Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The way Mick is talking 01:06 - Apr 1 with 1244 viewswallyvincent

is almost like he didn't expect to be leaving at all. It's a bit like handing your notice by trying to force a situation in your favour and your boss accepting your resignation. I've done it before in my early years of working thinking I was too valuable when the reality was quite different. That regret you get after is what I sense from listening to Mick.

He has done a sound job for us but he took us as far as he could on his skill set. He organised us well and did all the things you would expect but couldn't evolve the playing style. I suspect this is the reason why he's never really considered for EPL jobs in so far he is limited tactically, although I think he's a better manager than some of those on the manager merry go round.

I think as fans we have been really patient over the years and have given him great support. But the football throughout his reign bar half a season has been of a mediocre standard. Despite what he may say about trying to win every game it's patently obvious that we don't. This is not a criticism of him as clearly his methods are successful, but only are for a short period of time. Fans watch football at the end of the day to be entertained and whilst his team show passion they don't show for me enough passion to win a game, that's theproblem. All I ask of a Town team is win lose or draw is to show passion and try and win the game. Every game is winnable if you really want it enough.

So whilst Mick may feel hard done by and those looking in think we're idiots, I think the majority of Town supporters know that we for the most part gave him good grace and time.

The biggest problem we have now is that what we need is a progressive managerial setup with a genuine 5 year plan to pick up cheap lower league gems and bring through the youngsters. A tracksuit manager who sees managing Town as a wonderful opportunity, someone who will encourage playing the ball on the floor, has a sense of th e traditions and history of the club and will do it with determination.

Perhaps a double act of young pretender and a Town legend would do the trick?
For me Darrell Clarke and Marcus Stewart would be perfect.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2017/3/17/darrell-clarke-one-of-the-footbal

However I'm in no way convinced that Evans will see it like that and I fear we will end up with a Jewellesque manager appointment which we all feel abit meh about. I really hope not and I just hope we all can get behind the lads for the rest of the season.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

The way Mick is talking on 06:34 - Apr 1 with 1086 viewsWestSussexBlue

I think it’s important ME listens to the fans and at least considers how much our fans embrace the history and tradition of our club.
A key Town figure at management level has been lacking and certainly the Mowbray, Stewart Mcgreal links are interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024