Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Big Job 08:18 - Mar 31 with 1127 viewscobboldkid

Thank god not much more of all the aspects of Mick McCarthy to suffer at Town, just wish we could get rid of Evans as well. No interest for me for the rest of the season really not sure if I will go. We are safe so it's madness that McCarthy was not removed immediately ( pay him his contact money ) and a caretaker put in place for the remaining games to give everyone including the atmosphere at PR a lift prior to the appointment of a new man and a fresh start. We may even have seen some of our own young players coming through. It's now going to be all about McCarthy. Worried for the next couple of seasons if we do not get the right man in and with Evans in charge I am very fearful. You don't have to be Einstein to see that coupled with Mick's completely defensive approach to the game ( a million miles away from the Ipswich way ) many of the current squad are just not good enough to challenge for promotion. It's going to be very difficult for the new man to get the McCarthy mentality and style of play out of the players psyche. I would settle for mid table mediocrity for the next couple of seasons with a new positive manager building a new team around our own younger players in a style of play we could get excited about. Knudsen, Spence, Iofa, Gleeson, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, McGoldrick, Ward, Hyam, Sears, Bru and Garner just not good enough and that don't leave a lot left. The new manager has got a big job on his hands.
A Big Job on 08:39 - Mar 31 with 1079 views1RWR

I disagree, Knudsen, Spence, Webster, Waghorn, Ward, Sears, & Garner would be fine under a new manager that let's them play in their favoured position. I don't think you can clear all your stall at once, yes there are a few players in the squad I would move on, but the majority will be ok for next season........with a better manager.

Born'n'bred in Suffolk & damn proud of it!

A Big Job on 08:48 - Mar 31 with 1061 viewsNo9

It does seem rather perverse to keep MM as Team Management until the end of the season as the close season is not much time to get a new many in, move out those surplus to requirements then get in replacements.
MM has nver replaced Stearman at BR & has, due to his 'route one' football, never had a midfield of any worth.
If the new TM has modern ideas to find a RB + a new MF and rework the attack it is a big job.

Finding someone to take that on may not be too easy, it all depends on the Owners vision for ITFC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024