Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brum Peeps 11:09 - Apr 3 with 2585 viewshype313

Not sure if we have any resident Brum peeps about, just interested to know how fierce the WBA Wolves rivalry is? As it seems Mick is on his way there be interesting to see what reception he gets from them, if it's quite heated he will have to get them up and running sharpish.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Brum Peeps on 11:14 - Apr 3 with 2549 viewswkj

Pretty fierce I thought as I believe it was Wolves losing to WBA which sealed Mick's fate at Wolves.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brum Peeps on 11:19 - Apr 3 with 2535 viewsBasuco

Brum Peeps on 11:14 - Apr 3 by wkj

Pretty fierce I thought as I believe it was Wolves losing to WBA which sealed Mick's fate at Wolves.

At least West Brom won't be playing Wolves next season.
Brum Peeps on 11:27 - Apr 3 with 2494 viewsm14_blue

Properly fierce.

Wolves - WBA
Villa - Brum
Brum Peeps on 11:28 - Apr 3 with 2492 viewshype313

Brum Peeps on 11:27 - Apr 3 by m14_blue

Properly fierce.

Wolves - WBA
Villa - Brum

So they will be a happy as we would if Bryan Gunn arrived here then.

Brum Peeps on 11:29 - Apr 3 with 2486 viewsTownly

They, West Bromich and Wolverhampton, are 26 miles apart, but it might as well be 226 as there is a big difference between the supporters.

I always found Baggies supporters to be amiable and benign on the whole (there will always be bad apples.) Wolvo fans are more sinister and sub-way army and biased (Not all, a lot of very nice ones exist as well.)

Although the Hawthorns is situated just inside Birmingham at the end of the Soho Road they leave any rivalry there to Villa and Brum City to the extent that they might be 226 miles apart.

McCarthy won't expect to receive a universal welcome, unless he immediately turns water into wine.

It would be worse at many other clubs with rivalries.
Brum Peeps on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 2460 viewshype313

Brum Peeps on 11:29 - Apr 3 by Townly

They, West Bromich and Wolverhampton, are 26 miles apart, but it might as well be 226 as there is a big difference between the supporters.

I always found Baggies supporters to be amiable and benign on the whole (there will always be bad apples.) Wolvo fans are more sinister and sub-way army and biased (Not all, a lot of very nice ones exist as well.)

Although the Hawthorns is situated just inside Birmingham at the end of the Soho Road they leave any rivalry there to Villa and Brum City to the extent that they might be 226 miles apart.

McCarthy won't expect to receive a universal welcome, unless he immediately turns water into wine.

Just had a look on a Baggies forum and surprised to see Mick's name being mentioned and people seem ok with it.

Interesting that lots would take Mogga back in a heartbeat, lots of shouts for Mcinns and Hurst.

Brum Peeps on 11:35 - Apr 3 with 2450 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I doubt Mick will be bothered.

Wolves sacked him, fans were calling for him to go. He doesn't place his relationship with clubs' fans as a high priority.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Brum Peeps on 11:37 - Apr 3 with 2443 viewsfarkenhell

Are they really as much as 26 miles apart? You can catch a glimpse of the Hawthorns from the M5, close to its joining the M6 (I think this is Spaghetti Junction). Wolverhampton is at the Northern end of Birmingham on the M6 - or so I always thought. Is it really 26 miles from one t'other?
Login to get fewer ads

Brum Peeps on 11:37 - Apr 3 with 2438 viewsLord_Lucan

26 miles? What are you on about.

It's about 10 miles.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brum Peeps on 11:38 - Apr 3 with 2435 viewshype313

Brum Peeps on 11:35 - Apr 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

I doubt Mick will be bothered.

Wolves sacked him, fans were calling for him to go. He doesn't place his relationship with clubs' fans as a high priority.

It was a question based on what the general consensus of Baggies fans thoughts would be given the rivalry, rather than what Mick would think.

