Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? 13:55 - Apr 1 with 5620 viewsReuser_is_God

I think changing from the back 3 to a back 4 for the Hull game the other week has to be up there.

The back 3 had been the only positive about us for a couple of months prior.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:19 - Apr 1 with 4776 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

3rd - Making 11 changes for Man United away a couple of years ago.

We had 4600 there in the hope of causing an upset and he did that.

2nd - The f**k off comment at scum to a section of our supporters.

No matter how much they deserved it for them chants at scum away of all places, he can’t be doing that. Completely lost his head.

1st - Publicly defending Evans after he replaced our most important player in Murphy with freebie Leon best for 18 months. An absolute disgrace.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:24 - Apr 1 with 4757 viewsReuser_is_God

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:19 - Apr 1 by The_Romford_Blue

No matter how much they deserved it for them chants at scum away of all places, he can’t be doing that. Completely lost his head.

1st - Publicly defending Evans after he replaced our most important player in Murphy with freebie Leon best for 18 months. An absolute disgrace.

Yeah can’t argue with any of that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:26 - Apr 1 with 4754 viewsParisBlue

March 2016 and still with a chance of making the play-offs. Rotherham at home, followed by an international break.

Picks a midfield of Skuse, Douglas and Hyam.

We lose 1-0

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:27 - Apr 1 with 4752 viewsSomethingBlue

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:19 - Apr 1 by The_Romford_Blue

With the Murphy point, I don't really know what else he was meant to do.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:38 - Apr 1 with 4728 viewsJ2BLUE

His comments after Sheff U

“I don’t have the answers for everything,” said McCarthy. “Let’s get Sheffield United here and let’s go gung-ho and create loads of chances, make it an open game and get beat shall we? I’m not really into that. That’s never going to be the case.

It was a risk free shot at trying to narrow the gap to the play offs. Unforgivable IMO. We weren't away to Barcelona. We were at home to Sheffield United. Not sure how anyone can still say he's the right man for the job. Thankfully he's off. I still think he's a good manager and somewhere with more quality in the final third will be a good fit for him. His new team will probably do well and challenge for the promotion places. We're a club who needs to maximise everything in order to have a miracle season and he turned down a risk free gamble out of fear.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:40 - Apr 1 with 4721 viewsBackToRussia

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:27 - Apr 1 by SomethingBlue

With the Murphy point, I don't really know what else he was meant to do.

Not publicly defend Evans? Put more pressure on him to sign a proper replacement, and don't try and hoodwink the fans into thinking that Best was a replacement for Murphy?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 14:40]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:43 - Apr 1 with 4697 viewsBenters2

This
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:46 - Apr 1 with 4678 viewsIllinoisblue

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:38 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

“I don’t have the answers for everything,” said McCarthy. “Let’s get Sheffield United here and let’s go gung-ho and create loads of chances, make it an open game and get beat shall we? I’m not really into that. That’s never going to be the case.

It was a risk free shot at trying to narrow the gap to the play offs. Unforgivable IMO. We weren't away to Barcelona. We were at home to Sheffield United. Not sure how anyone can still say he's the right man for the job. Thankfully he's off. I still think he's a good manager and somewhere with more quality in the final third will be a good fit for him. His new team will probably do well and challenge for the promotion places. We're a club who needs to maximise everything in order to have a miracle season and he turned down a risk free gamble out of fear.

This.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:48 - Apr 1 with 4669 viewsIllinoisblue

Not moaning more about injuries. Seriously. Other managers would have made much much more of it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:54 - Apr 1 with 4636 viewsHennikerBlu

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:38 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

J2BLUE, I feel your pain the pre Sheffield rally cry up until the post Hull conference. So little made sense. The focus on the Hull game from a perspective of the fans behaviour has overshadowed a listless performance versus Sheffield United and a positive crowd that were largely unentertained. A must win game that could have provided a really positive foundation for the rest of the season, whatever the result, if we had gone for it.
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:57 - Apr 1 with 4617 viewsJ2BLUE

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:54 - Apr 1 by HennikerBlu

J2BLUE, I feel your pain the pre Sheffield rally cry up until the post Hull conference. So little made sense. The focus on the Hull game from a perspective of the fans behaviour has overshadowed a listless performance versus Sheffield United and a positive crowd that were largely unentertained. A must win game that could have provided a really positive foundation for the rest of the season, whatever the result, if we had gone for it.

