Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we’re replacing DoF, manager and assistant, how about... 08:48 - Apr 1 with 1105 viewsGodBlue

Everyone else is having a bash, so here are my current thoughts...

Step 1 - Just let Mick, TC, Bowman et al go now!
Sorry, I said this a couple of weeks ago too, but no good can possibly come from them staying. Whether we win all of the remaining games or lose them, MM will still use it as a rod to beat the fans and no positives come from that. So Evans needs to bite the financial bullet and get rid now.

Step 2 - The more I consider it, the more I think we could do much worse than getting GB back.
Burley brings the Ipswich connection back and I don’t think many would argue against seeing him back in the club in some capacity, right? But not as a manager, as the new DoF. He could take charge of the last few games, if we can’t get the manager in we want, but then he steps up to be the guiding hand, from a footballing/Ipswich Town perspective, that IM and ME so clearly need, as well as a supporting role for a young management team. Which brings me to...

Step 3 - Darrell Clarke and Marcus Stewart
Reading the article someone posted earlier, these two sound ideal, don’t they?! Another Ipswich connection, but no pressure on the manager himself to protect a club ‘legend’ status (like Mogga might have), merely an incentive to become one. I admit that they’ve not really come into my thoughts before, but they sound like they could bring everything people seem to be asking for. Assuming we can afford them!

I realise I’m just recycling and amalgamating other ideas that have been posted before, but this was the first backroom team to replace MM, TC and DB that made almost perfect sense to me. A young, passionate, tactically astute manager, surrounded by people who know and understand our club, the town, the fans and what it can be like to succeed at Ipswich Town.

Anyway, just a Sunday morning brain dump, probably a stupid idea.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

If we’re replacing DoF, manager and assistant, how about... on 09:05 - Apr 1 with 1040 viewsBloomBlue

I would argue with Burley coming back. We had some wonderful times with Burley but in the end he had lost it, including relegating us from the Prem. If Sheepshanks had sacked him at Christmas in that last Prem season we would still be in the Prem. Unfortunately Burley started to believe his own hype, plus too old now, I thought we had agreed anyone older then MM is a dinosaur
If we’re replacing DoF, manager and assistant, how about... on 10:39 - Apr 1 with 931 viewsrickw

I would be happy with GB back as DoF - he has the connections and experience to help a young head coach, plus he knows the club, division and fans...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024