I would imagine he wouldn't think twice if the money was right.

Brum Peeps on 11:41 - Apr 3 with 2421 viewsfarkenhell

Brum Peeps on 11:37 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

It's about 10 miles.

Ha Lucan, far more succinct than me - as always!
Brum Peeps on 11:48 - Apr 3 with 2385 viewsbadadski

Brum Peeps on 11:41 - Apr 3 by farkenhell

Ha Lucan, far more succinct than me - as always!

Betfair was 10-1 for Mick to be next WBA manager
Cheeky £13 on it . Seems decent odds to me with all the rumours flying around and knowing what we do after his sneaky post match comments filled with little Easter eggs.
Brum Peeps on 11:55 - Apr 3 with 2363 viewsfactual_blue

You don't know what you're talking about.

All the West Midlands clubs hate each other with a passion.

You don't even appear to know where the two grounds are!

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brum Peeps on 11:56 - Apr 3 with 2355 viewsfactual_blue

Brum Peeps on 11:37 - Apr 3 by farkenhell

Are they really as much as 26 miles apart? You can catch a glimpse of the Hawthorns from the M5, close to its joining the M6 (I think this is Spaghetti Junction). Wolverhampton is at the Northern end of Birmingham on the M6 - or so I always thought. Is it really 26 miles from one t'other?

It's less than 12 miles along the A41. And you can go by tram these days.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brum Peeps on 11:57 - Apr 3 with 2352 viewsStuartBrett8

It's about 10 miles.

9.8 miles according to google

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Brum Peeps on 12:01 - Apr 3 with 2335 viewsTownly

Brum Peeps on 11:57 - Apr 3 by StuartBrett8

9.8 miles according to google

Yep!

I did Google Map it but must have typed in incorrectly.
Brum Peeps on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 2315 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's about 10 miles.

Only 10, but feels like 26 miles as its a 3/4 of an hour drive.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brum Peeps on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 2311 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You know neither WBA or Wolves are in Birmingham right?

Brum Peeps on 12:22 - Apr 3 with 2289 viewsTownly

Brum Peeps on 12:09 - Apr 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Well yes actually even though I'm clearly not as clever as you.

My memory must be letting me down then.

I always thought that the Hawthorns was just the other side of that big roundabout of the A41/M5 on the Birmingham side and which marked the boundary line.

There's hardly a distance in it.

I've played cricket at the Dartmouth Club and remember a decent municipal golf course nearby. The Hawthorns was in spitting distance from both ... but also clearly just within the West Bromwich boundary, with it's centre further away.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 12:24]
Brum Peeps on 12:32 - Apr 3 with 2272 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Brum Peeps on 12:22 - Apr 3 by Townly

I always thought that the Hawthorns was just the other side of that big roundabout of the A41/M5 on the Birmingham side and which marked the boundary line.

I've played cricket at the Dartmouth Club and remember a decent municipal golf course nearby. The Hawthorns was in spitting distance from both ... but also clearly just within the West Bromwich boundary, with it's centre further away.

What are you on about? It wasn't you who said they were.

Brum Peeps on 12:33 - Apr 3 with 2272 viewsLord_Lucan

Brum Peeps on 12:22 - Apr 3 by Townly

West Bromwich isn't in Birmingham as such but in reality it is part of Greater Birmingham. Spitting distance.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brum Peeps on 12:39 - Apr 3 with 2244 viewsTownly

Brum Peeps on 12:32 - Apr 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

What are you on about? It wasn't you who said they were.

Yes it was.
Brum Peeps on 12:47 - Apr 3 with 2229 viewshype313

Brum Peeps on 12:09 - Apr 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yes, but for the sake of brevity on the thread title I thought it would be better.

Forgot about the pedants.

Brum Peeps on 12:47 - Apr 3 with 2228 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Brum Peeps on 12:39 - Apr 3 by Townly

Yes it was.

Have you got two log ins then? Because you aren't the OP.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024