maybe Phil could add him to the TWTD team; surely he can afford to pay more than the Guardian after selling all those Audis.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:33 - Mar 29 with 6514 viewschicoazul

I don't think much of the author's t-shirt

(great piece)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:37 - Mar 29 with 6493 viewsHennikerBlu

Thanks for sharing an interesting piece from someone that has done his research.

I will take issue with him over the Hull game, regarding 'rightly' branding the fans behaviour "a disgrace". MM's call for support for the previous SU game, followed by a pretty dire performance, then a bizarre highly-defensive pre-Hull press conference, leading to significant changes to the team and formation in a 'must win' game. Created the initial apathy for the Hull game, which did not turn sour until the second goal.

Then, at the end, remaining with the players on the pitch, who incidentally are paid for by the club and not MM; in order to suggest a 'them and us' (siege mentality?) situation with the fans really did not help, as naturally the most vociferous fans remained behind, it was like a 'red rag to a bull' and very sad to witness.
There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:48 - Mar 29 with 6440 viewsDubtractor

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:33 - Mar 29 by chicoazul

I don't think much of the author's t-shirt

(great piece)

I was trying to get in a gentle dig but couldn't think of one.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 19:06 - Mar 29 with 6362 viewsSuperfrans

Nick Ames is a Town fan who (as a result) sees a lot of what goes on here. And he writes a lot of sense. A very good piece that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 19:08 - Mar 29 with 6348 viewsSuperfrans

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 18:31 - Mar 29 by Swansea_Blue

Very observant and very well written. Is he a fan or just knows his onions? Maybe Phil could add him to the TWTD team; surely he can afford to pay more than the Guardian after selling all those Audis.

He’s a Town fan. He was on the London fans coach up to the Man Utd league cup match at Old Trafford a couple of years ago. He knows his Suffolk onions.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 19:15 - Mar 29 with 6311 viewsHennikerBlu

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 19:08 - Mar 29 by Superfrans

He’s a Town fan. He was on the London fans coach up to the Man Utd league cup match at Old Trafford a couple of years ago. He knows his Suffolk onions.

That explains his sympathetic treatment. Those two games SU and then Hull from the Friday before for the SU press conference, until the Tuesday are, for me, when matters really came to a head and MM played his part.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 19:20]
There's a take on Mick's departure here on 21:16 - Mar 29 with 6115 viewsArcher4721

You do write well mate...Good piece.
There's a take on Mick's departure here on 21:26 - Mar 29 with 6068 viewsVic

That’s clearly written by someone with a proper knowledge of what’s being going on here for here for the last couple of years. Really good, balanced piece.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 21:27 - Mar 29 with 6063 viewsHerbivore

Good piece that, very good summary.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 07:53 - Mar 30 with 5691 viewsmediamatt

Spot on.
There's a take on Mick's departure here on 08:10 - Mar 30 with 5651 viewskpblues

This sums it up nicely and is very fair.

Thanks SomethingBlue for posting it

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 08:18 - Mar 30 with 5624 viewssparks

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 08:10 - Mar 30 by kpblues

This sums it up nicely and is very fair.

Thanks SomethingBlue for posting it

Not bad- but I don't agree its entirely balanced, nor that the central thrust and tagline " attempts to modernise style ran aground owing to a lack of investment, injuries and a loss of nerve " is correct. I don't think there were ever real attempts to modernise the style and am unconvinced that MM really knows how to do that save in the most superficial way (i.e. pass a bit at the back and THEN lump it).

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 08:23 - Mar 30 with 5606 viewsSomethingBlue

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 08:18 - Mar 30 by sparks

Not bad- but I don't agree its entirely balanced, nor that the central thrust and tagline " attempts to modernise style ran aground owing to a lack of investment, injuries and a loss of nerve " is correct. I don't think there were ever real attempts to modernise the style and am unconvinced that MM really knows how to do that save in the most superficial way (i.e. pass a bit at the back and THEN lump it).

I would imagine that the author didn't write the tagline, not that it's inaccurate in the slightest. What didn't you find to be balanced about the substance of the piece, out of curiosity?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 8:27]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 08:23 - Mar 30 with 5603 viewsHerbivore

It would help you to form a more reasonable view if you actually watched us play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There's a take on Mick's departure here on 08:24 - Mar 30 with 5602 viewsMullet

Then you don't follow things like Mick's approach in 2012-2014 the switch to 4231 and the fact that we've been depleting the squad since the Mings transfer and the final blow of losing Murphy then.

He's not far off at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024