I can't get over it. He was worried about losing...

If someone gave him a coin and said they've give him a million pounds if it's heads he would probably refuse to toss it in case it was tails.

He's an intelligent man. I really don't get it. What must the team have been thinking seeing their season die?

Truly impaired.

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:58 - Apr 1 with 4612 viewsBackToRussia

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:57 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

If someone gave him a coin and said they've give him a million pounds if it's heads he would probably refuse to toss it in case it was tails.

He's an intelligent man. I really don't get it. What must the team have been thinking seeing their season die?

He's too proud to admit we just played sh1te. If we got a bore draw it was because he planned for it and it was the best possible outcome.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 15:00 - Apr 1 with 4599 viewsJ2BLUE

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:58 - Apr 1 by BackToRussia

He's too proud to admit we just played sh1te. If we got a bore draw it was because he planned for it and it was the best possible outcome.

I'm not convinced by that. It fits in with his usual reluctance to gamble a point to try and get three.

Truly impaired.

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 15:39 - Apr 1 with 4518 viewswkj

Letting Marriott go for free

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 4484 viewswkj

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 15:39 - Apr 1 by wkj

Letting Marriott go for free

Signing Giles Coke

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 17:01 - Apr 1 with 4398 viewsFtnfwest

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:26 - Apr 1 by ParisBlue

March 2016 and still with a chance of making the play-offs. Rotherham at home, followed by an international break.

Picks a midfield of Skuse, Douglas and Hyam.

We lose 1-0

and it’s worth reiterating....at home. Probably the worst game I’ve ever been to in terms of performance
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 17:04 - Apr 1 with 4395 viewsfactual_blue

Deciding to leave.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 4387 viewscrunchie1978

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:24 - Apr 1 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah can’t argue with any of that.

No nor me.
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 17:13 - Apr 1 with 4376 viewsDennyx4

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 14:57 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

There has been a few like that this season.

Away at Bolton - got back to 1-1 and then bring Hyam on late in the game to waste time, rather than go for the win.

Yesterday for example - 1 down to a team in the bottom three, why not change tactics at half time and go 442 or more attacking by taking a defender off for a midfielder or forward, what is the worst that is going to happen, still lose?
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 17:25 - Apr 1 with 4346 viewsgoat_man

Bringing on Douglas at QPR 2 years ago when we were on top and going for it. We then immediately eased off and conceeded and lost.
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 17:33 - Apr 1 with 4330 viewsRoyKeanesDog

For me it was his continuous reluctance to play Parr RB with Berra and Chambers in the middle during the play off campaign.

Our two weakness were Chambers out of position and Smith getting wrongfooted and it was so easy for opponents to exploit it. With the margins so tight that season, I really think we would've won the league if we had changed it.

I will never know what the flaw was that Mick saw that prevented him from doing so.

Poll: Best Football Song

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 18:09 - Apr 1 with 4270 viewsTrequartista

Quite a few to choose from in the last couple of seasons but the first real head scratcher was 3 defensive central midfielders at home to rotherham. From that point on his obsession with defensive central midfielders began.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 18:14 - Apr 1 with 4257 viewsTexaco73

There are plenty of moments not just one.

He is human and we all make mistakes, but repeating the same mistakes over and over, is real 'numbskull' territory...
What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 18:24 - Apr 1 with 4236 viewsSteve_M

Trying to change the style on the Summer of 2015. We lost the pressing and work-rate that was such a big part of our success and it took until the start of this season to get back to a quick pressing side that scored a good amount of goals. That was too late and there was no margin left with fans for a poor spell.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 18:25 - Apr 1 with 4226 viewsParisBlue

What is McCarthy’s biggest numbskull moment? on 17:25 - Apr 1 by goat_man

Bringing on Douglas at QPR 2 years ago when we were on top and going for it. We then immediately eased off and conceeded and lost.

Bringing Douglas back for the game at home to Birmingham last season after not playing him for 2 months was a bit odd.

But then it was on April 1st.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024