Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. 09:35 - Apr 2 with 7997 viewsSwailsey

Surely things would be neutral now?

People who wanted MM to stay - he isn’t, so we should move on.

People who wanted MM to go - he is. Yet there’s something else: he should go NOW.

Why can’t people just let the season play out as per, direct any anger at ME and just get on with it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 9:50]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 09:48 - Apr 2 with 4571 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. It's manufactured outrage too which tends to be even more bleating and insistent.

We won't have someone lined up as the discussion only just took place. Putting in a caretaker just seems like a token move when we know Mick and the squad already have a very good working relationship.

So let's chill out, give ourselves the time and space to make a good decision re: a replacement, and start looking forward with some optimism for a change.

Pronouns: He/Him

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 09:51 - Apr 2 with 4548 viewsBluebell

Agreed.

Let's make the ground rock today and out sing the Millwall fans. Sing the players names, sing the good old favourites and forget the bad chants.

The team react to a good atmosphere so let's give them one!
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 09:54 - Apr 2 with 4517 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree. There seems to be a state of self perpetuating whinging though. We’ve had Mick for 5 years, can’t people wait another 5 weeks?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:01 - Apr 2 with 4465 viewsHerbivore

Well said. The vast majority of fans have got what they wanted, Mick is going at the end of the season. We even got the added bonus of 10% off season tickets. And yet there's still a vocal minority who have to be negative about absolutely everything. I don't know what it is, whether this is just what happens when you give idiots a platform, whether it's a means for them to justify not getting a season ticket despite being given what they asked for, or what it is. Maybe not going to games leaves them too much time to get het up about every little thing. In any case it's very odd and very off putting, Christ knows how it has managed to become more divided nd hostile on here. But are we really that entitled and impatient as a fan base that we can't wait less than 5 weeks for the season to play out and the manager to depart? If we are that's pretty worrying.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:02 - Apr 2 with 4454 views3_5_2

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 09:51 - Apr 2 by Bluebell

Agreed.

Let's make the ground rock today and out sing the Millwall fans. Sing the players names, sing the good old favourites and forget the bad chants.

The team react to a good atmosphere so let's give them one!

That would be lovely BB but v Millwall's 2,000 noisy and basically horrible fans and the general apathy around the club now I can't see it

Lose and its the fans fault, a draw (he will take a point) or a win and it will be a case of the players did despite the fans

Very sad it came to this but it will be over soon

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:04 - Apr 2 with 4442 viewsfactual_blue

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 09:48 - Apr 2 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. It's manufactured outrage too which tends to be even more bleating and insistent.

We won't have someone lined up as the discussion only just took place. Putting in a caretaker just seems like a token move when we know Mick and the squad already have a very good working relationship.

So let's chill out, give ourselves the time and space to make a good decision re: a replacement, and start looking forward with some optimism for a change.

Sadly it won't happen.
We have some genuinely stupid fans, who seem determined to flaunt their idiocy at every opportunity.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:07 - Apr 2 with 4398 viewsSwansea_Blue

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:04 - Apr 2 by factual_blue

Sadly it won't happen.
We have some genuinely stupid fans, who seem determined to flaunt their idiocy at every opportunity.

🤪

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:10 - Apr 2 with 4377 viewsThe_Snake

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:04 - Apr 2 by factual_blue

Sadly it won't happen.

Some of the news comments are beyond belief. How some people get through life being so angry and unpleasant is baffling. My fear is that whoever is appointed is not going to be good enough in their tiny minds and they start the whole vendetta again. Hope I’m wrong, would be nice to look forward to home matches again.
Login to get fewer ads

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:11 - Apr 2 with 4359 viewsfactual_blue

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:10 - Apr 2 by The_Snake

Some of the news comments are beyond belief. How some people get through life being so angry and unpleasant is baffling. My fear is that whoever is appointed is not going to be good enough in their tiny minds and they start the whole vendetta again. Hope I’m wrong, would be nice to look forward to home matches again.

Nothing has happened to induce me to get another season ticket when I again qualify for my discount.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:16 - Apr 2 with 4335 viewsBlueBadger

Ironically enough, it seems to be those who wanted him to go that are being the most pointlessly dickish. They've got what they want, have decided to double down and are now simply looking for the most ridiculous things to get get upset over for for the rest of the season, almost as if they're overly entitled whining children.

