Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Caretaker Conundrum 07:46 - Apr 1 with 823 viewstimmy2guns

Looking through the posts (on any article in the past few days on twtd) and it's all Mick go now....

I agree with a previous post from banters referencing Mick mills and in my opinion he is right - I too was listening to him say it yesterday on the radio that the decision from ME is wrong to keep MM on With what is now 7 games to go is just a slow and painful death. The problem is the decisions made and there's now no easy solution.

Another poster also hilighted that calls for a caretaker from the coaching staff won't change the situation. They're also right - We'd still plod along for 7 games... We have some great players (Bart) but so many need to look at themselves too and I hope are now worried with a chance of manager - as whilst tactically we have been poor, performances have also been woeful at times.

Joe royale yesterday suggested we need experience here. I'd agree as the owner doesn't know what he's doing. Klug won't want it, Nash isn't right for the first team on a long term basis. The only benefit to a short term caretaker would be that the youth might get played, but you never know -maybe we'll see that from MM tomorrow...(I'm staying positive. :s)

The real travesty here is that ME has failed to succession plan. He (as a businessman) made his decisions on a financial basis 1) for season ticket sales - and combined with a reduction and announcement will probably pay off for him on that; and 2) not having to pay out on MMs contract.

You could see MMs position a mile off in January with the fans, but if we had been in and about with a chance of the playoffs the decisions made would've been different - probably the same on the ST reduction but obviously MM would've got to the end of the season. That would've left people feeling a bit more positive about renewing but then if it didn't work out he could always go anyway.

Regardless of what MM does or doesn't do now - The real failure is the lack of MEs succession planning.

It further goes to show that he calls the shots but still obviously doesn't have people around him to help him run a football club. The fans don't want it to be but ultimately football is a business, but this is the football business not the hospitality business and he (ME) needs to get a stronger team around him if we are to go anywhere anytime soon. Let's be realistic - it's now a rebuild job to get to the PL. A 3 or 5 year plan would be a start. Let's have something to work towards.

If your going to sack a manager or part ways or whatever they are calling this mess, have a plan. The only benefit for the board now is that they have more time to get out and pick the right person... And it doesn't have to be an ex player - get the right person, but also the rigHt structure behind them to really build this club.

I am back home visiting Ipswich for the Easter weekend and planned to go to the millwall game but after listening to the game yesterday - I think I will vote with my feet and save £60 for a pair of tickets and also save my sanity for the rest of Monday. £ is the only thing ME is watching at the moment, not the football.

Finishing on a positive, there's a chance here to rebuild and get momentum. Whoever the new manager is we must get behind but I think we will have to wait until May.
The Caretaker Conundrum on 08:02 - Apr 1 with 779 viewsTractorWood

I was thinking of going tomorrow but to think our players are in in this bizarre situation is a bit of a turn off. They don't know who will be making decisions on their future and have no idea who will be monitoring their every move. After years of scrutiny under MM surely you couldn't blame them for checking out with nothing to play for the next few games.

I know someone will come back with 'they are professionals' but you can't motivate your subconscious to be those slim margins more competitive. Despite the weather, I think a few will be on the beach until a successor is announced.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024