Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... 22:14 - Apr 2 with 4038 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Spent 3 hours pre-game in the Station Hotel with a group of Millwall mates.....last time I went in there was when we played them a few years back. Obviously had a facelift and quite smart, excellent bar staff and made all the away fans feel very welcome.....quite right too. Had a 2 hour playlist of massive indie tunes and footy anthems that made sure they were all bouncing when they left for the game.

We just don't have the same sort of venue for home fans do we? Although I normally go to the Punch & Judy so maybe not the best judge!

Anyway, hats off to the Station Hotel
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:20 - Apr 2 with 3910 viewsmos

So you suggest the players should be in the pub before the game. Preferably a pub with good bartenders & music?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:26 - Apr 2 with 3858 viewsGodzilla

Fans make the fun not the venue, it's a state of mind, and our fans seem to be losing the will for enjoying football. In about two years time Wall will drop a league - they always do and will still enjoy themselves in away bars elsewhere.
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:34 - Apr 2 with 3767 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:20 - Apr 2 by mos

So you suggest the players should be in the pub before the game. Preferably a pub with good bartenders & music?

Eh????
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:39 - Apr 2 with 3740 viewsclive_baker

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:26 - Apr 2 by Godzilla

Fans make the fun not the venue, it's a state of mind, and our fans seem to be losing the will for enjoying football. In about two years time Wall will drop a league - they always do and will still enjoy themselves in away bars elsewhere.

Agree with this. Even earlier this season in the reverse fixture, sun was shining on what was a glorious late summers evening and Town fans were in fine voice in and around the pubs of London Bridge.

A lot of the wall fans commended us on how well we travelled that day and how much noise we were making. Of course that was buoyed by the optimism of a new season, and the football on the pitch and results plays a massive part to both numbers and attitude. Most of the last couple of seasons in particular has been dead rubber.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 23:43 - Apr 2 with 3457 viewsmos

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:34 - Apr 2 by Uncle_Bulgaria

Eh????

The title suggests that you have a possible reason/factor to why our footballing home form is bad.

Then in the paragraph of text, you reckon that having a place for town fans to get hyped up before the game would help this bad home form.

I don’t see how they really link, unless you can explain.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 03:18 - Apr 3 with 3270 viewsBluespeed225

Is Degeros still the bar of choice pre match? This season I've been coming straight down, in the ground and back to The Dove after. A good music selection can sort a pre match pub out though. Arcade has no music, Mannings? Curve is a bit souless i find, all about the tv and Prem match. The Drum, for all its sweaty faults at least had a bit of atmosphere, but that could have been the odour..
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 05:09 - Apr 3 with 3208 viewsBenters2

Its almost as if people enyoy away days more than the home games?
Mannings is very good on a home games.
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 06:55 - Apr 3 with 3077 viewsWarkystache

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 05:09 - Apr 3 by Benters2

Its almost as if people enyoy away days more than the home games?
Mannings is very good on a home games.

I find the enjoyment and noise factor increases exponentially when the booze in the boozer is cheap and cheerful. That's why I like The Cricketers.

Perhaps encouraging our home fans to come by public transport and get hammered before the game might work?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Login to get fewer ads

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 07:08 - Apr 3 with 3027 viewsBloomBlue

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 22:20 - Apr 2 by mos

It worked for the team in 70/80s - well maybe that was the Friday not the Sat
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 07:16 - Apr 3 with 3005 viewsBenters2

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 06:55 - Apr 3 by Warkystache

I find the enjoyment and noise factor increases exponentially when the booze in the boozer is cheap and cheerful. That's why I like The Cricketers.

Perhaps encouraging our home fans to come by public transport and get hammered before the game might work?

Its sounds good to me!

Let the train take the strain and all that.
A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 08:39 - Apr 3 with 2821 viewsSlambo

I think it's a bit of a reach to say that our home form is effected by not having a proper home boozer anymore, but I nonetheless 100% agree with your sentiment. Having a proper home boozer like the Drum & Monkey (RIP. They don't make 'em like that anymore) allowed the rowdier Towen fans to congregate in one place, get on the beers, and start some chants. These could then get disseminated in the North Stand (I suppose where those would most likely sit) creating more of an atmosphere and - crucially - more of a fan culture (as an aside, i'm genuinely concerned the club's fan culture is being eroded. We've become so desperate for success on the pitch that we just sit in expectation waiting to be wowed, like customers at a cinema. But this is probably a debate for another thread). What pubs would host a load of football fans..?! Every pub is slowly turning into a middle class gastro-pub. I've thought the Brewer's Arms just off Norwich Road would be a natural heir to the Drum & Monkey: unpretentious, close to the ground, fair bit of space at the back and EXCELLENT jukebox...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

A new reason why our home form is so bad..... on 11:00 - Apr 3 with 2590 viewssolemio

How can you be Uncle Bulgaria?

Bontcho is Uncle Bulgaria.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024