See also: Brexit.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 10:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:16 - Apr 2 with 4326 viewsLord_Lucan

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:10 - Apr 2 by The_Snake

News commenters are a different breed, I can't go on there as it winds me up.

That said, people have a right to vent their feelings. Imagine your once joyous local pub being neglected by management and landlord over 5 years and serving you sh1t beer whist constantly putting the price of a pint up.

Would you just take it on the chin?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:19 - Apr 2 with 4293 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly it won't happen.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:21 - Apr 2 with 4289 viewsBlueBadger

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:19 - Apr 2 by BlueBadger

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:21 - Apr 2 with 4292 viewsFixed_It

Do you know what? I have a season ticket, but am not going today. It's not the turgid football that puts me off so much as the negative fans. We need to break this cycle of negativity, and I just hope the new manager is given some leeway to get things moving in the right direction. But reading on here how some are still whinging and whining despite last weeks announcement, alongside the reduction in season ticket prices, I really do have my doubts.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:21 - Apr 2 with 4286 viewsHerbivore

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:16 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

That said, people have a right to vent their feelings. Imagine your once joyous local pub being neglected by management and landlord over 5 years and serving you sh1t beer whist constantly putting the price of a pint up.

That would carry more weight if e hadn't had lower season ticket prices and Mick leaving announced in the last 2 weeks.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:22 - Apr 2 with 4279 viewsThe_Snake

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:16 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Agree to a point, but when an effort is made to change things it would be nice if they could just let it roll for a few weeks rather than keep sticking the knife in.
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:22 - Apr 2 with 4281 viewsfactual_blue

You'd go elsewhere.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:25 - Apr 2 with 4265 viewsLord_Lucan

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:21 - Apr 2 by Herbivore

That would carry more weight if e hadn't had lower season ticket prices and Mick leaving announced in the last 2 weeks.

Yes but the regulars are still unhappy with their flat lager and they seem to want a relief manager in.

The DJ is still playing The Smiths, the pork scratchings have run out again and Mick McCarthy has nicked the Christmas Club money.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:26 - Apr 2 with 4252 viewschicoazul

Clearly you weren't present for the Kuqi Pablo Wars of 2003. Bodies all over the shop.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:27 - Apr 2 with 4246 viewsHerbivore

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:25 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Yes but the regulars are still unhappy with their flat lager and they seem to want a relief manager in.

The DJ is still playing The Smiths, the pork scratchings have run out again and Mick McCarthy has nicked the Christmas Club money.

Just stop going for a few weeks.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:27 - Apr 2 with 4252 viewsFixed_It

Yeah - but would you still carry on your whinging if there was a new landlord lined up and the promise of a sizeable reduction in the price of a pint to herald his arrival?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:30 - Apr 2 with 4219 viewsBlueBadger

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:25 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Trouble is, the relief manager is likely to know that they're not there long-term, won't bother doing anything significant, keep the beer any better and may very well unsettle the remaining bar staff and regulars for the short time there is to wait for the new couple to come in and put a lick of paint on, keep the beer properly, etc.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:30 - Apr 2 with 4223 viewsHerbivore

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:21 - Apr 2 by Fixed_It

Do you know what? I have a season ticket, but am not going today. It's not the turgid football that puts me off so much as the negative fans. We need to break this cycle of negativity, and I just hope the new manager is given some leeway to get things moving in the right direction. But reading on here how some are still whinging and whining despite last weeks announcement, alongside the reduction in season ticket prices, I really do have my doubts.

On the plus side the most rabid on here don't actually go to PR so hopefully those who do go will be more chipper once a new man is in post.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:32 - Apr 2 with 4207 viewsThe_Snake

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:21 - Apr 2 by Fixed_It

You’re not alone there, can’t give tickets away for today’s game. I agree MM’s time has come to go, but leaving him in the firing line seems unfair for all concerned. I cant see today going well, can see MM getting a load of stick and the whole situation is avoidable. Just putting myself in his shoes, if I got a load of verbal today I’d be very tempted to just walk off down the touch line and toddle off for good.
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:32 - Apr 2 with 4209 viewsDubtractor

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:27 - Apr 2 by Fixed_It

Yeah - but would you still carry on your whinging if there was a new landlord lined up and the promise of a sizeable reduction in the price of a pint to herald his arrival?

But what if the real problem - that the brewery is still Greene King, when you really want an Adnams pub, is still unresolved?

And during the transition period they have stopped selling Old Speckled hen and you only have crappy Abbot Ale to drink?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024